Anyone for Sugo on Saturday? | FerrariChat

Anyone for Sugo on Saturday?

Discussion in 'South Central - USA (TN, MS, AL, GA)' started by Gatorrari, Jan 6, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    Last month I got a birthday discount offer from Sugo that I haven't used yet and is about to expire. I was thinking of going this coming Saturday, and anyone who wants to join me is invited to do so. (This is the Johns Creek location on GA-141, where many of us have eaten in the past.)

Let's say, meet around 4 PM? I anticipate that we'll spend most of the time inside, and in my case I probably won't have my Ferrari, since it is undergoing its annual servicing. So if you see a blue Civic Si parked there, that's mine. At least it should be a little warmer than at "Potenza on Peachtree" that morning! :D

2. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    Since it appears that I'll be dining alone, I'm going to go to the Roswell (clocktower) location instead. It's closer, and with the questionable road conditions I don't want to have to go further. As for "Potenza", if FoA is crazy enough to try and put it on tomorrow, I doubt if more than a handful of people will come. I'm going to skip it this month.

(At about 1 PM today, I tried to drive down off the "mountain" in the Civic to cash a check. Barnes Mill Road was so icy that I slid off, jumped a curb and came to rest, fully intact, on the grass. About a dozen other cars were nearby, pointed in a variety of directions, some slightly dented. Some locals were in the process of blocking off that stretch of road so that others wouldn't have my problem. I walked home from there, came back about 3:30 and drove the car home via the only alternate route that was clear. I'm amazed that some 16 hours after the snow stopped, Cobb County has still not come by to treat an arterial road!)

3. Lanikai

Lanikai Formula Junior

Dec 18, 2003
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Will Campbell
    we were crazy enough to put it on this morning. Great hot breakfast at the Ritz. Parking lot was a little empty though.

4. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    Yeah, but did anyone show up, and were they in their "daily drivers"? I would have been!

Welcome to Georgia, Will. This never would have happened in Fort Lauderdale.....

5. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    #5 Gatorrari, Jan 9, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    This photo was posted on channel 3's website. See the blue car parked on the grass on the left side of the road? That's my Civic! (I went back at 3:30 and drove it home by going thru a subdivision and avoiding that section of Barnes Mill completely. I understand that the county finally sanded that stretch around 7 PM.)
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

6. tazz99

tazz99 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 16, 2007
    Kennesaw, GA
    Full Name:
    Seth
    Sorry I missed it this month. Got home from Honduras last night to find my front yard looking like a skating rink, and yes I left a faucet dripping. Waiting for the plumber to show up this morning.

7. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro
    I dont care where you are from, its really difficult to drive on ice unless you have studded tires. We were iced in most of yesterday, I finally had to let some air of of the tires to get grip on the main street out side our drive way... lucky that no accidents. although it blows my mind that some folks think that just because they are in an SUV they can drive like normal on icy roads.... we had several abandoned cars on Defoors Ferry this morning that had run in's with local trees, and hedge bushes....Coming back from buckhead this afternoon I saw somebody out in a Countach... going west bound on West Westly rd... that is courage!

8. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    I told the boss at Sugo that the Ferrari was still being serviced, but that even if I had it available, I still would have come in the Honda. While the road to Roswell was basically clear, there were still a few areas with some ice, mainly along the edge and between the lanes, and I just didn't want to risk it.

By the way, the Salmon Norma, a daily special, was excellent; if you like salmon and it's available the next time you visit Sugo, give it a try. And by the way, Vince, they did have toothfish last night.....