84 308 Euro coming today!! | FerrariChat

84 308 Euro coming today!!

Discussion in '308/328' started by Maranelloborn, Feb 2, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Maranelloborn

Maranelloborn Karting

Nov 16, 2009
    New York
    Full Name:
    Remund
    Well I pulled the trigger on an 84 308. It should be delivered in the next hour or two. This car was owned by fellow Chatter, John Wise. It was sold to the PO in Las Vegas. My wife just got back from Vegas an had chance to Drive it around and let it stretch it's legs a little, before we loaded it on the Auto Transport bound for New York. I have a few videos that I can share, with the car in front of the Paris Hotel. My heat it beating faster as I watch the clock...stand by for an update with unloading pictures.

2. gonzo350

gonzo350 Karting

Apr 3, 2004
    Lafayette Indiana
    Full Name:
    Myles
    Well from one 84 Euro Owner to another...let me say...welcome to the club!

3. Ferraripilot

Ferraripilot F1 World Champ
    Owner Project Master

May 10, 2006
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    John!
    congrats to you!

4. ramosel

ramosel Formula 3

Sep 11, 2004
    Meadow Vista, CA
    Full Name:
    R Moseley
    WoooHooooo!! Congrats!

5. miketuason

miketuason F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2006
    Cerritos, CA.
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Alright! Congrats, better get that Champaign bottle ready. 84 is a great year cause mine is too:) You won't be able to sleep for a few day just to warn you:)

6. Maranelloborn

Maranelloborn Karting

Nov 16, 2009
    New York
    Full Name:
    Remund
    #6 Maranelloborn, Feb 2, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  7. fchip

fchip Formula Junior

Jul 15, 2007
    Raleigh, NC
    Full Name:
    Chip G
    Fantastic news on your 84 Euro. I am in the process of bringing an 83 GTS Euro to my new home!! I hope to have the girl in my garage by next week. Maybe we can share photos and early ownership stories. Welcome to a great community.
    Chip

8. Maranelloborn

Maranelloborn Karting

Nov 16, 2009
    New York
    Full Name:
    Remund
    #8 Maranelloborn, Feb 2, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2010
    Sounds like a plan, I love this thing more and more with every drive. Man what a car this must have been back in the 80's. The Boxers had to be unreal. When I was in high school my Dads friend had an 84 Ferrari 308 like this one, as well as a 512 Boxer he raced, and an early Maserati BiTurbo. God I feel like such a kid again...yeah baby!

Dreams into Reality Thoughts into Things...

9. Irishman

Irishman F1 Rookie

Oct 13, 2005
    Raleigh
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Chip,

Congratulations! If she makes it in time and you don't mind driving in snow (this weekend looks suspect :):)) some of us triangle Italian enthusiasts meet at Brier Creek near Camille's starting at 9am on the first Saturday of the month. Check the NC section for confirmation this coming Saturday, February 6. Would like to see your Ferrari there. If not this weekend maybe March will be better.

Kevin

10. Ferraripilot

Ferraripilot F1 World Champ
    Owner Project Master

May 10, 2006
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    John!
    Hey I think I know that car.

11. miketuason

miketuason F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2006
    Cerritos, CA.
    Full Name:
    Mike
    What's the serial #?

12. drsmith30

drsmith30 Karting

Jul 24, 2009
    Winter Park, FL
    Full Name:
    David
    Congratulations, enjoy!!!

13. climb

climb F1 Rookie

Sep 19, 2006
    Atlantic Beach Fl
    Full Name:
    Stuart K. Hicks
    Even though you know you own a Ferrari it doesn't really hit you 'till the truck rolls up with your car..what a great feeling.

She looks beautiful..congrats!!

14. r48

r48 Karting

Dec 18, 2008
    San Jose
    Full Name:
    R
    wow~~~~ what a beautiful baby you got!!!

15. GrayTA

GrayTA F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 25, 2006
    Deep South
    Full Name:
    PDG
    Congrats and welcome to the club!!!

PDG

16. MBFerrari

MBFerrari F1 Veteran

Jul 2, 2008
    NoVA
    Full Name:
    Matt B
    Indeed! What a terrific day for you. One you will always remember. Congrats and take good care of her! Bellisimo!

17. BEisler

BEisler Formula Junior

Aug 16, 2006
    Carmel, IN
    Sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nothing like "birthing" photos of a Ferrari arriving for a new owner. I have an 85 Euro QV and vividly remember her arrival. Spend tons of hours driving around with your daughter - makes for great moments together.

Congrats! Thats one nice looking 308!

Cheers

18. Maranelloborn

Maranelloborn Karting

Nov 16, 2009
    New York
    Full Name:
    Remund
    #18 Maranelloborn, Feb 3, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2010
    The serial number is 48305. This is one that JWise and Verell worked on in the thread http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28437

The history of the vehicle is extensive. I've been entering it into excel and the Original Owner in Texas has receipts from the same mechanic for the majority of the cars life. The mileage and service on the car really paint a nice picture. I do think the car is running a little rich and will have questions on adjusting, so here I come with picking of the experts brains.

BTW, I did notice again after reading my 1st frantic post yesterday I made it sound as though just my wife went to Vegas to drive the car.... Ha! We flew in together to look at the car, if anything failed to check out we were just going to have a nice trip in sin city. Well it really did work out nice, we took the car and enjoyed it a little before meeting the Transport the following evening. I got my 1st "Hey Magnum" in front of the Paris Hotel, that was actually kind of funny... Here's a video of it coming out of the valet, the Valet said "man is this a nice car it's so smooth". We had a blast my wife really wanted to run it out to hover dam but, I just wanted to be cool with it and get it on the transport, get her home check it over and change out the Timing Belts and Tensioners.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSeT6av-bjY

I sleep in the car last night...kidding. I did tuck her in several time during the night though.

19. rdefabri

rdefabri Three Time F1 World Champ

Jun 4, 2008
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Rich
    Jealous...really great man! Lots of luck!

20. Brian Elliston

Brian Elliston F1 Rookie

Oct 9, 2009
    Clermont, FL
    Full Name:
    Brian Elliston
    Best Groundhog Day Ever!!!!!!! Congratulations

21. ferraripete

ferraripete F1 World Champ

euro qv's are fantastic! the euro front air dam was not lost on me either! nor were the bumpers! nor was the...or the... :)

best,

pcb

22. bernardo66

bernardo66 The Crazy Cat Man
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 14, 2003
    Montreal Canada
    Full Name:
    Bernie
    Sweet ride, and the cute little blond is just a peach!!!! ;)

23. jwise

jwise Formula Junior

Apr 2, 2003
    Portland Maine
    Congratulations!! I figured you would buy her! It was a pleasure to own her for as long as I did- and I know you will enjoy as much as I did. A truly lovely machine.....

Good luck! John

24. Amnster

Amnster Karting

Jul 25, 2005
    NorCal
    Congrats on the euro QV. I wish I could have one in California.

25. Maranelloborn

Maranelloborn Karting

Nov 16, 2009
    New York
    Full Name:
    Remund
    Thanks John,
    How nice is it to be able to talk with the PO's of a car your interested in and get a friendly honest response. If I make it up to Maine this Summer, Lobster and Beers are on me! Let me know the dates of the next club get together, I would really like to attend one.