Fiat Dino spider on ebay | FerrariChat

Fiat Dino spider on ebay

Discussion in 'Other Italian' started by TheMayor, Jan 25, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
  2. Futureman

Futureman Formula 3

May 16, 2007
    If I had $50K, I'd buy that car in a second....and then hardly ever drive it. Parts are unobtainium, and I think it's value will sky rocket one of these days. It looks too similar to the Ferrari 250 GT California to not become more desirable. Of course, I could be totally wrong, but I'd still buy it anyway. :)

3. rdefabri

rdefabri Three Time F1 World Champ

Jun 4, 2008
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Rich
    This car has been offered for sale before over the past year or so. It's really well done, but I disagree with the price being fair - he wants WAY too much.

Remember, it's worth only what someone will pay - it's been $50K for as long as I've seen the car, and it's obviously not selling. While it has the same FIAT manufactured, Ferrari designed engine from the Dino 206 / 246, it's still a FIAT to most people.

Maybe a collector would take a chance, but I think this is low hanging fruit. Personally, this is one of my favorite cars - the shape is beautiful and the engine is a jewel. But considering the maintenance cost, it's a pass for me even at $30K. At $20-25K, I'd be considering a 308 instead - more upside and a just as beautiful.

This is a tough sell IMHO. The fact that it keeps going up for sale proves that (sort of). I wish the owner luck.

4. Radiopilot

Radiopilot Karting

Dec 10, 2009
    Savannah, GA
    Full Name:
    Nick R.
    #4 Radiopilot, Jan 27, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2010
    I don't think it will ever approach the Ferrari 250 GT ever in value because of the production runs I think it was over 1562 Fiat Dino cars made... see the link:

http://www.dinospider.com/productiondetails.html

I think it will steadily go up in value and some parts can be obtained through reproduction sources seen online... A true value is if you can find one that is totally original with good prominence/records.

The Ferrari 250 GT was only 45 units ever made, there are variants such as the GT 250 Cabriolet which approx 200 made and others... see:

http://www.ferrari-wiki.com/wiki/Ferrari_250

Nick

5. Futureman

Futureman Formula 3

May 16, 2007
    Seems like I remember those going for $70k or so back a couple of years ago. I know it won't hit the stratosphere like the 250 GT ($5 million?), but I was thinking $100K maybe a little more?

6. f308jack

f308jack F1 Rookie

Jun 7, 2007
    Cape Town, South Afr
    Full Name:
    Jack Verschuur
    Beautiful machines, but something tells me this one isn't the one. First, it's a 2-litre instead of a 2.4, and second, I think if you go through it you'll come up with a lot of stuff that isn't original to the car.
    50K is a lot of money, and there are quite a few interesting cars to choose from in that range. If you want something small and nimble, this is excellent open motoring with a good pedigree, stunning looks and a great engine. Hard to beat package.

7. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
    There was a 365GTC/4 on ebay for not much more than $50,000.00 not to long ago. And it has 12 cylinders(plus its a Ferrari, not a FIAT made by Ferrari).

8. DenisB

DenisB Formula Junior

Jul 21, 2007
    Cape Cod Ma.
    Full Name:
    Denis B.
    Looks really good topside. the interior is maybe a 7.5-8 with the scratched britework but, the underside looks they fell really short and cut way too many corners for a 50k car. At that price the car should be next to flawless jmho