Luxury Motors in Downers Grove? | Page 12 | FerrariChat

Luxury Motors in Downers Grove?

Discussion in 'Chicago' started by adamr, Nov 22, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Darolls

Darolls F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Sparky
    Caveat Emptor!!!!!

At this point I wouldn't even think of doing business with them, no matter who owns the franchise!

If Perillo now owns it, there are probably many vehicles that need to be sorted out.. remember, under Abbas, there were many cars with stories that were never revealed.

I'm not saying you should or shouldn't buy; just be beware.

2. BP1

BP1 Rookie

Oct 7, 2009
    #277 BP1, Nov 16, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2009
    Did you inquire of it's condition, maintenance records, tire life etc.?
    Buying a car sight unseen puts the onus on you.

A prior inspection by a third party is best.
    I have known dealerships to agree to this when made a contingency of purchase and in fact have been involved in many myself ( on the service end).

Too many times I have witnessed people cry foul when they did not perform any due diligence of their own. There will be occasion that the sales staff is unaware of any defect in the vehicle being offered...it's not always a sinister plot to screw you over.

If the purchase was from "New Luxury Motors", I believe Abbas is no longer part of that ownership group.

I hope it all works out for you.

3. Enzomaniac

Enzomaniac Karting

Aug 30, 2004
    Chicago 60610; 530 W Chicago Ave; 17-04-324-080-0000
    Steven D Schroeder 0705733177
    (312)372-3458 $6,640,000.00
    $6,640,000.00
    09Ch-45404 Joseph J Perillo MB Financial Bk NA vs. 530 W Chicago Inc, Chgo & Larabie Garage Inc, Joseph J Perillo, MB Financial Bk NA, Downers Motors, Luxury Motors, Joseph Abbas

4. carlagio

carlagio Formula Junior

Jul 3, 2005
    Chicagoland
    Full Name:
    Carla G.

This was their Service location.

5. Continental AutoSports

Sponsor

Aug 22, 2006
    Hinsdale, IL
    Full Name:
    Bobby Williams / Parts Manager
    Who owns this location now? Some guy just called me today from a shop at that location.
    Infinitech was the shop name.

6. CarGuySpyder

CarGuySpyder Rookie

Nov 18, 2009
    Joe Abbas retained 49% ownership of The New Luxury Motors when he sold it to Kevin Whelen of Houston, TX. Kevin's RIGHT HAND MAN here in Chicago is another scumbag named Dave Watts. NO INTEGRITY with that jagbag either.
    Dave is usually shuttling between Las Vegas, OAKLAND and Chicago. He is assisted in the CRIMINAL ENTERPRISE by another middle-easterner named Walid Mourhad.
    BTW: Joe Abbas is LEBANESE...although...what's the difference, really?
    The sales crew at BGC is pretty much the same wrecking crew from BDG.
    Let's see:
    Convicted Felon looking like the HULK with a PERMA-TAN
    JAPANESE SPEAKING BROWN-NOSER GYPSY
    ILLITERATE MIDDLE-EASTERN POSTER CHILD FOR D&G SUITS THAT ARE 2 SIZES TOO SMALL
    &
    INFAMOUS BALDING PALESTINIAN WHO THINKS HE'S SUPERMAN

WALK IN AND FEEL LIKE YOU'VE WALKED IN TO DOWNTOWN BEIRUT

7. carguy1984

carguy1984 Rookie

Oct 31, 2009
    Were you the management team hired by the Bank to oversee the operation?

You appear to have some great inside information.

8. CareerCarGuy

CareerCarGuy Rookie

Feb 19, 2008
    LOL!

9. EVILZ33

EVILZ33 Formula Junior

Feb 2, 2007
    chicago
    i heard a rumor that he was in the can. this was about 2 weeks ago but it was from someone who knew him personally.

10. carlagio

carlagio Formula Junior

Jul 3, 2005
    Chicagoland
    Full Name:
    Carla G.
    I don't know if you guys are aware, but Joe Abbas's brother, Rich, owns INFINITECH!!!!
    In fact, yesterday ALL the "service hydrolic lifts" were repo'd by the leasing company for non-payment!!! The Lambo store has NO SERVICE what-so-ever because the special Lambo tools were repo'd by one of the banks too.

