This years GUMBALL 3000 in Canada! | FerrariChat

This years GUMBALL 3000 in Canada!

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Picture Perfect, Jan 13, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Picture Perfect

Picture Perfect Karting

Oct 29, 2006
    Barrie, Ontario, Can
    Full Name:
    Charles Quesnel
    Anybody interested in joining the Rally this year as its coming through Montreal and Toronto in May then ending in New York. Should be over 100 cars and Celebrates running the Rally. I did it last year and i must say this guys know how to have fun:)

2. PureEuroM3

PureEuroM3 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 31, 2006
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    I will be catching a glimpse of it for sure when it hits Toronto. What is the schedule like?

3. JamesSimpson

JamesSimpson F1 Rookie

Jun 29, 2005
    Toronto,CANADA
    Full Name:
    James Simpson
    don't forget to mention that opening slots are $44,000 u.s!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thats just nuts!

4. LambogatiINC

LambogatiINC Formula 3

Aug 14, 2004
    Toronto/Chicago
    Full Name:
    Sal
    Is that for the entire rally? Hotel, food, etc etc

I noticed some people just join for certain legs of the race, just drive with the cars, then drop out once they left their area

5. kaz550

kaz550 Formula 3

Jun 21, 2005
    Richmond Hill
    Full Name:
    Zak
    id definitely be interested for some leg of it ...

James ... are you back?

6. Picture Perfect

Picture Perfect Karting

Oct 29, 2006
    Barrie, Ontario, Can
    Full Name:
    Charles Quesnel
    The price they are charging is bull****. Last year I knew a few people running the full Rally so when I joined in around the half-way point I just joined inn and nobody really cared as there is 100 plus cars running and nobody is there to tell you differently. Most guys you end up chit chatting with and becoming friends with at most of the check points and they usually invite you along and next thing you know your partying with the best of them as the guys are all really friendly and love meeting new people.
    Last year I just had my buddy’s rip off their bands and gave them to me and my guest and we were fully in the rally for free. The rally loves the media along with spectators and if you have a nice car you can more less consider yourself in the rally! Just book other hotels or even stay within the same hotels as there really is nothing going on within the dates they decided to show up. I can get full map and details as to where everybody will be staying etc!

So hopefully a few of you guys are up for it. We got an SLR and a 360 coming already so I’m sure there should be a few of us!

7. ProRallyCodriver

ProRallyCodriver Formula 3

Oct 25, 2005
    Alexandria, VA
    Full Name:
    Dave Shindle
    Whats the point?

8. VorteC

VorteC Formula Junior

Aug 16, 2009
    Toronto, ON
    Full Name:
    Elan
    the cars, lots of them, the luxury, the glamour, the people, the spirit, the parties... the list goes on :)

9. kaz550

kaz550 Formula 3

Jun 21, 2005
    Richmond Hill
    Full Name:
    Zak
    Hey Charles
    mark me down as well :p

10. Carrera_gtcrazy

Carrera_gtcrazy F1 Veteran

Oct 24, 2004
    Munich, Germany
    Full Name:
    Stephan Bauer
    I might have someone from Montreal doing it with me

11. ProRallyCodriver

Oct 25, 2005
    Alexandria, VA
    Full Name:
    Dave Shindle
    I see cars everyday, lots of them, uber rich people, posers, wanna-bes who want to be seen, and can get drunk at home.

I still don't get it. Probably neither did this innocent couple.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2007_Gumball_3000_accident

12. VorteC

VorteC Formula Junior

Aug 16, 2009
    Toronto, ON
    Full Name:
    Elan
    Tragedy, yes. But there are stupid people everywhere. People are killed everyday because of people committing reckless endangerment. It could've happened to anyone, anywhere... you can't discredit the entire event because of one rotten apple. I was completely disgusted when I heard the news in '07, and felt the organizers did the right thing by calling off the rally.

