Spotted in Corvallis OR | FerrariChat

Spotted in Corvallis OR

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by rhturney, Feb 2, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rhturney

rhturney Rookie

Jun 22, 2009
    #1 rhturney, Feb 2, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  2. Cavallino Aficionado

Oct 3, 2006
    Lk. Tapps/Buckley WA
    Full Name:
    Brian
    Itn't that car worth more than the house it's parked in front of? Now there's someone who has thier priorities straight! I have a big house, big garage, but no fun toys :(

3. $$$=SPEED

$$$=SPEED F1 Veteran

Aug 18, 2004
    Portland, Or. USA
    Full Name:
    Depends who's asking
    Exactly..My problem is I have a big house alot of cars and can't afford it all..LOL I should have just bought a condo!!!

4. rhturney

rhturney Rookie

Jun 22, 2009
    The license plate tell it all.

5. TheStradman

TheStradman Karting

May 11, 2007
    Park City, Utah
    Full Name:
    James
    #5 TheStradman, Feb 2, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Here is another picture of the 722s parked at the apartment complex. Crazy car for such a location. I still can't believe there is a 722s in Corvallis, Oregon!!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

6. 993 911

993 911 Formula Junior

Jan 16, 2007
    Portland, OR
    Full Name:
    Jack D
    Just checked it out... about **** myself when I actually saw it.

Is it there regularly? Same one spotted downtown?

7. Spasso

Spasso F1 World Champ

Feb 16, 2003
    Land of Slugs & Moss
    Full Name:
    Han Solo
    The satellite dish and window A/C make the picture.

8. Ackmann

Ackmann Formula Junior

Nov 23, 2007
    Salem Oregon
    Full Name:
    Wayne Ackermann
    Just watched my new episode of this season Top Gear and watched a Lambo 670 racing against a 722.

I have started to work in the lower valley and will be in Corvallis area a few days a week. If I get a chance to see the guy, I'll invite him to one of our C&C.

PS. The 722 covered the Lambo, it was close but I guess we've all gotten used to Mercedes being faster than the Italians. Oh Slam! was that a F1 crack. LOL.

9. Ron328

Ron328 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 10, 2003
    Willamette Valley, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Ron
    #9 Ron328, Feb 3, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2010
    I live here in Corvallis but haven't seen the car yet...have to keep my eyes open when I pass that address.

10. TheStradman

TheStradman Karting

May 11, 2007
    Park City, Utah
    Full Name:
    James
    I went by again to get some better pictures and talked to the owner for a bit. He has had the SLR for a week now. He recently moved over from Dubai and is currently living with his two college students who go to Oregon State. It appears the car will be in Corvallis for the time being. Very nice guy and clearly into exotic cars.

11. Canut

Canut Formula Junior

Aug 11, 2005
    Long Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Manuel Canut
    Doesn't surprise me.
    When I went to college there a few years ago. There were a few kids from the Middle East that would buy very nice cars and sell then for close to nothing after they were done with college.
    I remember doing a project about the Trans-Alaska Pipeline. We tried to contact equipment manufacturers to get some data from them to no avail. One of the guys ended up using his own e-mail account with the .kwt (or whatever it is) extension. Needless to say they called INMEDIATELLY!
    Don't know what is it about OSU that brings so many Middle Eastern students.

12. TheStradman

TheStradman Karting

May 11, 2007
    Park City, Utah
    Full Name:
    James
    I couldn't agree more. There are many students from the Middle East that have brand-new luxury cars, nothing exotic like the SLR 722S however. Pretty insane car for a quiet, rainy college town!

Here are some more pictures of the SLR: http://www.flickr.com/photos/36693033@N06/

13. SWIFTVISION

SWIFTVISION Karting

Jul 22, 2007
    Portland, OR
    When I was at OSU my friend had the first BMW M5 out of Germany (2000) and then a Aston Martin DB7 V12.

Lots of cars hidden in that small town.

14. Vincent998

Vincent998 Rookie

Feb 18, 2009
    Oregon
    I saw it from a block away this afternoon as it was going down Harrison - I couldn't imagine what it was from the brief glimpse I got of it. I'm sure we'll see it many more times ... nothing like an expensive car outside in a rainy climate. I wonder how it will look with a bit of moss and some mildew on the roof????

15. Cavallino Aficionado

Oct 3, 2006
    Lk. Tapps/Buckley WA
    Full Name:
    Brian
    I wonder how stoked (or depressed) his roomies are about his wheels!?

16. Jonny Law

Jonny Law F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

May 6, 2008
    Over yonder.
    Full Name:
    IT Guy
    I can hear it now, "Dude, you have to drive. I got another flat tire."

17. Cavallino Aficionado

Oct 3, 2006
    Lk. Tapps/Buckley WA
    Full Name:
    Brian
    As long as he's not late on his portion of the rent! I had 2 roomates back in the day. Plenty of money for toys, cars, etc... When it came to thier 3rd of the rent they were a**es. I'd cover them and ding them with interest.

18. DrMike

DrMike Rookie

Mar 11, 2004
    My friend spotted it in downtown Albany so I asked around about it. Another buddy said it belonged to a 19 year old. Googled it and found this thread so now I know it belongs to the dad :)

19. Eliseguy

Eliseguy Rookie

May 6, 2008
    PACNW
    Full Name:
    RB Blackshear
    Thats a cool looking saturn sky