Another Fcar? | FerrariChat

Another Fcar?

Discussion in '308/328' started by Tokyo Drftr, Jan 3, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Tokyo Drftr

Tokyo Drftr Formula 3

Jan 18, 2009
    UA-USA-JP
    Full Name:
    Ро&#1081
    Well i went to visit my mother over new years and drop off my nero 308 in her garage (next to the F40). When i got there she tells me the new neighbors have a ferrari and asked if i wanted to see it. Of course i did. In the back yard under a car tent was a red 355 f1 spider. On stands. Seems it came from florida, has never been registered and was told it wouldn't pass smog. The people have no clue as to the cost of getting this back on the road. They couldn't even pay the registration fees. So i told him, if he ever wanted to sell it let me know. My mother was there and she heard this and said where are you going to put it? Details............. Question being, what do you guys in this forum think of the 355. I ask here (as opposed to the 348/355 section), as i am first and foremost a 308 devotee. Never even considered a 355, but i won't let an opportunity to own any fcar pass me by.

2. Sledge4.2

Sledge4.2 F1 Rookie

Oct 19, 2007
    Marin
    Full Name:
    Geno
    I love the 355, its the next fcar I will own. I would prefer a black B. The valve guide and header issues are well documented in the 355/348 section, but all that aside its the best looking and best sounding modern ferrari in my book.

3. spang308

spang308 Formula Junior

Jul 17, 2004
    York, PA
    I'm curious as to why the car didn't pass smog...no cats? A properly tuned 355 should easily pass smog. I would investigate this first before offering any money for it. While 355s are nice cars, a deferred maintenance one can cost a fortune to make right. Valve guide issues, cracked headers, worn out cats, O2 sensors, etc. Do yourself a favor and get the facts on this one, you'll thank yourself. They are far more costly to repair than your 308.

Spang

4. Tokyo Drftr

Tokyo Drftr Formula 3

Jan 18, 2009
    UA-USA-JP
    Full Name:
    Ро&#1081
    He mentioned cats.......didn't know if they were bad or missing.......I didn't really inspect the car.