1995 355 plug wires | FerrariChat

1995 355 plug wires

Discussion in '348/355' started by mike_747, Jan 7, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. mike_747

mike_747 Formula Junior

Dec 15, 2008
    Seattle
    My car is in for the major and they found significant corrosion on the wire ends. they (Ferrari Dealer) quoted me $1,900 for a new complete set of wires. Is this a customary price from a dealer.

anyone know what Ricambi gets for these? They (service techs) will try first to clean/restore the wires and then see how successful they are.

any feedback is greatly appreciated.

Mike

2. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    Get a set from Kingsborne. They use the exact same Beru parts on each end of the wire, but instead of Beru wire, they use their own 7mm wire (maybe what they use IS Beru wire, but it does not have any markings?). They otherwise look, and work identically to the factory wires, only they cost $400, instead of the incredible amount Ferrari charges.

www.kingsborne.com

I have had them on my car for several years, no problems, as do several others on this forum.

3. ernie

ernie Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 19, 2001
    The Brickyard
    Full Name:
    The Bad Guy
    What he ^ said.

4. mike_747

mike_747 Formula Junior

Dec 15, 2008
    Seattle
    thanks you guys are the best. I assume the dealer will install what I give them. Has anyone ever gotten grief for not using the "Ferrrari" parts?

thanks
    Mike

5. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    I have never had a problem with Ferrari of Seattle, as long as the part is of equal or better quality, they have no issue. But remember, if the part fails, or causes an issue, you are on the hook for the part and labor to correct it, unless it was caused by an installation fault.

6. junglistluder

junglistluder F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 23, 2007
    VA
    Full Name:
    Brendan
    I have a complete set of used OEM 355 plug wires in good shape. $150 if you want them.