Dropped Ferrari at Ferrari of NE. oops | FerrariChat

Dropped Ferrari at Ferrari of NE. oops

Discussion in 'New England' started by Bad Chariot, Jan 27, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Bad Chariot

Bad Chariot Formula Junior

Dec 6, 2003
    Reading, MA
    Full Name:
    Michael
  2. azonic225

azonic225 Karting

Mar 5, 2008
    MA
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    I feel bad for the owner of that car, and that has to be that worst day ever.

3. abarthracer

abarthracer Formula Junior

Dec 6, 2003
    Falmouth, Cape Cod
    Full Name:
    david S.
    Just saw this on Channel 5. Helicopter shot and everything!!! Looks like a 430, but not sure. Hopefully everyone's insurance is paid up!!! How embarrasing. This will be all over the internet within 24 hours.

4. azonic225

azonic225 Karting

Mar 5, 2008
    MA
    Full Name:
    Jeff
  5. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Make that "2.4 hours"! LOL!

Man, that would REALLY pizz me off if I had been the customer waiting on that car to arrive......

6. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Those ramps have "end Blocks' but then once on the ground you have to exit the car to remove them again...

Two steps best left IN the process, obviously!

7. silk32

silk32 Formula Junior

Jul 16, 2005
    ASS MASS N.Attleboro
    Full Name:
    matt
    so who's in line on a 430 spider on the CHEAP!?

8. Driven1413

Driven1413 Formula Junior

Aug 14, 2004
    South Shore, MA
    Full Name:
    Alex
    I could not imagine anyone at FoNE is that incompetent.

I am taking a guess here, but it was probably the Driver of the Delivery Truck.

Perhaps a F1 Trans car left in Neutral?

I feel bad for FoNE. They don't deserve to take heat for the mistakes of others.

9. Papa G

Papa G Formula 3

Dec 29, 2003
    +10000000

I'd defintely want to know who that trucking company is and put it on the list of who not to use. Accidents happen, but c'mon, check, check, check and then check that your load is secure.

10. darthnefas

darthnefas Formula Junior

Jun 21, 2007
    Taunton MA
    Full Name:
    Allen...
    #10 darthnefas, Jan 27, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    It was no one's fault.

I attached an image. As you can see in the picture, I circled the lower tray which seems to have broken on the truck.

Without the rear support of the vehicle it would've just slid back and I would bet the truck driver was in the car when it happened.

Thankfully it appears that no one was seriously hurt and insurance will handle the rest.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

11. Miura Jota

Miura Jota F1 Rookie

May 26, 2004
    Toluca , Mexico
    Full Name:
    Martin
    We need pics of how the car looks after ....

12. Prova85

Prova85 Formula 3

Nov 13, 2003
    So. Shore MA.
    Full Name:
    Kenny K
    This thread reminded me of this fchat thread from a few years ago.

And this is not the first time a 430 wound up on its ass getting off a transporter.

13. Driven1413

Driven1413 Formula Junior

Aug 14, 2004
    South Shore, MA
    Full Name:
    Alex
    Allen,

Thanks for setting the record straight. Its easy to jump to conclusions when something like that happens, but the Facts are all that matter. Glad the Truck Driver is OK. Insurance will handle the rest.

14. Bad Chariot

Dec 6, 2003
    Reading, MA
    Full Name:
    Michael
    They are lucky no one was hurt badly could have been a deadly scene, that pic clearly shows the ramp broke off the trailer.

15. steve@amne

steve@amne Formula Junior

Jul 14, 2007
    Norwood, MA
    Full Name:
    Steve O
    Yesterday’s accident at FNE involving a 430 and a transport truck was truly just that, a fluke accident. This was a very competent transport company and driver. FNE thoughts and prayers are with the driver and his family hoping he will recover from his injuries soon. Misfortune like this is never a good experience for anyone involved. Let’s take this opportunity be respectful and caring.

Thank you all, your team at FNE

16. gam4

gam4 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 22, 2003
    I can assure you all this was not FNE fault. I deal with these guys all the time and there is not classy more competent dealer I have ever come across. The shame is the news did not explain exactly what happened. Thank God there was no serious injury.

17. Bad Chariot

Dec 6, 2003
    Reading, MA
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Steve,

Let me offer my apologies for a poor attempt at humor. When I saw the story there was no mention of the driver being hurt. Earlier last year I lost friend of mine who was killed while working on a car at home he just bought for his daughter's 16th Bday. The car fell off the ramps and crushed him. So it's not a laughing matter and I feel like a *****!

18. steve@amne

steve@amne Formula Junior

Jul 14, 2007
    Norwood, MA
    Full Name:
    Steve O
    No problem...Thank you all for your concerns.

Steve

19. darthnefas

Jun 21, 2007
    Taunton MA
    Full Name:
    Allen...
    From both.

I used that same company last Wednesday and again on Sunday for 5 exotics and no problems and I will continue to use them.

And my friends at Ferrari know that I support them 100%. There is no better team anywhere.

20. AJ 250GTO

AJ 250GTO Rookie

Jun 26, 2009
    MA
    Full Name:
    Adam Jaklitsch
    This was a very unfortunate event and we should all be thankful that the transport driver was not killed.

We can replace the car... Accidents can happen to the best of the best.

My prayers go out to our driver.

21. spg993tt

spg993tt Karting

Sep 10, 2006
    la la land
    Full Name:
    el guapo
    Steve, looks like the slide out extension for that liftgate door failed.
    Typically there are two styles, ones that flip out, fold over and out, or those that slide out and snap into place. under either circumstance, they have to be extended or flipped to unload the car.

its clear in the picture that that extension, which looks to be a slide out style failed. im always amazed that the heaviest part of th ecar, the rear in an f430 successfull is supported by a slide or flip extension that is secured by a couple of steel hardened bolts. trailer manufacturers have been building these flips or slides forever and the # of failures is so small

yet, im myself have been looking at running an ancillar set up of chains from the end of the extension/flip/slide to the trailer to help distribute the weight so its not all on those 2 sole hinges.

just curious, did anyone find the point of failure on the trailer? the bolt, the hinge crack, the "arms' on the extension fail??
    just curious.

(glad the driver wasnt killed, or more seriously injured)

22. mseals

mseals Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 9, 2007
    Kuwait
    Full Name:
    Mike Seals
    Does anyone know how the driver is doing?

Mike

23. nzo4re

nzo4re Karting

Mar 13, 2003
    San Jose, CA
    Full Name:
    Tom Lassen
    Dennis? We're you involed with this?

24. BigHead

BigHead Formula Junior

Oct 31, 2003
    Outside of Boston
    Full Name:
    Dennis
    hehehe... thanks for thinking of me, Tom! We miss ya.

No, wasn't involved. And, btw, from my understanding, the liftgate door extension did *not* cause the incident; it broke because the car rolled back on the ramp until the extension was supporting the nearly the entire weight of the car, whereupon it did then fail. But it was never designed to support nearly that much weight up in the air.

Just an unfortunate incident, but it'll all work out.

vty,

--Dennis

25. darthnefas

Jun 21, 2007
    Taunton MA
    Full Name:
    Allen...
    Hey Dennis,

If the driver was in the car and it started to roll, why didn't he just press the brake?