430 market right now | FerrariChat

430 market right now

Discussion in '360/430' started by $$$=SPEED, Jan 24, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. $$$=SPEED

$$$=SPEED F1 Veteran

Aug 18, 2004
    Portland, Or. USA
    Full Name:
    Depends who's asking
    Hey Guys,

I understand it is a bad economy and alot of people are not buying currently but need advise on pricing my 430. I have my 06 F430 F1 Blk Blk 8k miles and had her on ebay and Fchat Ferrari ads and local dealer trying to sell for awhile. She is blk loaded with CCB's, CF race seats over $220k MSRP most cars are $190-$200k for a coupe. Also I added arond $3,500 in very tastefull aftermarket additions. All removable. I am forced to sell so aggressively priced at $138k. I just have low ball offers??? You guys think this car is priced still above market??? Other cars are priced alot higher with no brakes, seats, ect or in the pristine condition like mine.

Thanks

Mike

2. Kravchak

Kravchak Formula Junior

Oct 17, 2005
    Northeast
    Full Name:
    Ken
    Your price sounds MORE than fair to me...

3. Oengus

Oengus F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

4. m.roberts

m.roberts Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2009
    USA
    I think your price is right on.. maybe even a little low. Problem is that there are more sellers than buyers right now, and if you are being forced to sell, you are probably competing with a lot of other cheap deals... and buyers are going to assume that you really need the money and are probably going to throw out incredibly low numbers! :(

Good luck on the sale. I would hold your position on your price if you can afford to wait.

5. scycle2020

scycle2020 F1 Rookie

Jan 26, 2004
    potomac
    People just are not biting on the cars unless the price is below market, not at market price...its just the nature of the times....its the same with the real estate market...unless someone has to buy a house, they will only make low ball offers and hope someone bites...the bad news is that the light at the end of economical tunnel is not yet fully insight...

6. h2oskier

h2oskier F1 Veteran

Oct 1, 2006
    inside someone hot
    Full Name:
    MJA
    Mike an 06 will probably have to price down in the 120's right now to get play. The only people looking to buy these cars right now are guys looking for a HUGE deal. Cars have all lost 20-30% in value in just one year and I'm fearing they will still drop a little more. A friend had his 2005 430 listed for a month at 125k and got no calls so pulled it off the market about 2 months ago. The only thing I can say is lower your reserve 1k a week until you find someone to buy but only to your comfort level. Autotrader has 170 - F430's right now 2005 to 2007 only. That's a lot of cars with Banks not loaning anything on Homes even.

I wish you a quick sale if needed and hope that wonderful mom and baby are doing Great!

7. spyderman

spyderman Formula 3

Nov 4, 2003
    Toronto - Canada
    Full Name:
    Spyderman
    Sounds like a nice car for the money. Good luck with the sale.

8. hardtop

hardtop F1 World Champ

Jan 31, 2002
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Dave
    #8 hardtop, Jan 24, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2010
    Maybe it will get better in the spring. The only thing I can think is that race seats aren't very popular and combined with cc brakes and aftermarket stuff kind of screams "I've been tracked and beaten". I'm just speculating but something to think about.

Dave

9. spEYEdr

spEYEdr Formula Junior

Feb 13, 2007
    LA - City of Angels
    This is spot on.

I'm in the market for a 430 spider and for a house. In both cases, I am in absolutely no rush. I'm sitting on the funds and waiting patiently for the 'right deal'. This means the right car (or house) but also at the right price. And with today's economy, that means a GREAT deal, not just a good deal.

For sellers, it's tough. If I wanted to sell my 360 spider today (which, was scycle2020's old car), I would get about half the price I paid 3 years ago.

10. Hawkeye

Hawkeye F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2009
    I think $138k is spot on and trending on the low side.

11. blackbolt22

blackbolt22 F1 Veteran

Sep 25, 2007
    Boca Raton, FL
    Full Name:
    Mr. Anderson

Agreed.

12. Skipper

Skipper Formula Junior

Sep 24, 2006
    Full Name:
    Frank Drebin
    #12 Skipper, Jan 25, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  13. forgeahead

forgeahead F1 Rookie
    Owner

Sep 16, 2008
    Rocky Mount, NC
    Full Name:
    Ray
    That seems like a very fair price. Hold tight. This is not a good time of year for those. I bet you'll sell within the next couple of months. I have a good idea, get a PPI. Naturally, it won't be completely objective, but it would be a good selling feature.

