Any Issues Jacking Up Air Suspension Range Rover? | FerrariChat

Any Issues Jacking Up Air Suspension Range Rover?

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by JoshVette, Jan 27, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. JoshVette

JoshVette Formula Junior

Aug 12, 2007
    Grand Prairie/Dallas
    Full Name:
    Josh
    Just like the title says I have to take off the wheels of an 06 Range Rover with the air suspension to clean the wheels and wells thoroughly and can't afford to screw up the suspension.

Is it okay to jack it up or will that ruin the air suspension? Should I raise it first then jack it, or lower it first before jacking?

Thanks,
    Josh

2. 412fan

412fan Karting

Aug 1, 2005
    Northern Plains
    Did you lose the manual or does it not address that issue?

3. JoshVette

JoshVette Formula Junior

Aug 12, 2007
    Grand Prairie/Dallas
    Full Name:
    Josh
    I couldn't find it. I'll look again, but figured someone on here might own one and had to change a tire once??

4. Ren65amg

Ren65amg Karting

Nov 25, 2005
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Reny
    dont range rovers come with road side assistance. If so just call them up

5. JoshVette

JoshVette Formula Junior

Aug 12, 2007
    Grand Prairie/Dallas
    Full Name:
    Josh
    I'm trying to thoroughly clean the inner rim drums as well as the wheel wells, brakes and misc suspension parts.... I need to jack it up and remove the wheel.

6. swilliams

swilliams Formula 3

Jun 14, 2006
    Bowling Green, KY
    Full Name:
    Scott
    If its out of warranty I wouldn't do it. If you happen to get an air suspension inactive light then its a trip to the dealer. If you have 60k miles plus then the air struts in the front are weak then they could decide to start leaking and each of the fronts are $1200 plus install (ask me how I know)

If you under warranty then hell with it do what you like.

7. blackforestauto

blackforestauto Karting

Jul 6, 2007
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Here's a link to Land Rover Owner's Manuals (and other documents) on line...

http://www.ownerinfo.landrover.com/extfree2viewlrprod/index.jsp

I did a quick search for jacking info for your 2006...they say to put transfer case in low range before jacking (though they don't say why); otherwise no special instructions.

Good luck!

8. JoshVette

JoshVette Formula Junior

Aug 12, 2007
    Grand Prairie/Dallas
    Full Name:
    Josh
    thanks guys, I did transfer it to low range.

I got it jacked up no problem and lugs off but the rims won't come off so I'm betting they are fused to the center hub so I'm just not going to bother with them, I will get them as clean as I can the old fashioned way.

thanks again, Josh