New Ferrari Owner looking for others in the area of Sacramento, Roseville to Drive! | FerrariChat

New Ferrari Owner looking for others in the area of Sacramento, Roseville to Drive!

Discussion in 'California & Nevada (Northern)' started by drpetril, Jan 3, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. drpetril

drpetril Formula Junior

Sep 25, 2009
    Reno NV and N. CA
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Hey everyone my name is Dave, I recently purchased a f430, and I am looking for other ferrari owners around the area who meet everyonce in awhile or a drive, hanging out etc.. If you know of anyone, please respond. thanks

Dave

2. jet

jet Formula Junior

Apr 12, 2004
    Bay Area
    It's been pretty slow around Sac area. Couple years back (before the crash of real estate) few guys would meet around Pavilions few times a year. The guys in Bay Area have a nice get together almost every Saturday if you're willing to drive.

3. RSQP

RSQP F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 25, 2005
    California
    Full Name:
    Beaker
    It's worth the drive to Marin. There's one coming up this Saturday.

4. butcher

butcher Formula 3

Oct 19, 2008
    Castro Valley, CA
    Full Name:
    Albert
    Yes the Marin recurring drive and meal is worth it everytime. I drive at least 30 miles one way to get there, and one of our regular attendees drives as far as 40 miles or so (from Dublin/Livermore area). I know Sac is still quite a ways, but if you plan it well, attending once in a while would definitely be worth it.

5. Terculees

Terculees Formula Junior

Mar 3, 2008
    San Diego, CA
    Full Name:
    Andrei C.
    #5 Terculees, Jan 5, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2010
    I'll go fo a drive with you this weekend if you like. I'll call up SillyPuppy and see if his F355 is back from the shop, maybe make it a threesome.

Do you like to show your car or drive you car?
    The Sacramento area actually has quite a few F-cars, and even more exotics. There is a good monthly euro/exotics meet, which is on break for December but will be back at the end of January. I do videography for that meet. The guys organizing that meet do some technical and scenic drives in the foothills that will let you open your baby up a bit. I also autocross my car, but it's pretty violent on your car with rapid acceleration and braking, so you may want to try a beginner track day first which will be much gentler on the car and the driver.

PM me for details.

6. Phat Daddy

Phat Daddy Rookie

Oct 30, 2008
    N. California
    Full Name:
    Phat Daddy
    Check out Ferrari Club of America Pacific Region @ http://www.ferraripacific.org/. There is a group in the Sacramento Area that is working on organizing a local chapter. PM and I can give you the contact info.

7. Logical1

Logical1 Karting

Apr 14, 2007
    CA
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Hi Dave,
    Another Dave here in Rocklin. Bought my F430 last spring and am always looking for a good reason to drive. I agree with Terculees, the euro get together is well worthwhile, frequently attracting > 100 cars, including a few F-cars.

Cheers!
    Dave

8. cal355

cal355 Formula Junior

Jun 16, 2004
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    Cal
    The Stockton area has a great group of F- car owners and F-Chat members. Post a message to Meantessarossa.

9. PinoyP

PinoyP Formula 3

Aug 7, 2006
    Bay Area
    Full Name:
    AL

+1111

10. SillyPuppy

SillyPuppy Formula 3

Aug 2, 2005
    drpetril, my car's back from the shop (three hours ago!), and ready to drive, as soon as the good roads are clear. I'll also be joining the Marin guys as soon as I can, and I welcome you to caravan down there with me. That goes for all of you Sac-area guys. ;)

Other than that, I do drives on my own, but have become careful of whom I take along (I gotta know you, and your driving style...), so after we hang together at some meets and other drives, you'll be more than welcome to take the weekend jaunts with me. I have a few good routes I like, and am always looking for new ones...

Orrie

11. jm3

jm3 F1 Rookie

Oct 3, 2002
    United States
    Full Name:
    JM3
    History:

What is now "Euro-Sunday" across the US, actually started with Ferrari owners meeting at the Starbucks in The Pavillions on Fair Oaks.

We used to meet down there, and go for a drive. I think I remember Sandman, RacerXGTO and Sillypuppy being on the very first drive through Amador County.

http://ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13011

Here are some maps that were posted for that first drive.

http://www.ground-control.com/images...rrari_map1.jpg

http://www.ground-control.com/images...rrari_map2.jpg

There are many good drives around Sacramento.

http://www.ground-control.com/images...scouting_1.jpg

http://www.ground-control.com/images...scouting_2.jpg

http://www.ground-control.com/images...scouting_3.jpg

I have been going down to the Saturday Marin drives, and they are a persistent bunch of guys, to say the least. However we have a lot to offer close to home, and I think we can get something going to where some of those guys would want to come up here and see what its like to have a drive without 10 million bicyclists (all wearing the yellow jersey of the TDF leader).