The closing with Perillo and Abbas on the Bently/Lambo Gold Coast still has not taken place!!

11. birddog

birddog Formula Junior

Jun 24, 2006
    Illinois
    Full Name:
    Ed
    Repo'd their lifts and tools? Ouch! Anyway, anyone know who owns the SAAB dealer on Ogden in Downers Grove now? It was built by Gartner originally, but then bought by Abbas/Luxury Motors within what seemed like a month or two of being built. Now they have a "NEW MANAGEMENT" sign out front. Is there hope that they're owned by someone reputable now?

12. Norm512TR

Norm512TR Formula Junior

Nov 10, 2001
    Colorado Springs, Colorado
    Full Name:
    Norm
    i heard a radio commercial on WBBM the other morning for Luxury Motors. said it was under new ownership and all of the vehicles were stored in a heated buliding close to O'Hare.

13. carlagio

carlagio Formula Junior

Jul 3, 2005
    Chicagoland
    Full Name:
    Carla G.
    The Luxury Motors-Ohare location is owned by several investors, some of the same people and associates that were partners with Joe Abbas and a few new players too. They are trying to do a huge advertising campaign to say that it is not associated with the original LM in Downers Grove by calling it Luxury Motors II. The banks will not allow Joe Abbas to step foot into that location or funds will be pulled/frozen.

14. Andrew Armitage

Andrew Armitage Karting

Oct 28, 2009
    Plainfield, IL
    Full Name:
    Andrew Armitage
    I went by the Downers Grove location a couple weeks ago and there looked to be just a hand full of cars in the lot.

15. farrbar

farrbar Karting

Sep 28, 2006
    Chicagoland
    Today I saw a number of cars on Craigslist listed for sale by "Mondial Motorsports" using an address of 834 N. Rush (i..e the BCG location). Just an FYI - not sure if they are trying to develop a brand for used cars (i.e. re-invent the old "Luxury Motors")?

16. mkultra

mkultra Formula 3

Nov 3, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    Full Name:
    MK Ultra
    from my understanding Joe is no longer associated with Luxury Motors. he is however part of Bentley Gold Coast, which is under ownership of the Perillo's.

17. carlagio

carlagio Formula Junior

Jul 3, 2005
    Chicagoland
    Full Name:
    Carla G.
    Joe did sell his interest in Bently and Lamborghini Gold Coast, BUT the agreement is that Joe Abas stay on as a full time employee. He's available everyday to sell you a car!

18. absent

absent F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 2, 2003
    illinois
    Full Name:
    mark k.
    Just a salesman?

19. Darolls

Darolls F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Sparky
    I've met Joe and yes, he wears suits 2 sizes to small.

"Just a salesman?"......he's lucky, he should be in prison!

20. carlagio

carlagio Formula Junior

Jul 3, 2005
    Chicagoland
    Full Name:
    Carla G.
    Yes, BUT he IS being compensated VERY VERY well per their agreement for him to stay on at that location.

21. Darolls

Darolls F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Sparky
    Not meant to ruffle any feathers, but I believe it's a mistake to keep him on. If any of you are familiar with Steve Foley's RR/Bentley dealership, you'll surely know the name Vernon Smith. Throughout the country he's known as 'Vermin Smith' because he's a liar and a conniver.

Greed is what drives these dealerships. Although these scoundrels; Abas/Smith are known liars, they do perpetuate sales. To the unknowing buyer, they will purchase from them, not knowing the true underhandedness of their agents sales spiels!

It seems many dealerships like sales people that can sell cars, no matter what methods they use.

Buy a car from Joe or 'Vermin,' and you probably won't get the true history of the car you thought you were buying. I know this from my own experiences.

Sparky

22. absent

absent F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 2, 2003
    illinois
    Full Name:
    mark k.
    Vernon Smith was let go by Steve Foley Jr back in 2004 after a personal conflict between the two.
    He worked for Bentley GC after that but only for about a year or so.
    He is not affilated with anyone currently.

23. Formula 1

Formula 1 Formula 3

Feb 20, 2005
    Are there any decent exotic car dealers left in the state of Illinois?

24. Townshend

Townshend F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 20, 2005
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Walter
    Continental..LFSC..?