Lost my brother tonight | FerrariChat

Lost my brother tonight

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region - USA (PA, DE, MD, DC, VA)' started by kvisser, Jan 28, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. kvisser

kvisser Formula 3

Dec 11, 2004
    Damascus, MD
    Full Name:
    Ken Visser
    I just found out that my brother was killed in an accident up in Long Island Wednesday evening. He was a very good man and a great big brother. I'm up at my parents in Pennsylvania now, going to Long Island tomorrow.

I had 2 hours in the car to reflect on our relationship and how much he helped me and looked after me thru various parts of my life. I could not have asked for a better big brother. I have so much to thank him for and I am so happy that in the past few years he had been able to get to know my kids.

I'm asking all of you to take some time tomorrow and call someone you love, someone that you owe a conversation and do it. Hug your wife, your kids, someone. Life is short, live it now with no regrets.

My brother had just sold his company and was finally at a point where he could think about taking just a bit of time to pursue things other then work. He deserved the opportunity to enjoy this world much longer then he got.

But then again, there are at least a billion people in front of the line who have never and will never have any opportunities to succeed at anything. We should never forget how good we really have it.

with sadness penetrating all facets of my being...

ken

2. phdev

phdev Formula Junior

Dec 26, 2006
    Nashville, TN
    Full Name:
    Ian Mason
    Hey mate I'm sorry for your loss of your brother. That's awesome you guys had a good productive relationship - nice to hear he was a brother you could really look up to and learn from.

The accident didn't happen during his previously stressful time when he owned the company... happened on a high in life, so I'd choose that time over the previous. :)

My dad is not going to be around much longer. I hope he goes in a crazy car event caused by him, and not hurting anyone else, instead of in a hospital bed feeling like an old man.

Again, I'm sorry for your loss.

Your bro seems to have led an awesome life and ended on a high note of accomplishment and solidified the fact that you could be proud of him. pretty awesome if u think about that part.

3. joba

joba Formula Junior

Jul 23, 2009
    NY
    Ken, I offer my sincere condolences to you and your family. Sorry for your loss.

4. HMS

HMS Formula 3

Dec 12, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Zack Sursio
    I'm very soory for your loss......may he RIP.

5. mseals

mseals Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 9, 2007
    Kuwait
    Full Name:
    Mike Seals
    Ken,

I'm so sorry to hear of this...my condolences to you and yours...

May your brother Rest in Peace...

Mike

6. WCH

WCH F1 Veteran
    Owner

Mar 16, 2003
    I can't begin to imagine your loss. I am so sorry.

7. michael bayer

michael bayer Formula 3

Aug 4, 2004
    Ken: There are no words adequate for these hours. What small comfort to be offered is that you have many friends whose lives you have touched who are in these hours holding you and your brother close in our thoughts and prayers. I did not know your brother, but I do know you and as your brother he had to be one very special and quite terrific guy. Few I know have touched as many lives as you Ken, so to likely him. As in the movie "It's a Wonderful Life" now you can reflect on how many ways he made a difference in the small things that became big, how he touched your life, and thus how he will live on through you, and through you, he will live on in your many, many friends. M

8. rcraig

rcraig F1 Rookie

Dec 7, 2005
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Bob Craig
    Ken, So sorry to hear of your loss. Bob

9. turbos7903

turbos7903 F1 Rookie

Mar 16, 2006
    delaware
    Full Name:
    jon walton
    #9 turbos7903, Jan 28, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2010
    Ken, sorry for your loss and I am touched that you chose to take this opportunity to help us remember to be thankful in your hour of grief. What a generous soul you have. I am sure your brother saw that in you and that made him pleased. If I might extend a hand to tell you that from what I know your brothers place now is peaceful and joyous. He looks upon his departure from our world with a level of sadness but not for himself but for those of us that are left behind. He see's what we cannot and what he see's is glorious beyond human comprehension. So while he is in transition helping his family deal with grief help him know that your OK and he will feel more comfortable in his transition to his glorious Future. Jon in Delaware

10. Kravchak

Kravchak Formula Junior

Oct 17, 2005
    Northeast
    Full Name:
    Ken
    Ken, Sorry to hear about your Big Brother... I am going to call both of mine... Just to say hi. thanks for the reminder... Ken K.

11. Monteman

Monteman Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 9, 2006
    Santa Barbara, CA
    Full Name:
    Monte
    Kevin, I'm very sorry to hear about the loss of your brother. May he rest in peace.

