Milwaukee Masterpiece Car Show-Club Day | FerrariChat

Milwaukee Masterpiece Car Show-Club Day

Discussion in 'Chicago' started by carlagio, Feb 8, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. carlagio

carlagio Formula Junior

Jul 3, 2005
    Chicagoland
    Full Name:
    Carla G.
    Message me if you'd like to meet at Lake Forest Sports Cars to caravan up there.

http://www.milwaukeemasterpiece.com/club_day.htm

Club Day Brings Together America’s Finest
    Club Day is made up of over 175 vehicles from more than 25 regional clubs. In 2009 we were honored to welcome a number of clubs attending for the first time, including the Windy City Morgan Owners Group with vehicles coming from Illinois and Iowa.

The 2010 Club Day will be held on Saturday, August 21st and is sure to be another spectacular showing. Experience the power of American and European marques, hot rods and some of the most advanced modifications.

If your club would like to take part in Club Day, click here to download an application.
    http://www.milwaukeemasterpiece.com/documents/2010/Club_Day_Registration_Form.pdf

Location Veteran's Park on Milwaukee's Lakefront

Dates Club Day Saturday August 21
    Concours d'Elegance Sunday August 22

Time 10 am - 4 pm

Cost to Attend Pre-Sale Tickets - Purchased before August 1

One-day ticket (Saturday or Sunday) $10
    Two-day pass $15

Please call Lindsay Schoettlin at 414.225.1344
    for pre-sale purchases.

Tickets Purchased at Gate

One-day ticket (Saturday or Sunday) $15
    Two-day pass $20

Children 12 and under free when accompanied by an adult.

2. carlagio

carlagio Formula Junior

Jul 3, 2005
    Chicagoland
    Full Name:
    Carla G.
  3. Jeff328

Jeff328 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2006
    WI
    Here's a link to a thread that already exists in the midwest regional forum.

http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=270811

Note that you do not need to be a member of any club to show your car on club day. The more the merrier.

There is a 300 car limit but past years haven't had more than about 150 cars on display on club day. So tell your friends!

4. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
    I think word is getting around about this event, so they may have 300 cars on club day if the weather is nice. August is a good month for Great Lakes weather.

Best concours within 1000 miles of Chicago in 2009. I think its now even better than the very nice Meadow Brook concours near Detroit. Lets see if they can repeat this year.

Tom Tanner/Scale Designs/Ferrari Expo 2010 model/photo contest-Chicago April 24th 2010

5. 67alloy

67alloy Karting

Jun 11, 2007
    Hi Tom,
    Thanks for your kind words about the Masterpiece.

As you may know, this year Alfa Romeo is celebrating its Centennial and will be a featured class along with Duesenberg and Ferrari. Also of interest to Italian car owners will be the American-European Hybrid Featured Class.

We already have some great cars committed to the event, with many fantastic pre-war and rare coachbuilt Alfas gracing the lakefront. Club Day will surely be a hit with the regional AROC clubs and we invite all Italian car owners to come to Milwaukee for a great weekend of auto events.

If you or anyone knows of a special Alfa that should be included in our event, please send me a PM. We are looking to round out a few classes with top notch cars.

This promises to be the premier Alfa Romeo celebration in the Midwest in 2010!

Kind Regards,
    William Hall
    Alfa Romeo Centennial Class Chairman
    Masterpiece Style and Speed Concours.

6. wizzells

wizzells Karting

Jul 16, 2005
    Milwaukee, WI
    I think the show is picking up momentum as well. In my opinion last year was a HUGE step forward in the quality of the cars they had there. Compared to 2008, it was leaps and bounds ahead. And I will agree with you, best show within 1000 miles of Chicago in 2009. They do have everything going for the makings of a classic event. Great August weather and the Lake Michigan/downtown backdrop. Plus, it's very easy to access.

Not sure if, on the whole, it is a better event than Meadowbrook. I have been to Meadowbrook 9 of the past 12 years and I have thoroughly enjoyed every year there. However, 2009 was a bit of a "letdown" show, in my opinion. I don't regret going, but it just wasn't on par with what I've seen there in the past. Heck, letdown might even be the wrong word since a bad day at a car concours is surely better than a good day at work!

7. 67alloy

67alloy Karting

Jun 11, 2007
    Hi Wizzells,

I too have shown and enjoyed Meadowbrook in the past and agree its a great show.

What specific things do you like about Meadowbrook that you would like to see at a show like the Masterpiece?

We are always open to feedback and all suggestions get passed upstairs to the Event Chairman.

Regards,
    Wm. Hall

8. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
    I would try to get more top automotive artists at the event, maybe even invite their membership to show in a special tent.

