New Website advice | FerrariChat

New Website advice

Discussion in 'Creative Arts' started by cove26, Dec 30, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. cove26

cove26 Formula 3

Nov 13, 2007
    CT
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Just got my new website up and still working on adding photos and some tweeking, but need some advice and your comments to make it the best it could be!

Thanks for your comments!

www.mcovephoto.com Not promoting to sell things, just looking for your comments to make it better!

Mike

2. Son of Jedi

Son of Jedi Formula Junior

Dec 30, 2009
    Death Star
    Full Name:
    Jeremy
    I think it's certainly got a sleek look, but I'd do away with the red background and maybe make it plain black. The flash also seems to be a bit sluggish, but other than that it's nice. Very professional, well done! ;)

3. wingfeather

wingfeather F1 Rookie

Feb 1, 2007
    rock bottom
    Background is very busy. How do I navigate the photos? How do I enlarge each?

4. Jedi

Jedi Moderator
    Moderator Lifetime Rossa Owner

Mar 18, 2008
    Seattle Area
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Looks like "cover flow" of iPod fame... kinda cool.. maybe speed it up a bit
    so it's more like the Apple concept. I agree with the other poster that maybe
    do away with the red and make it all clean black...

But not so bad, IMO....

Jedi

5. cove26

cove26 Formula 3

Nov 13, 2007
    CT
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Thanks for all for all of the feedback. In terms of navigating photos, you go to where it says Gallery and click on that, then there are separate albums with some examples of my work. Then you can just click on the pictures to enlarge and it shows prices, etc....

6. NbyNW

NbyNW F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

You asked... looks pretty basic. Don't like the fonts - size and relationship. Readability isn't good. Not sure what Fine Art Photography has to do with your site, just lots of car/motocycle pics. Loads slow - as noted. Nav is odd. I get pop ups with tons of code when hovering over pics. Keep working on it!

7. Son of Jedi

Son of Jedi Formula Junior

Dec 30, 2009
    Death Star
    Full Name:
    Jeremy
    I agree, there is, indeed, much room for improvement, but there's no place to start from than the bottom and you've got a good idea going. Just keep tweaking, you'll get it! ;)

8. cove26

cove26 Formula 3

Nov 13, 2007
    CT
    Full Name:
    Mike

Thanks for the constructive criticism. In terms of Fine Art Photography, that is what I do. All of the pictures you see were taken by me. It is still in the works and we are currently working on the loading and navigation, also working on making it a little easier to read.

9. cove26

cove26 Formula 3

Nov 13, 2007
    CT
    Full Name:
    Mike

Thanks for the constructive criticism. In terms of Fine Art Photography, that is what I do. All of the pictures you see were taken by me. It is still in the works and we are currently working on the loading and navigation, also working on making it a little easier to read.