Dear Cape Cod... a 308 is NOT a workbench. | FerrariChat

Dear Cape Cod... a 308 is NOT a workbench.

Discussion in 'New England' started by Tad Cody, Jan 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Tad Cody

Tad Cody Formula 3

Sep 9, 2006
    Over here!
    Full Name:
    Take a guess...
    #1 Tad Cody, Jan 15, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    It is with great sadness that I bring you these pictures... posted in another forum I frequent by someone installing Hella Supertones (horns) in another car (the red things).

The Ferrari in the pictures apparently has 8k miles on it, is evidently somewhere in Cape Cod, and the pictures current to yesterday.

I'm sad to see any car used as a crapholder, but a Ferrari? Really?

Open letter to the owner:

How about I fly out to your coast, build you a much more functional (and level!) workbench, and get that evidently unwanted and unneeded machine out of your way?

Please... if you are, or know this person... help get this car to someone who will CARE for it!!!

Thanks,

Your West Coast brother,

-Tad
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. vunico

vunico Formula Junior

Feb 20, 2007
    southern florida
    those items merely secure the car cover from blowing away...
    yankee ingenuity

3. DenisB

DenisB Formula Junior

Jul 21, 2007
    Cape Cod Ma.
    Full Name:
    Denis B.
    What forum is it you saw this?? get a lil info and I'll try to track it down. So far I know of at least a half dozen 308s on Cape Cod now

4. AbsolutFerrari

AbsolutFerrari Formula Junior

Jul 23, 2009
    Rocky Hill
    Full Name:
    Rick S
    wow...very sad.

5. karc

karc Formula Junior

Nov 19, 2003
    It's only a 308, not that sad.

6. rcraig

rcraig F1 Rookie

Dec 7, 2005
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Bob Craig
    You know what, I don't know you and hope that was a joke, otherwise that was one of the more dickheaded things I have heard on here and that says alot.

7. karc

karc Formula Junior

Nov 19, 2003
    Offended someone else isn't a big fan of 308s? This is the internet, I am entitled to my opinion. I don't really appreciate the name calling though, in fact I'd say it was a bit dickheaded.

How is this really that sad? First off it's not like the car is being destroyed. Over 12,000 308s were produced so even if one were to be destroyed, again not very sad. Also I'm pretty sure the items on top of the car are worth more than the car itself, hell there's one on cars.com right now for $20k http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail.jsp?listingId=33408260

8. Speedracer38

Speedracer38 F1 Veteran

Oct 11, 2004
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Jason Thorgalsen
    Yes it is a Ferrari but at the end of the day it is just a car. Whatever the owner decides to do with it is his choice. All the stuff is sitting on top of the car so it isn't inflicting any sort of damage to the car. I saw the owner of a F40 use the wing of his car to put his cup of coffee on while standing around talking with people.

9. DrStranglove

DrStranglove FChat Assassin
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Google Maps
    Full Name:
    DrS
    #9 DrStranglove, Jan 15, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    So are we, here:

10. karc

karc Formula Junior

Nov 19, 2003
    Nice job playing the n00b card on someone that joined the site the same time you did. Try again please, I'd love to see what other images you have saved from ten years ago.

11. Davesvt2000

Davesvt2000 Formula 3

May 3, 2005
    Central Mass.
    Full Name:
    Dave G.
    LOL

12. DrStranglove

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Google Maps
    Full Name:
    DrS
    You get it for acting like a 10 year old, so yea, a n00b.... Why be on a Ferrari forum if you hate Ferrari's

13. karc

karc Formula Junior

Nov 19, 2003
    The only childish thing in this thread is that photo you posted so please show me where I was childish.

Good logic you used for this one

karc makes comments I don't like about a 308
    A 308 is a Ferrari
    karc must hate all Ferraris!

I don't hate Ferraris, there are a few that just shouldn't have been made.

14. JoeZaff

JoeZaff F1 Veteran
    Owner

Aug 5, 2007
    Philly suburbs
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Karc,
    Whether you intended to or not, your post came off condescending--as if you were looking down on a 308. Now if it was not your intention---Now would be the time to insert the apology. If that was your intention, and you have been on the board since 2003, still wanting a Ferrari, and yet having not acquired one of any kind, I think you are puffing your chest from a terribly low perch.

15. anunakki

anunakki Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 8, 2005
    Las Vegas Nevada
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    I didnt see anything wrong with Karcs comment. It was funny. Lets get over ourselves...

and he is far from a noob or a troll.

