Running Report | FerrariChat

Running Report

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by MalibuGuy, Feb 4, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. MalibuGuy

MalibuGuy F1 Veteran

Sep 18, 2007
    Hey thought it would be nice to hear about the mileage and woes.

I'll start off- 3,400 miles and no woes. Estimate that I've opened and closed my top at least 350 times- I always close it when I park to keep the bird droppings on the outside of my car. So far no top issues.

Dislikes- don't like the creep!

2. Xeron

Xeron Formula Junior

Jan 25, 2010
    Vegas
    What is the reported issue with the top anyway?

3. MalibuGuy

MalibuGuy F1 Veteran

Sep 18, 2007
    Don't know exactly what problems Genepope has. Certainly hope it will be resolved soon. At least it is under warranty!

4. omniman

omniman Formula Junior

Aug 24, 2008
    Florida/Michigan
    Full Name:
    James L.
    Delivery in October. Just turned 1000 miles over the weekend. No problems so far. Knock on wood!

5. LeoNewland

LeoNewland Karting

Jun 2, 2007
    Fort Worth
    Full Name:
    Leo Newland
    Glad you're having good luck with your car so far and enjoying this magnificent ride.

I returned from my one and only test drive of the California with exactly the same opinion of the creep - I do not like it at all! I'm hoping that Ferrari will offer us the option of turning it off since it seems to be software controlled. It is also the major issue keeping me from pulling the trigger.

6. RickLederman

RickLederman F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 18, 2007
    Swanton Ohio
    Full Name:
    Rick Lederman
    Get over the creep guys, it is really no big deal. Once you understand it and expect it then it is OK (sort of). I agree that coming to a stop should disengage the clutch and it would be nice to work right but it really is not that irritating. The performance and sound track way override any little issue like creep.

Other things are more irritating (only slightly as this is the sweetest ride in the world!) like the gas cap release ... after 1700 miles mine is finally sticking slightly. I now get out, press the cover to loosten it up then go back to press the button to release it. I need to look at the posts that slightly modify the latch and fix mine I guess. I also have a couple minor quality issues but since the dealer is 95 miles away I will wait a while to get those fixed.

I love this car ... there can hardly be anything better!

7. forgeahead

forgeahead F1 Rookie
    Owner

Sep 16, 2008
    Rocky Mount, NC
    Full Name:
    Ray
  8. Peter

Peter F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 21, 2000
    B.C., Canada
    Well, like most Toyota exec's and auto critics have been talking about since this gas-pedal fiasco has been going on, no car is perfect...

I have been following these threads here and notice that there aren't any major, wide-spread issues with this car. That's quite remarkable considering this model is such a major departure for Ferrari.

I'm sold, I would definitely get a California.

9. forgeahead

forgeahead F1 Rookie
    Owner

Sep 16, 2008
    Rocky Mount, NC
    Full Name:
    Ray
    Just make sure that you don't see a Toyota in your rear view mirror!!