Enjoying Her 1st Cruise - Belle leaves the UK | FerrariChat

Enjoying Her 1st Cruise - Belle leaves the UK

Discussion in '360/430' started by 'Da Wolf, Jan 25, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 'Da Wolf

'Da Wolf Formula Junior

Jun 25, 2009
    Sadly not California
    #1 'Da Wolf, Jan 25, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Hi guys,
    I thought that you’d like to share in my joyous news. My baby (Belle) has finally left the cold cold shores of the UK bound for warmer shores known as Australia.
    She left Blighty yesterday and is set for a 40 day cruise to Oz where I can pick her up and enjoy her in the Australian summer – cant wait.
    Here are a few pics of her being collected and loaded in the UK, additional pics of the pick up to follow.

BTW (shameless plug coming up) – The shipping agent I used is based in Australia and she has been totally brilliant throughout the whole process. From dealing with the Govt for import approval (total pain in the a$$) to getting Belle collected and dropped off (and all the tedious questions on the weekends in-between – sorry Deb).
    Having never imported anything into any country before my import virginity was handled with care and consideration by Deb who was great at sharing her ‘experience’ with me.
    Austorient do all kinds of imports into Australia from one off’s like me to full Charter Freighters for race vehicles and teams equipment for events all over Australia.
    If you are in the market for a decent logistics look no further:

Austorient Freight Services – Deborah Robinson
    Motorsport Logistics
    Melbourne Australia
    Mobile: 0400 378 043
    Office: 03 9330 0999
    Fax: 03 9330 0988
    www.austorient.com.au
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. rob_london_sydney

Oct 22, 2005
    London as of January
    Full Name:
    Rob M
    Nice one mate.

I sent a car over from the UK back in January 09, available in March for collection. I know what you will go through.

You may be in for a pleasant surprise when you get to pay your import duty. I ended up payinga fair bit less than budgeted for, as the valuer gave me quite a good (read cheap) valuation.

Having said that, registering the car in NSW was a costly exercise - I cant believe I had to pay stamp duty on a car I already owned.

Still, the feeling you get from driving your car here just blows away all the frustrating minor annoyances.

Best of luck,
    R

3. 'Da Wolf

'Da Wolf Formula Junior

Jun 25, 2009
    Sadly not California
    Thanks Rob, I've had the car 3yrs and yeah hit up a dealer for a more 'friendly' market relevant valuation, will present that too customs and hope for the best. Cant wait to get down to Oz to drive her !

4. rob_london_sydney

Oct 22, 2005
    London as of January
    Full Name:
    Rob M
    Just on that, I didnt get an opportunity to present any valuation to customs.

I just got a call from the transport people saying, "thats the number, pay the amount and we'll release the car to you."

You may be able to bring your own valuation, I dont know, simply because:
    1 It wasnt offered to me
    2 I was over the moon with the valuation I received.

Still, let us all know your experience, I'm sure it will be useful.

Rgds,
    R