Youtube issues | FerrariChat

Youtube issues

Discussion in 'Technology' started by futureowner, Feb 11, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. futureowner

futureowner Formula 3

Mar 24, 2006
    Brookfield, WI
    Full Name:
    Thad
    I recently upgraded a laptop that isn't often used to Internet Explorer 8 and ever since, when I go to youtube I get "either you have flash player off or have an older version" and can't watch any videos. I've uninstalled flash and then installed the new version numerous times, I've tried different browsers, etc, etc, etc. I can watch videos on other sites and use flash enabled websites no problem.

Looking online, it seems like I'm not the only one with this issue. Have any of you dealt with this before? I've tried suggestions that I've found online but nothing has worked, any help would be appreciated, thanks.

2. carmaster

carmaster Karting

Jan 13, 2004
    Boston/ Portland
    Full Name:
    Paul
    I had that problem when I was running Norton Internet Security. Once I disabled it and eventually got rid of it, it worked fine.

3. Highlow

Highlow F1 Veteran

Dec 3, 2006
    Sac
    Full Name:
    Tyler
    I have the same thing going on right now, its terrible.

The worst part is I can't get to Adobe's site to download the most recent flash player, every time I try Google pretends like the website doesn't exist.

I don't know what to do either.

4. SPEEDCORE

SPEEDCORE Four Time F1 World Champ

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
    Uninstall ie8. Problem solved :eek:

The 1st thing to do whenever IE starts playing up is deleting CACHE/temp internet files. This fixes things 99% of the time.

Make sure you have the latest version of java installed too.

5. futureowner

futureowner Formula 3

Mar 24, 2006
    Brookfield, WI
    Full Name:
    Thad
    Update, downloaded FireFox (the only browser I haven't tried of course) and works just fine there. Still won't work on IE or on Chrome but at least I've got something now! Thanks all for the help/suggestions.