Porsche announces factory drivers 2010 | FerrariChat

Porsche announces factory drivers 2010

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by jknight, Jan 19, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jknight

jknight F1 Veteran

Oct 30, 2004
    Central Texas
    Porsche today announced the official list of official 2010 drivers. They will be eight: Jorg Bergmeister, Timo Bernhard, Romain Dumas, Wolf Henzler, Marc Lieb Richard Lietz, Patrick Long and Patrick Pilet. Disappear so drivers under contract Porsche Emmanuel Collard and Sascha Maassen, then there is no new comer. The French presence is still very marked with two men, Romain Dumas and Patrick Pilet. (En Français)

Richard Lietz and Marc Lieb in 2010 still defend the colors of Felbermayr-Proton for which they won the GT2 title in 2009 in Le Mans Series. Patrick Pilet will run also in Le Mans Series with in 2009 as the IMSA Performance team MATMUT. The year started well for Patrick, with victory in the 24 Hours of Dubai. Jörg Bergmeister and Patrick Long will attempt to retain their title in ALMS GT2 in 2009, always with the Flying Lizard Motorsports.

Wolf Henzler, And this new information, will contest the 2009 ALMS season with the Falken Tire team. It will be the teammate of Bryan Sellers. Timo Bernhard and Romain Dumas will work for, among other things, to win back the 24 Hours of Nürburgring. The statement Porsche said further that Timo and Romain are already involved in the development and testing.

Hartmut Kristen: "I am proud to have eight drivers in our world class team of drivers for the 2010 season. We all know them very well and teams nots customers can totally rely on their driving skills. For the development and optimization of our race cars, these drivers also play an important role and benefit our teams around the world. "

Much of these drivers will be in ten days at Daytona for the 24 Hours of Daytona. Jörg Bergmeister and Patrick Long, winners in GT in 2009 driving a Porsche TRG, will pilot the Porsche Lizards / TRG 911 GT3 Cup # 67, Timo Bernhard and Romain Dumas will be involved on the TRG Porsche No. 71, Wolf Henzler will drive TRG Porsche # 66 and Richard Lietz Porsche No. 44 Magnus Racing.

According to the communique Porsche

2. PCA Hack

PCA Hack Formula Junior

May 9, 2008
    Rancho Santa Fe, CA
    I'm going to be interested to see how the Falken bricks, errrr...tires perform at the Sebring winter tests next month with Henzler behind the wheel. Porsche wouldn't place a factory driver in a slug so perhaps Falken developed some decent rubber.

3. jknight

jknight F1 Veteran

Oct 30, 2004
    Central Texas
    Same thought I had about Henzler - let's hope you are right!!

Carol

4. TG

TG F1 Veteran

Oct 26, 2004
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Taylor
    A friend of mine flew over to Porsche in Germany for testing, I want to say on the 19th. Would this mean he's a candidate for the 2011 season?