12. kvisser

kvisser Formula 3

Dec 11, 2004
    Damascus, MD
    Full Name:
    Ken Visser
    This is one of the few comforting things that I have heard in the past 12 hours. I urge everyone to make that phone call, reach out to that person, be a good human, tell someone that you love them, be real.

Thank you for all your words. I miss my brother dearly but will have to deal with the present decisions and processes. The true emotions will hit full speed in a couple of days.

ken

13. autowerks9

autowerks9 Formula 3
    BANNED Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2009
    North Wales, Pa.
    Full Name:
    David S.
    My condolences to you and your family..It is hard to loose someone so close to you and has left such an impact.

14. Mondog1

Mondog1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 27, 2006
    Philly burbs
    Full Name:
    Robert
    Sorry to hear about your loss.
    You can rest easy knowing that you had a great relationship up until the end.
    Be glad knowing that there was no bitterness or a strained relationship that will haunt you forever.

15. Arjun

Arjun Formula Junior

Feb 26, 2006
    Ken, I'm very sorry for your loss......may he RIP.

16. FerrariMC

FerrariMC Formula Junior

Mar 2, 2006
    Allentown, PA Area
    Full Name:
    Mark C
    Ken,
    I know we don't know each other, but my condolences go out to you and your whole family. May God be with you and your family in this time of need and like many said earlier, he's in a better place now, believe that!! Remember his life by celebrating, not by grieving, though I can't imagine what you're going through. I'll be saying a prayer today for you and your family.

Mark

17. MBFerrari

MBFerrari F1 Veteran

Jul 2, 2008
    NoVA
    Full Name:
    Matt B
    #17 MBFerrari, Jan 28, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2010
    Ken,

I have but one sibling, a big brother...I cry with you now for your loss, and hope you carry the good memories you have with you always.

I am so sorry for your loss. It is making me reflect as I post.

My sincere condolences and may God Bless you and your family in your time of need.

Matt

18. walnut

walnut F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 14, 2006
    Maryland, USA
    Full Name:
    Rich
    You have my deepest sympathies as well.

Rich

19. 8339

8339 Karting

Oct 17, 2006
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Richard
    Ken, my heartfelt sympathy to you and your family. Like you I am fortunate to have a very close family, the best thing in my life. We may not be family but you have a lot of friends out here who care for you, having been through this in the past I know what you're going through, call me if you need help.

Richard

20. 355dreamer

355dreamer F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 3, 2006
    DC Metro
    Full Name:
    L.C.
    Ken,

I have two older brothers, both of whom are my best friends in the world. I can not imagine your loss, and wish you and your family strenght in these trying times.

21. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Ken,

So sorry for your loss.

going to call both sisters, right now, and invite them over for dinner tomorrow.

sometimes you lose site of that which should always be held near and dear to you.

Be glad that you and your brother were close. Your post touched me deeply.

Dave M.

22. mswiek

mswiek Formula Junior

Jan 5, 2004
    Ken,

First and foremost, most sincere condolences and heartfelt sympathy for you in your loss. The tragedy is in the loss you and your family are now feeling and in the unfilled dreams that your brother cannot have. The hope is that the life he shared with you and others gives all of you not only the cherished memories of a good man who loved life and those around him, but that his life will move people to appreciate and cherish the moments and and love the family and friends around them now. I can fully understand your time or reflection during your drive. When my dad passed away a few years ago I was in Tokyo and had a 13-hour flight on which to reflect about our long and close relationship. A lot of sadness and emptiness, but curiously, no regrets, because we had been able to share so much over the years.

Again, warmest sympathies.

Mike

23. ROULEUR

ROULEUR Formula Junior

Dec 15, 2008
    Atlanta, Ga
    Full Name:
    Chris C
    Ken, I am so sorry for your loss. I lost my Dad a couple years ago and in the time before his death we had grown apart. I should have kept in touch with him better and things like this remind me every day of the fact that we can loose somone we love at any minute.

Please accept my condolences. RIP.

24. Alxlee

Alxlee F1 Rookie

Apr 8, 2002
    Wilmington, DE
    Full Name:
    Alex Lee
    Ken, I'm very sorry for your loss.

25. B-26

B-26 Formula Junior

Jan 9, 2009
    Glen Mills PA
    Full Name:
    Jay
    Really sorry, every day does in fact count. A prayer for you and your family.