16. JoeZaff

JoeZaff F1 Veteran
    Owner

Aug 5, 2007
    Philly suburbs
    Full Name:
    Joe
    With all due respect, whether you found the comment offensive is really of no moment. Obviously, others did, which means the initial comment was ambiguous at best. In such an instance, a clarification would probably be appropriate to prevent people from perceiving him as a condescending a$$.

In my personal opinion, his follow up comments only reinforced my suspicions regarding his original post. Will I lose sleep over it, probably not, but I don't think he will be invited to the next 308 owners meeting :)

17. karc

karc Formula Junior

Nov 19, 2003
    My original intent was to say it's not the end of the world. When I got the ridiculous comment from rcraig I couldn't help but make an over-exaggerated comment in return. Having said that, I'm not a huge fan of 308s or Mondials. Aside from the lack of power, hideous bumpers, and the strange smell they've all seemed to aquire one problem with these cars can be the owners as you may have accidentally proven below.

Pot calling the kettle black? This is a much more condescending statement than what I had made, especially since it's a direct attack. For all you know I could be twelve years old. As that is obviously not the case, I will say that I would someday like to own a Ferrari that would bring me actual enjoyment. A 512TR/550/360 are currently the cheapest Ferrari's I'd be interested in. However these are all still out of my price range. I certainly wouldn't buy a 308 or a Mondial just so I could say I was a Ferrari owner. I want a car because of the fun factor, not a silly horse badge.

Thanks, it's good to know some people on here aren't as uptight!

I don't think I could attend anyways. I don't have a Ferrari jacket, hat, or shoes!

18. anunakki

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 8, 2005
    Las Vegas Nevada
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    With all due respect there are only two people in this thread who were out of line and thats Bob(rcaig) and J.R. for jumping down the guys throat for adding a little humor to this thread.

Karc was using sarcasm to make his point, its just a car. And if Rcaig had become all sanctimonious on me I would have also responded like Karc did.

Lets all grow up eh ?

19. agup48

agup48 Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 15, 2006
    Phoenix
    Full Name:
    AG
    ROTFLMAO :D

Relax guys, he has his opinions and is correct. Lots of uptight people here.

20. MR Joshua

MR Joshua Rookie

Nov 4, 2006
    Spencer, Ma
    Full Name:
    Joshua M.
    Must have been sarcasm, as I'm currently wearing a smile from reading all this entertaining banter. :)

21. JoeZaff

JoeZaff F1 Veteran
    Owner

Aug 5, 2007
    Philly suburbs
    Full Name:
    Joe
    #21 JoeZaff, Jan 15, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2010
    Sorry guys. I am going to have to continue to disagree with you on this one. Anunakki, I recall you and I commiserating in another thread that it was in bad taste for forum members to insult other people's cars. However, in that context the discussion was focused on Corvettes I believe. I just don't see the distinction between what he has done here and what others repeatedly do on this forum in reference to American sports cars like the Viper and Corvette.
    Furthermore, I seriously doubt he would be so obnoxious if he wasn't on an internet forum. For example, in another thread he stated that he had driven a Mondial and a 308, I believe. Since he doesn't own or claims to have owned either, I can only imagine somebody allowed him to drive theirs. I sincerely doubt that when he asked for the keys, or after he completed his drive, he told the owners their cars were essentially crap.

The level of his childishness is further amplified by his referencing the Mondial---a complete non sequitur apparently aimed squarely at me---as if insulting my car would bruise my ego or bolster his argument. Its just silly.

22. DrStranglove

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Google Maps
    Full Name:
    DrS
    He's correct that 308s suck? :p

23. anunakki

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 8, 2005
    Las Vegas Nevada
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    The difference , IMHO, is that Karc was clearly making a joke and it was not full of malice or elitism.

I just think everyone needs to lighten up a little around here.

24. JoeZaff

JoeZaff F1 Veteran
    Owner

Aug 5, 2007
    Philly suburbs
    Full Name:
    Joe
    I am not so sure he was making a joke...based on his subsequent comments. Nonetheless, as you appear to know him much better than I do and are vouching for him, I'll take your word for it. I think we have all probably spent enough time on this subject.

25. UConn Husky

UConn Husky F1 Rookie

Nov 11, 2006
    CT
    Full Name:
    Jay
    whoa what happened here? New England is usually a happy section of car enthusiasts, this is the stuff is more typical of general discussion.

Anyway just to weigh in on the 308 pic...no, most Tifosi wouldn't do that to ANY Ferrari. But stuff happens, maybe it's winter, it's covered midst of cleaning the garage, yada yada yada...at least the car is covered. Heck I'm guilty of placing a few items on the roof of my covered 355 in the winter...but apparently I better not post a pic here! :D