Hello All | FerrariChat

Hello All

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Brian420, Jan 14, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Brian420

Brian420 Formula Junior

Oct 27, 2009
    Suburb of Detroit
    Full Name:
    Brian
    Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Brian. I got my 86 Mondial Cabriolet in last September. I've made a few posts, made a few friends, and asked a few questions. I got my Mondal for a good price, knowing it needed work, and I'm getting as much done during the winter as we can do. I've already entered it to the registry. I'll take good pics and post in the showroom section in the spring. I was going to wait to subscribe unil the spring also, but as they say, why put off until tomorrow what you can do today. I'm in my early 40's and I've been known to set goals and accomplish them. When I was in high school in the 80's, I admired fast cars like everyone at that age. I also admired Ferraris like everyone else. I remember seeing a magazine like the DuPont Regestry that had an article on the top fast cars of the day. I remember it had a Biturbo, a Lagonda, and many other fast foreign cars of the day. The Ferrari they focused on was the Mondial. I remember being in awe of it because it was a four seater and seemed so much more practical than many of the other cars listed as far as the sports cars were concerned, and people were skeptical of turbos. I own a Jaguar that I got at a fantasticly cheap price, but I always wanted a convertible. Last summer I saw a nice XK8 convertible, and I started researching it to see if it was a good deal. As it turned out, those cars are a dime a dozen and within a 50 mile radius of me, there were about 90 for sale of varying conditions and prices. I opened up my search and was just messing around with the exotics, and I found this nice black Mondial, and my jaw dropped. It was also only a bit more than the Jag, and since I had been saving, the gap wasn't too bad to make up. So I made another dream come true, this time from my youth. I don't consider myself a collector and I'll probably hang on to this car for a long time. It's kind of strange to have 2 cars in my garage that new were worth around $185k total and I paid about $28k for both (I got a 97 XJ6 for $5000 in great condition and not needing much of anything).

So it's nice to meet everyone and I hope to meet in person anyone I meet through this site. I'm now hooked on this site and I enjoy visiting it almost every day.

Brian
    Waterford, MI

2. Eric360

Eric360 Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 11, 2010
    San Francisco, CA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Sounds like you fulfilled a longtime goal. Congrats and enjoy the Mondial.

3. NeuroBeaker

NeuroBeaker Advising Moderator

Oct 1, 2008
    Huntsville, AL., USA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Hello Brian,

Congratulations - it's great to see when people finally fulfil their childhood dreams and life-long goals. :D

Enjoy your Ferraril!! :cool:

All the best,
    Andrew.

4. agup48

agup48 Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 15, 2006
    Phoenix
    Full Name:
    AG
    Welcome to F-chat Brian!

Congrats on the Ferrari :) Drive safe and enjoy! :)

5. Jedi

Jedi Moderator
    Moderator Lifetime Rossa Owner

Mar 18, 2008
    Seattle Area
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Welcome to F-Chat Brian - congrats on the new car!!!

Got any pictures to post?? :) We LOVE pictures :)

Jedi

6. Brian420

Brian420 Formula Junior

Oct 27, 2009
    Suburb of Detroit
    Full Name:
    Brian
    #6 Brian420, Jan 17, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Thank you all so much. It's nice to meet everyone. I posted a few pics I saved from the purchase in the registry thread, but I'll throw them in here too. I'll post more in all the proper places in the spring when new pics can be taken. For now it's metallic black with a smoke grey interior. The interior needs work. The only other pictures I have now are of the engine out of the car being worked on. By the way, I have no idea what kind of wheels these are and I'm kind of curious. I know they're 3 piece modular and 17", but that's it.

Best regards
    Brian
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

7. mseals

mseals Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 9, 2007
    Kuwait
    Full Name:
    Mike Seals
    I love that gray interior....

Very, very nice, Brian...!

Welcome!

Mike

8. mwr4440

mwr4440 Five Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 8, 2007
    Bavaria, The 'Other' Germany
    Full Name:
    Mark W.R.

+1000000000

I think that is one of the finest color combos in the world. Almost bought a vette many years back with that (almost) EXACT color combo. It was more silver than gray.

9. Scuderia Scappaticci

Scuderia Scappaticci Formula Junior

Sep 21, 2006
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    NS
    Welcome. Keep an eye on the Michigan section. We will be having a drive in April.