new or used headlights | FerrariChat

new or used headlights

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by hcpyun, Jan 15, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. hcpyun

hcpyun Rookie

May 26, 2008
    Hi everyone. I'm somewhat new to the site and I'm hoping that I will get a lot of help for my car from the site.

I have a 04' 575 and I was wondering where I would be able to find new or used (like-new) headlights for my car at reasonable prices? Is Ricambi the only place that I would be able to find headlights?

Your input is much appreciated. Thanx.

2. ferraridriver

ferraridriver F1 Rookie

Aug 8, 2002
    Bay Area Calif.
    Full Name:
    Dave
    eBay has some

3. 308 GTB

308 GTB F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 7, 2002
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Barry Wolinsky
    Welcome to FerrariChat, hcpyun. What's wrong with the headlight assemblies on your 575M now?

4. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    hcpyun- I echo Barry and Dave's welcome to a fellow Maranello owner. I see no 575M headlights on E-Bay right now, but Dave is correct, because there are usually one or two available there. Just bad timing and they usually cost ~$750 per side.

Depending on what the problem is, Ricambi does sell the gaskets for the 575M headlights separately, and they were originally fitted with thin, two-sided tape, which needs to be regularly renewed. It is possible to evacuate any moisture in the assemblies by removing the bulbs and applying vacuum. We have also had owners who have had success separating the lense from the headlights very carefully and then resealing the lense after whatever was required to fix the assembly.

If you want a used replacement, give Josh a call at Specialized Italian Recycling at 877-441-3466 and see if he has them. I have purchased several parts with Josh as point man and have been really well treated on each occasion.

Taz
    Terry Phillips

5. hcpyun

hcpyun Rookie

May 26, 2008
    thanks for your replies. Unfortunately, the driver's side headlight has a noticeable scratch on the outside plastic (??) (this is the best I can describe it) which cannot be repaired. I wanted to replace the headlight but due to the age of the car it looks like I may have to replace both pairs so that both lights will look new and match each other. But with the price of the lights being what it is I am seriously contemplating whether I should just live with the scratch.

6. hcpyun

hcpyun Rookie

May 26, 2008
  7. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    #7 tazandjan, Jan 16, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Mike- Sounds great. Send us the Serial Number and Assembly No. for your car and we will add you to our FChat database. I assume it is an F1 and the 575 script would indicate a late 2003-2005 car, unless it was added later. Also attached is list of the changes Ferrari made during production, so you know how your car is outfitted.

Have you asked someone who really knows what they are doing if the scratch can be polished out?

Taz
    Terry Phillips
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

8. tajaro

tajaro Formula Junior

Mar 22, 2009
    Gulfport Florida
    Full Name:
    Erik V
    I'm with Taz on that point- I've seen unbelievale success repairing major scratches and hazing- basically it can be sanded with 1000 grit and finished with 1500 and clear coated and you'll not be able to tell the difference. For $1500 minimum for other used lights it might be worth a try to even buy some time.

My two cents. Welcome and fantastic car you have.

Erik

9. wbklink

wbklink F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 2, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Bill Karp
    Hi, when your done with what ever you do, or when the problem is fixed, cover them with 3m clear coat that's what I have on mine and it works great.
    welcome to fchat,
    Bill

10. 308 GTB

308 GTB F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 7, 2002
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Barry Wolinsky
    #10 308 GTB, Jan 17, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Mike,

Right. They can be repaired. Let the pros handle it. Here's my 550 before and after Classic Coach took care of some cosmetic issues.

Barry

11. hcpyun

hcpyun Rookie

May 26, 2008
    Thanx for your replies.

Taz - I will try to get you the serial and assembly number for the car when I can.

I have talked to professionals about the headlights and they all say that the scratch is much too deep (and so the only way to fix it is buy new headlights). Anyhoo, I'll keep an eye out for headlights on ebay.

Gracias.

Mike