14. $$$=SPEED

$$$=SPEED F1 Veteran

Aug 18, 2004
    Portland, Or. USA
    Full Name:
    Depends who's asking
    I see your thought process on this but in all my ads I encourge a buyer get PPI done at Ferrari dealer, I have all service records from day one, keys, tools, books, covers, no issues or stories of anykind and pick up at the airport and have test drive. The car is spotless too. The car did only one club day at the track which consitsted of maybe 10 laps. Over 93% clutch and brake life left too?? She can be seen at www.speedsports.net

I have a Murci, QP, and Bentley and just cannot afford to keep them all :(

Thanks

15. Skipper

Skipper Formula Junior

Sep 24, 2006
    Full Name:
    Frank Drebin
    Its not my car i simply posted what i see for sale

16. $$$=SPEED

$$$=SPEED F1 Veteran

Aug 18, 2004
    Portland, Or. USA
    Full Name:
    Depends who's asking
    Thanks Mark and I agree but those cars are low MSRP not loaded with all the right options like mine. $220k MSRP most are $190-$200k cars and without the spotless history mine has.

Wife and baby are doing great just hope business picks up soon. :)

Take it easy brother!

17. hardtop

hardtop F1 World Champ

Jan 31, 2002
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Dave
    I understand. I would put as much info in your ads as possible to dispel the initial impressions. The seats still limit your audience. When I was considering how to spec my 430, I asked some dealers about what options would be good or bad in terms of resale. Several said race seats were bad. I don't know if this means the car is worth less, or it is just harder to find a buyer. I'm not a dealer. Ironically, I've tracked my car a lot and it has 3 pedals, daytonas and steel brakes.

Good luck,
    Dave

18. $$$=SPEED

$$$=SPEED F1 Veteran

Aug 18, 2004
    Portland, Or. USA
    Full Name:
    Depends who's asking
    Yes I have heard that as well. Funny to because I had a 06 430 spider with Daytona's and these seats are much more comfortable than the Daytona's by far IMO. Also the fact that this car is speced as close to a scud almost as you can with the same seats. Sucks I am forced to sell her as I love the car but will be back in one soon.

19. Oengus

Oengus F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

If anybody was looking for a black coupe this would be the one to buy IMHO :) :)

20. teak360

teak360 F1 World Champ

Nov 3, 2003
    Boulder, CO
    Full Name:
    Scott
    I don't understand your statement. How is the price they are actually trading at not the market price?

Mike, I see your car was just listed on Ebay by Ron Tonkin. Interestingly, the only F430 auction to end in a sale in the completed listings is a car very similar to yours. Good luck with your sale.

21. spdrcr

spdrcr Formula Junior

Aug 2, 2004
    San Jose, CA
    Full Name:
    Matt
  22. $$$=SPEED

$$$=SPEED F1 Veteran

Aug 18, 2004
    Portland, Or. USA
    Full Name:
    Depends who's asking
    Old ad. I am asking $138k now

23. $$$=SPEED

$$$=SPEED F1 Veteran

Aug 18, 2004
    Portland, Or. USA
    Full Name:
    Depends who's asking
    That actually is a very similar car but with a 6 speed and an 05 not 06. I did buy my car from Tonkin but selling thru www.speedsports.net and they have her on ebay

24. Dave_Car_Guy

Dave_Car_Guy Karting

Apr 24, 2004
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Just my opinion here, but I have been looking at used 430s and here are my thoughts:
    A 2006 is now a 4-year old car, and most brands that would mean a price in the range of 50-60% of original value. Traditionally, that hasn't necessarily been the case for F-cars, but there were a LOT of cars sold in 2006 when the market was hot and now there are many cars coming on the market. Same thing happened in 2002-2003 when the F360 market bombed and the early 360s sold in the hot 1999 market took a big hit. As a buyer right now, I would be looking for a car priced at 50% to 60% of orig MSRP, depending on mileage, etc. So for coupes, the low end, non-optioned cars look interesting to me below $120K, and I have seen cars get dumped for under $100K. Yeah, I know that sounds bad, but the other obvious dynamic is that buyers don't HAVE to buy anything and can be patient, and time is on the buyer's side. Those sellers waiting around for the economy/market to "come back", may find that as it does, time also passes and diminishes the value of the car to be sold.

Another point is that you also have to compete with other brands. Bentley Continental GTs are a steal right now, as are Lambos, etc. I have a 2007 Aston Martin V8 Vantage and those cars are selling for 50%-60% of MSRP, 3 years old. Autotrader has 47 2007 Vantages listed now at a low of $69K and an avg of $83K. That was a $132K car, so those prices are 52% to 62% of MSRP. Autotrader has 58 F430s with a low price of $125K and an avg of $164K, or 62% - 82% of MSRP. So there are more Ferraris for sale than Astons, and at a higher price, relatively. I also have a Porsche Turbo and the market for those cars dropped hard, too. 2008s with MSRPs of $142K can be had for under $100K, which is 70% of MSRP for a 2 year old car.

Crazy market, depreciation is to be expected, and the first 4 years are the worst time to own anything. Good luck!