There is a meeting at The Pavillions this coming Sunday, which will certainly have a few Ferraris even though there is a 30% chance of rain. I propose we meet there and have a brainstorming session.

We all are working very hard, and one or two of us have had to sell their cars, but if we can take a lesson from the Bay Area guys who are threatening to need their own damn forum, we can have some fantastic drives.

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msa=0...Q&ie=UTF8&z=16

Someone is also trying to put together a Sacramento Chapter of The Ferrari Club of America. I do not know him, but I have emailed him asking him to show up at The Pavillions also. The drive after, is a Berryessa drive at 10:30. I am not planning on going on that, but I think we should take this opportunity of a fun meeting spot, with true enthusiasts to plan some drives of OUR OWN for the future, in our beautiful area.

Jay

12. Logical1

Logical1 Karting

Apr 14, 2007
    CA
    Full Name:
    Dave
    #12 Logical1, Jan 22, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 23, 2010
    Good. I'll be there. Let's get it going. Forgot ******** is a forbidden word. See you at Pavilions

Dave

13. Logical1

Logical1 Karting

Apr 14, 2007
    CA
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Great idea. See you Sunday at Pavilions.

Dave
    Red/tan 430

14. SillyPuppy

SillyPuppy Formula 3

Aug 2, 2005
    I shall be in attendance, willing to share what little I know of fun roads in the area, as well.

Orrie

15. jm3

jm3 F1 Rookie

Oct 3, 2002
    United States
    Full Name:
    JM3
    I'll bring some maps!

Jay

16. GoFerrari28

GoFerrari28 Formula 3

Jun 16, 2004
    Ridgemont, CA
    Full Name:
    Jeff Spicoli
    I think I'll attend. Then home to watch Powerblock on Spike TV and the NFL playoffs.

17. 4redude

4redude Formula Junior

Jan 13, 2005
    Fungus Corner
    Full Name:
    Brian Keegan
    I live up here now. Maybe I can tag along in my beater?

18. SillyPuppy

SillyPuppy Formula 3

Aug 2, 2005
    Hey, Brian! I do many, many drives (weather permitting, which hasn't been the case the last couple weeks!). Some of 'em are Ferrari-only, others are "drive what ya brought". I plan on setting up (or joining) a large number this year, assuming the duct tape holds on the car, of both types. You're welcome to join on any you fit into!

Orrie

19. jm3

jm3 F1 Rookie

Oct 3, 2002
    United States
    Full Name:
    JM3
    You have a 308 GT4?

Jay

20. freescopesdad

freescopesdad Karting

Jun 14, 2005
  21. alfamang35

alfamang35 Rookie

Jun 24, 2007
    1700 Ladino Rd., Sac
    Full Name:
    Phil Stubblefield
    Hey, I'm here in Sac close to Arden and Eastern and have a 1989 348tb that I drive regularly during the week and weekends. Soon as the weather warms up I am planning a day trip to Napa valley for food and sights.

Phil Stubblefield
    916-715-9617

22. freescopesdad

freescopesdad Karting

Jun 14, 2005
    Actually I went solo to Napa yesterday morning, before the ahem...downpour lol. Never saw a drop, the roads were dry and empty. Played with a C5 Corvette and a Boxster S on the way back past Lake Hennessey to the dam. Think about joining us on May 2nd for a drive to Infineon to catch the Ferrari Challenge races. We'll leave from the Chevron in Winters at about 8:15AM.

Ron

23. drpetril

drpetril Formula Junior

Sep 25, 2009
    Reno NV and N. CA
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Hey, sorry I got caught up in alot of work and after checking back several times with no responses I took a break. Are you still up for driving?

Dave

24. drpetril

drpetril Formula Junior

Sep 25, 2009
    Reno NV and N. CA
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Terculees,

Sorry for the late reply, got caught up with work and haven't checked in for awhile. You still up to meet sometime? I like to drive and show, but its hard to find anyone or any events in the area.

Dave
    530-613-4111

25. drpetril

drpetril Formula Junior

Sep 25, 2009
    Reno NV and N. CA
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Orrie,

Hit me up if your interested in driving. Hard to find anyone around here to drive with. I am pretty busy during the weeks, but who knows.

Dave

530-613-4111