Looking for a Jet?!? | FerrariChat

Looking for a Jet?!?

Discussion in 'Aviation Chat' started by cove26, Feb 12, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. cove26

cove26 Formula 3

Nov 13, 2007
    CT
    Full Name:
    Mike
    OK I realize this may be a longshot, but I figured I would check anyways. I am a photographer from Connecticut (who also owns a 01 360 Spider) and I am looking for a fighter jet. I am going to be doing a shoot with an import car and a sportbike that have been painted to the craziest level. (can be seen on my site www.mcovephoto.com)

The only thing I need the jet to do is jut be there in the background so I can stage the car and bike around the jet for some great shots. Mainly looking for something in New England. I can provide you with a photo session of your jet for the time and help. Please let me know either here or by PM or shoot me an e-mail at [email protected]

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Mike

2. Gran Drewismo

Gran Drewismo F1 Rookie

Jan 24, 2005
    Idaho
    Full Name:
    Andrew
  3. Hawkeye

Hawkeye F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2009
    You mention "fighter" jet in the first sentence. If you mean fighter jet, your best bet is to call the PAO (Public Affairs Office) of the 103rd fighter wing at the Bradley ANG base and tell them your situation. Most likely, they would be happy to schedule some time with you and an aircraft and they may also ask for copies of the photographs (or you should offer) so they can put them in the monthly Guard magazine as a color story. The aircraft are A-10's, which would make a good backdrop for what you need.

The 103 Airlift wing is supporting Haiti right now but tell them you are looking for the A-10 fighter wing and not the airlift wing so the PAO is not confused. Call this number as a starting point. Phone: (860) 524-4911

4. FandLcars

FandLcars F1 Rookie

Aug 6, 2006
    Tempe, Az
    Full Name:
    Rick Schumm
    There seem to be quite a few private owners of Czech L39 Trainers around. I've had at least one fly over my house here in Az. They are really sleek and beautiful, and LOOK like a fighter. Maybe you could ask around airports or pilots in your area?

5. TSOL

TSOL Karting

Sep 27, 2009
    CA
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    Have you tried the USAF at Bradley (assuming they are still there)? I know they used to fly the A10's out of there...

6. Terculees

Terculees Formula Junior

Mar 3, 2008
    San Diego, CA
    Full Name:
    Andrei C.
    #6 Terculees, Feb 12, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  7. Ricambi America

Ricambi America F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Owner

#7 Ricambi America, Feb 12, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  8. WILLIAM H

WILLIAM H Three Time F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    There used to be a MIG jet that flew out of Danbury, CT

No idea if its still there

9. Chupacabra

Chupacabra F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 30, 2005
    Behind a drum kit
    Full Name:
    Mr. Chupacabra
  10. cove26

cove26 Formula 3

Nov 13, 2007
    CT
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Thanks Guys for the input and checking out my site. The only thing with the air museums is the jets are often packed close to one another so it is difficult to maneuver cars around. I know Bradley used to keep the A-10s there but they have since moved them out. I may check the Danbury Mig thing out.

Any other ideas or offers, keep em coming!

Thanks

Mike

11. BubblesQuah

BubblesQuah F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    Charlotte
    $4.95MM

12. toggie

toggie F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 30, 2003
    Virginia
    Full Name:
    Toggie (Ron)
    I wonder why the wheels are painted green on the SU-27?
    Camouflage when it's parked on grass, perhaps?

13. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    I read both airframe only have 600 hours on them and they were "zeroed" out at the factory with a total restoration. All the defense systems have been removed so I'm guessing it weighs a bit less than the normal configuration.

Seems like a pretty good deal at that price, but I think someone in this forum said the Su-27 costs $25k/hr to operate or something around there, LOL! Would be pretty cool to see someone buy both and have dogfights going on over a city, hahaha. FAA wouldn't be too happy with that.

14. 1ual777

1ual777 F1 Rookie

Mar 21, 2006
    Orange County, CA
    My question is, 'where do you get parts for it?' Because these bad boys are going to break but then if you can afford $27K and hour...it won't be an issue.

15. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    Sukhoi still makes the Su-27 so I'd guess you can purchase it from them directly. Might be cheaper to buy spare parts from Ukraine if they have any since they would probably be willing to sell at a discount (like they did with the planes).

16. Market Mover

Market Mover Formula Junior

Aug 25, 2006
    Glastonbury CT
    #16 Market Mover, Feb 13, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2010
    see below. double posted by accident.

17. Market Mover

Market Mover Formula Junior

Aug 25, 2006
    Glastonbury CT
    no fighters that I have seen at BDL. Check out Westover CEF-MA
    USAF RESERVES
    439TH OSS/OSA 750 HANGAR AVE
    CHICOPEE, MA 01022
    Phone 413-557-2187

some cool stuff last time I was there. Westfield BAF also has some military planes around.

18. Rifledriver

Rifledriver Three Time F1 World Champ

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    There is a Mig collector that keeps his collection at Bangor Maine. Mostly earlier models to my knowledge.

19. leead1

leead1 F1 Rookie

Nov 29, 2006
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Lee
    The Princeton Airport FBO had or has a military jet. Goggle them and ask for Dick or Ken. L am sure they would bring it up for fun or gas.

Use my name if you like

Lee Adams