Yardsale.... with a difference | FerrariChat

Yardsale.... with a difference

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by lusso64, Feb 9, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. lusso64

lusso64 Formula 3

Apr 12, 2004
    Simi Valley
    Full Name:
    David
    #1 lusso64, Feb 9, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Well, this is stretching the notion of "Ferrari Discussion" a little, but bear with me.

Carina and I have become friends with a wonderful Colorado family who have a 3 year old girl, Emerson, who has undergone not one, but 2 multi organ transplants. Erika, Eme's mom, has been living out of a small apartment in Omaha, Nebraska for the past 2 years, always with her daughter who has been a patient of the University of Nebraska medical center for most of that time.

As you can imagine the costs associated with doing this are a huge drain on the family. So, while cleaning out my garage recently (those who've seen it know what a major excavation that is :D ) it occurred to me that rather than throw unwanted stuff in the trash, I should sell it and give the proceeds to Eme's family. A few hours later, www.emesyardsale.com was born.

There's not much there at the moment, but if anyone has anything they no longer want or would just like to donate please consider listing it on the site for donation. Others can check what's there and "buy" any of the items by making a donation direct to the Children's Organ Transplant Association.

Now - obligatory Ferrari content: Rutlands have donated a few items that I will be listing over the next few weeks, starting with a set of 226245 wheel caps.

If any other businesses out there would like to donate something (anything) please do so. Even if it's just a T shirt that raises a dollar.

Finally, if anyone has a spare older ferrari they would like to donate, I'll set up an online raffle for that :D

Thanks for reading.... Dave
    www.emesyardsale.com
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. SrfCity

SrfCity F1 World Champ

Cute little kid. Hope she gets well and can lead a normal life. Good luck with the fund raising sale.

3. Ricambi America

Ricambi America F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Owner

#3 Ricambi America, Feb 9, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  4. El Wayne

El Wayne F1 World Champ
    Staff Member Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 1, 2002
    San Marino, CA
    Full Name:
    L. Wayne Ausbrooks
    Daniel, you da man!

5. lusso64

lusso64 Formula 3

Apr 12, 2004
    Simi Valley
    Full Name:
    David
    Daniel - that is truly awesome!

For those who can't open the attachment, it's a donation receipt for $500.

Who's next? :D

Dave

6. PT 328

PT 328 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

May 1, 2005
    Lusso,

I sent you a pm.

Dan