13. duf58

duf58 Rookie

Jan 7, 2009
    Quebec, Canada
    If I'm not mistaken, the rally is doing boston, Quebec city, toronto, NY --> so they'll pass by montreal but at 200 km :) and not stopping probably. They are sleeping here in quebec city they confirmed it to me.

Gonna be insane ! Veyron, Koenigsegg craze car

See ya

14. b-mak

b-mak F1 Veteran

Don't worry about ProRallyCodriver, he's just that--a rally co-driver, which means he's someone's monkey, willing to ride right-seat with anyone who's paying his way.

He's not a real driver with any individual competitive accomplishments, mind you, so his opinion is rather irrelevant.

15. a-stone

a-stone Rookie

Jan 13, 2010
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Andrew T
    I hope to be joining along as well...have they set an official start date for the rally?

16. italianspirit

italianspirit Formula Junior

Jun 26, 2006
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Adam
    Does anybody have any deatils on where the cars will be when they reach Toronto. I better hope it is the Hazelton Hotel.

17. VorteC

VorteC Formula Junior

Aug 16, 2009
    Toronto, ON
    Full Name:
    Elan
    I believe they are stopping at Montreal on May 5th

Don't know where yet but it will be on May 6th, ending off in NYC on the 7th.

18. Picture Perfect

Picture Perfect Karting

Oct 29, 2006
    Barrie, Ontario, Can
    Full Name:
    Charles Quesnel
    I will try and get full detail soon to share with everyone! looks like we will have a few people coming along!

19. ProRallyCodriver

Oct 25, 2005
    Alexandria, VA
    Full Name:
    Dave Shindle
    And you've won what? And you've built what cars? b-mak goes where the donuts are to race in feeder to feeder to feeder series in kid's cars where he can win to feed his ego.

20. kaz550

kaz550 Formula 3

Jun 21, 2005
    Richmond Hill
    Full Name:
    Zak
    now thats mature...
    life not going so well for you right now?

21. wrs46

wrs46 Formula 3

May 19, 2005
    QC, CANADA (&CH, &F)
    Full Name:
    Walter
    Pretty arrogant reply to someone who was merely giving his opinion, in my opinion....:(
    Hope your driving skills are better than your social skills, Mr. b-mak!

22. ProRallyCodriver

Oct 25, 2005
    Alexandria, VA
    Full Name:
    Dave Shindle
    My problem w/ Gumball is that they call it a 'rally', which by the loose defintion it is.

The sport I partake in is also called 'rally' and recently, especially in Ontario where strict streetracing laws were enacted, has been in jeapordy even though our racing is on closed and marshalled (often including by OPP) roads.

While Gumball may have some benefitial aspects by fundraising for charities which it claims to do, its not an excuse for hooliganism on public roads. The potential for disaster is there and its history proves it. Novice drivers in high horsepower machines and hangovers in any competitive event is IMO not a good idea. The negative media if such an accident happens again but here and kneejerk legislation putting the sport of rallying at risk is where I have a problem.

23. ClassicFerrari

ClassicFerrari F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 7, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Vasco
    LOLZ!!!!!!!1!!!111 Thanks for the laugh guys. God knows I needed.

In all seriousness the rally coming to down is exciting. But hopefully no fatalities this time. We've been teased by this rally before (do a search here) so i'll believe it when I see it!

24. b-mak

b-mak F1 Veteran

You've missed the history of ProRallyCodriver here on FerrariChat. He's evidently a delightful individual, spending his days contributing to automotive forums, all on his employer's time, of course. His employer is one Roger Penske and, clearly, forum trolling is encouraged in that organization.

25. ProRallyCodriver

Oct 25, 2005
    Alexandria, VA
    Full Name:
    Dave Shindle
    #25 ProRallyCodriver, Jan 14, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2010
    So what has bmak contributed?

He's jealous which is why he says what he say about me. Sorry, Roger still says no seat for you.

Life is great.