To Sell or Not to Sell? | FerrariChat

To Sell or Not to Sell?

Discussion in '308/328' started by Owens84QV, Jan 1, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Owens84QV

Owens84QV F1 Rookie

Oct 2, 2001
    Somewhere in NC
    Full Name:
    Greg
    I have a full set of TRX wheels (in average condition) with TRX tires (about 50% of tread remaining). Currently, I have a set of 16" Cromodora Mags installed so the TRX wheels just sit unused year after year.

Should I sell or hang on to them?

If the concensus is sell, any idea what a reasonable price would be?

2. gigaleff

gigaleff Rookie

Feb 27, 2008
    Switzerland
    keep them - they'll have big value in maybe 10 or 20 years. then the question will be "to have or not to have",,,

3. PV Dirk

PV Dirk F1 Veteran

Jul 26, 2009
    Ahwatukee, AZ
    They are the wheels that everyone gets rid of. As mentioned above, at some point when people are building true show cars they will want these. Stick them in your attic and forget about them. (unless you move)

4. thecarreaper

thecarreaper F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah
    agree. i tried to sell off all 4 of mine for $100.00 with tires. had no takers. i recently had the tires removed, and i tossed the wheels in the attic. they are useless to me, and may only have served as rollers for maintenance. i would rather have the room in the shop.

5. Owens84QV

Owens84QV F1 Rookie

Oct 2, 2001
    Somewhere in NC
    Full Name:
    Greg
    Thank you everyone for your inputs which I agree with. We were going through our winter de-cluterizing process and saw the wheels that had been sitting there for 4 years so I thought I'd pose the question.

6. BillyD

BillyD Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 28, 2004
    Pacific Northwest
    Full Name:
    Bill
    I've kept my 14s thinking that some day I'd have some adapters made & put them on the car trailer if I were to ever trailer the 308 again. Of course I'd have to paint the trailer red or yellow or red & yellow ;-)

7. PV Dirk

PV Dirk F1 Veteran

Jul 26, 2009
    Ahwatukee, AZ
    For $100.00 a piece they are in the art project range. Maybe a coffee table or night stand. Even at that I can't justify the money. If I had some lying around I wouldn't get rid of them though.

8. thecarreaper

thecarreaper F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah
    agree. i have a wrecked 308 wheel o and several other car parts on display in my home, from the cars i have ended up with. i am just going to keep them.

i would think 14s at least are sellable, and correct for the early carb cars.

9. Birdman

Birdman F1 Veteran

Jun 20, 2003
    North shore, MA
    Full Name:
    THE Birdman
    I agree with everyone. Keep them.

1. They are part of your car's heritage and essential for a period correct car for a future owner who might care about such a thing.

2. They are not worth enough to make it worth selling them.

Birdman