Also more automobile company involvment will be needed to keep on top. Maybe FIAT/Chrysler, FORD, GM ect. The American show cars last year were nice, something that Meadow Brook is famous for. More of that would be great. Most of those show cars are in the Great Lakes area still(Detroit and Chicago have large collections still)

Tom Tanner/Scale Designs/Ferrari Expo 2010 model/photo contest-Chicago April 24th 2010

9. wizzells

wizzells Karting

Jul 16, 2005
    Milwaukee, WI
    67Alloy,

I will 2nd what Tom Said.

I will also add that I think that the awards presentation can make or break a show. That being said, I enjoy Meadowbrook for the the history and knowledge that is talked about by the car owner/driver, and the M.C. of the awards ceremony. I think this adds to that allure and mystique of so many of that cars that just adds that little extra je ne sais quoi. I think if you're looking to add that little extra something to the show itself, then the awards presentation might be just the place to do a little tweaking.

Lastly, thanks for all of your hard work for helping put together a very very good car show!

10. 67alloy

67alloy Karting

Jun 11, 2007
    Sorry for the late reply!

Your feedback (as promised) was passed around at the last Masterpiece committee meeting. I think your comments were spot-on and well received.

As for the closer ties with automakers- I agree! Do you know of any willing to spend some sponsorship money? :) Seriously though, I think Meadowbrook will always have that synergy going for them given their proximity to Detroit.

We have a lot of new developments that we are bursting at the seams to reveal...we just can't yet! Trust us that for Italian car fans- between the Alfa Romeo Centennial Celebration (turning out to be one of the biggest parties of the year for Alfa), the top-notch Ferrari Class, and the European-American Hybrid Class- this will be a memorable summer.

August 22nd, Milwaukee, WI; The Milwaukee Masterpiece
    www.milwaukeemasterpiece.com

11. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
    #11 F1tommy, Mar 13, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2010
    Sounds like it will be great this year. I hope Simon Moore drops by since this should have several of his favorite cars in attendance. I also hope Brian B. has his 2.3 back from restoration with its special body in time. Im sure he would love to show it. Milwaukee has always been a 2.3 town. Add a few Alfa 2.9's and Ferrari 375 plus speciale bodies and
    that would make the trip worthwhile to anyone in North America and even the world!

Its really to bad the BRIC Historic races at Road America were not run on the same week. You could almost do a Great Lakes Pebble Beach/Monterey Historics!!
    The BRIC would have to start showing and racing pre war racing cars to make that happen, along with a date change. With the Milwaukee Mile historic event now gone they could start by moving that to RA during the historics.

Tom Tanner/Ferrari Expo 2010 model/photo contest-Chicago April 24th 2010

12. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
  13. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
    Does anybody have anymore information they can give us on the cars that will be displayed at the Sunday Concours?

Tom Tanner/Ferrari Expo 2011-Chicago April 2011

14. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    It's on their website.

15. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
    #15 F1tommy, Jul 8, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2010
    I know, I was talking about the unlisted cars that are coming.

16. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
    #16 F1tommy, Aug 1, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2010
    Looks like an even better show will be coming to Milwaukee this year. Alot of great vintage Alfa Romeo's not listed on the entry lists are going to be coming in for this event, including a few Pebble Beach and Museum cars(Alfa Museum??). This is a must attend event for anyone who loves fine vintage Italian automobiles. The Ferrari display is supposed to be large again.

Maybe "67alloy" can give us some more information on the new "Pebble Beach East".

Tom Tanner/Scale Designs/Ferrari Expo 2011-Chicago April 2011

17. 67alloy

67alloy Karting

Jun 11, 2007
  18. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    I guess its worth booking a hotel...

Cant wait.

19. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
  20. CSanders Sr.

CSanders Sr. Rookie

Aug 7, 2009
    Barrington
    Full Name:
    C.Sanders
    As of today they have about 170 cars registered for Saturday's Club Day....

21. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
    #21 F1tommy, Aug 6, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2010
    Sounds like a good turnout. I know a few who waitied until the last minute. They will allow Club day car entry if they have the application by next Monday. Time to Fedex!!!
    You should enter your sportscar if it looks nice as they will give you 2 tickets for the Concours and breakfast. It's less money if you enter your car!!! What a deal.

Tom Tanner/Scale Designs/Ferrari Expo 2011-Chicago April 2011

22. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
    Only a week to go. I hope alot of you registered for the Club Day. The weather is supposed to cool off a little next week. Where else will you see a Talbot Lago, Alfa 2500, Ferrari Superamerica and Volga on the same lawn!!

23. Carsleuth

Carsleuth F1 Rookie

Dec 22, 2006
    Chicago/NYC
    Full Name:
    Dan C.
    #23 Carsleuth, Aug 12, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2010
    Can't wait to be photographing this event, it should be great as always. Anyone who wants to stop by and say hi, PM me.

24. Jeff328

Jeff328 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2006
    WI
    Hey Dan, are you going to be there both days?

25. Carsleuth

Carsleuth F1 Rookie

Dec 22, 2006
    Chicago/NYC
    Full Name:
    Dan C.
    Of course, that's what they hired me for. :)