Mondial T For Sale -- Looking for Info | FerrariChat

Mondial T For Sale -- Looking for Info

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by JMP, Jan 16, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. JMP

JMP Rookie

Jun 4, 2006
    South Florida
    Full Name:
    JP
    Can anyone familiar with this Mondial T from the Birmingham area: VIN# ZFFFK33A5L0087930? Thanks!

2. RoPo54

RoPo54 Karting

Dec 18, 2009
    Miami, Florida
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Is this the one for sale by Bham Brokers? If so, I had almost completed a deal for it. It had previously been owned by Goldie Hawn and Kurt Russell. I had an inspection done on it and can share the information with you. If you'd like call me at 305-776-4246 or just post another note and I'll give you all of the details. Rob

3. teegeefla

teegeefla Formula Junior

Apr 26, 2004
    Tampa, Florida
    Full Name:
    Tom Gee
    #3 teegeefla, Jan 16, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2010
    I tried several times to get a look at this car when I was in Birmingham on business trips and it never worked out. The car was not on site at Bham Brokers but at the owner's home which I was led to believe was too far from Birmingham to allow a viewing. At the office I was shown a few receipts for some electric repairs that had been recently completed, but I never saw anything pertinent on the major service front and further inquiries led to some non-specific answers. After several subsequent e-mails and phone calls went unanswered I gave up on it; it seemed there was no real interest on the part of the seller/broker despite the fact I was a cash buyer and the quoted price was agreeable. It seemed that when I mentioned a PPI that things cooled on their end. As for the Goldie Hawn connection...a Google search for "Goldie Hawn Mondial" turned up a Mondial with a different VIN than the one being offered in Birmingham. I am not saying who is right...just caveat emptor (buyer beware). I would be curious about RoPo54's take on things.

4. RoPo54

RoPo54 Karting

Dec 18, 2009
    Miami, Florida
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Not sure why you'd be curious about my take (should I be offended?) but I did do a ppi on the car. Nothing too major was found. Also, my brother in law did look at the car and told me the paint was not in the best of shape and the trunk lid needed a repaint. My sister in law knew of the gentleman selling the car - he's a collector, had about 20 others, and had owned the car for about a year. Not sure why he was getting rid of it. Now, what killed the deal for me . . . the broker on the car admitted to me that he had errantly put a small dent in the car's door and was going to have the door repainted. When everything was said and done, I just got cold feet with there being only service records for the last year, the auction house being the only representer that there was a recent major service having been done, the paint not being what it appeared to be and then with the door going to be repainted. Not sure how you determined it to be different than the Goldie Hawn's but the selling broker or seller had represented that to be the case and I was given an auction sheet on the car as part of the paperwork. BTW, I found the broker to be extremely courteous, honest, and very available on the phone. Not sure why your experience was otherwise.
    Rob

5. RoPo54

RoPo54 Karting

Dec 18, 2009
    Miami, Florida
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Just did some more internet research.
    The serial no. for the Bham broker car on their site is "xxxxxxx87930".
    Goldie Hawn's per Keith Martin is "xxxxxxx87939" .
    I would suspect that either it's pure coincidence that the cars followed each other in production sequence (and have the same aftermarket wheels) or, more likely, someone has made a typo.
    But you are correct, they are different serial numbers.
    Rob

6. teegeefla

teegeefla Formula Junior

Apr 26, 2004
    Tampa, Florida
    Full Name:
    Tom Gee
    Rob-

no offense meant at all...I just was curious if your experience was the same as mine. When I was in the broker's garage he was fine to deal with as I looked at several of the cars that were actually on site, we talked about the Mondial, I saw some paperwork on the car, etc. It is just that my subsequent efforts to move forward were met with...crickets (silence).

Chalk it up to experience, no harm no foul and I moved on, checked out another half dozen Mondials before finally buying mine. I am happy with how things turned out.

7. RoPo54

RoPo54 Karting

Dec 18, 2009
    Miami, Florida
    Full Name:
    Rob

I ended up with an 89 Mondial t which was sold to me by Flemings Garage. One owner, 15.5K miles, records from day one, and very recent 13K major engine out + service by Ferrari dealer. I'm quite contented that I ended up with this t, rather than the one in Bham, but, as I mentioned, my experience with Craig at BhamBrokers was quite honorable. Glad things worked for you as well. Regards, Rob

8. teegeefla

teegeefla Formula Junior

Apr 26, 2004
    Tampa, Florida
    Full Name:
    Tom Gee
    Rob-

quite ironic...I was in the DC area looking at cars, had made an appointment to go to Fleming's and when I got there the car had a big "sold" tag on it. It had just been bought the day before my visit. Very nice car you got there.

9. RoPo54

RoPo54 Karting

Dec 18, 2009
    Miami, Florida
    Full Name:
    Rob
    TG,
    You're probably the reason I overpaid, lol! They told me if I wanted the car I should make a quick decision as there was an out of town buyer coming to see the car that day (or perhaps it was the next day).
    I am in Miami.
    Rob

10. bhambroker

bhambroker Rookie

Mar 27, 2010
    Hi Guys. I just found this thread and wanted to say hello to you both.

This Goldie Hawn thing is driving me nuts. I am starting to believe for sure that this was her car and this is why.........xxxxxxx87930 is our vin and it is real. xxxxxxx87939 is not a real vin number.....I have tried to pull autochecks and carfaxes on that number and it does not exist. That leads me to believe that it was a typo on behalf of Russo and Steele.

Second, it you read http://www.remarkablecars.com/for-sale/showproduct.php/product/18021/cat/3647 it talks about how it was sold in CA with 13,478 miles in 1993 in Monteray. There is a autocheck record of it being in CA in 1993 with 13,579 miles on it.

Third, her name is in the service book.

I don't know why I care (it is not like it adds any value). I just think it is interesting.

Rob.....I am happy you found the right car and hope you are enjoying it! TG......I appologize for my poor follow up with you (I, unfortunatley, let things slip through the cracks sometimes). Take care everyone!!

-craig

11. 4ARI

4ARI Formula Junior

Dec 15, 2005
    Northern, VA.
    Full Name:
    Ron S.
  12. RoPo54

RoPo54 Karting

Dec 18, 2009
    Miami, Florida
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Yes, Craig, I am very much enjoying the Mondial t that I bought. It was a one-owner car with complete service records from Ferrari in Washington DC from day one. It now has 17K+ miles. I enjoy the convertible top, here in Miami, and the flexibility that the mondial t affords.
    Again, thanks for your candor during our talks.
    Good luck with your client's car.
    Regards,
    Rob