Got a big package from GAHH today, woo hoo! | FerrariChat

Got a big package from GAHH today, woo hoo!

Discussion in '308/328' started by Dino246gt, Feb 15, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Dino246gt

Dino246gt Formula 3

Mar 26, 2007
    Winnipeg, Manitoba,
    Full Name:
    Dennis Ezmerlian
    #1 Dino246gt, Feb 15, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Here's what I got, looks fantastic to me, the leather is so soft and aromatic, the stitching looks excellent, the horsies are embossed and the wool carpet is sweet! I also got new door sills from Tube Technology in the UK. Now I have to get my baby from the body shop to the upholsterer. Enjoy the pics, GAHH was very easy to work with and Nick, of Forza, was a big help as well. BUT I NEED ORIGNAL LOOKING SPEAKER GRILLES, where can I find those?
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Man, brudda...your making me look bad!!!

J/k, that's sweet stuff!

Probably have to find a wreck, for those door grills.

3. BillyD

BillyD Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 28, 2004
    Pacific Northwest
    Full Name:
    Bill
    Are we talking a blue car with red interior? One of my favorite combos!

4. Dino246gt

Dino246gt Formula 3

Mar 26, 2007
    Winnipeg, Manitoba,
    Full Name:
    Dennis Ezmerlian
    #4 Dino246gt, Feb 15, 2010
    Nope, NERO, as original, with Bordeaux. This is with the original interior and rims, I had the rims redone and well the interior is going to be redone, even though there's not a rip in the 20K mile interior. Once I replace everything, the old leather can be stripped of the cracked finish and re-used I'm sure, but I'll wait until it's out to see if I can sell it (cheap) to someone here. It really is in very good condition, but theres a few cig burns in the carpets and there's round holes for speakers, so in order to replace those, I though I needed EVERYTHING, and that's what I'm doing. Money is not an issue with me for this is my dream car, black GTB. I will add another to my collection, but I'll never sell this thing. I am forever sad that I let go of my '71 Euro 246 that I also spared NO expense on, and I sold that one for $45K, yikes!

5. MBFerrari

MBFerrari F1 Veteran

Jul 2, 2008
    NoVA
    Full Name:
    Matt B
    Man, your car looks BEAUTIFUL...I am discussing painting issues and other interior items with various entities...looks like you are a few steps ahead of me. :D

MB

6. Dino246gt

Dino246gt Formula 3

Mar 26, 2007
    Winnipeg, Manitoba,
    Full Name:
    Dennis Ezmerlian
    #6 Dino246gt, Feb 15, 2010
  7. GrayTA

GrayTA F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 25, 2006
    Deep South
    Full Name:
    PDG
    Both are BEAUTIFUL cars!!

Love the Nero on a 308 (mine is too)

PDG

8. sammyb

sammyb Formula 3

Jun 23, 2006
    Where wife tells me
    Full Name:
    Sam
    There simply is no substitute for a Nero 308 with Euro bumpers. Like the 246 GTS, it's pure sex on wheels!

9. CliffBeer

CliffBeer Formula 3

Apr 3, 2005
    Seattle, Washington
    Full Name:
    Cliff
    I don't know about you guys, but I prefer just plain old black on a 308....

10. Euro Quattro

Euro Quattro Formula Junior

Apr 20, 2005
    Vancouver
    Full Name:
    Kent
    What was the price of that package? Im interested in purchasing one for my 308 but tan of course

11. BwanaJoe

BwanaJoe Formula 3

Oct 23, 2006
    Former Space Coast
    Full Name:
    Joe Burlein
    Oh man, just a bit envious right now! Is that the 3171 red? It looks a bit darker than mine in the pictures.

12. BwanaJoe

BwanaJoe Formula 3

Oct 23, 2006
    Former Space Coast
    Full Name:
    Joe Burlein
    If there are no rips in the seats PM me!!!!! I need new seat covers in a bad way. And being a NASA family we are doing things on the cheap right now...

13. Dino246gt

Dino246gt Formula 3

Mar 26, 2007
    Winnipeg, Manitoba,
    Full Name:
    Dennis Ezmerlian
    It was under $5K CDN. Nick of Nick's Forza got me a discount after I spent phone time with GAHH and they sent me samples of the colors I requested, so I made my decision from the actual samples. I did get everything, all carpets, door panels, upper and lower, consol, seat backs, pouch, door bin covers, headrests with horsies, it's all ala carte, so you can specify what you want. I fugured that EVERYTHING should be a perfect match, so everything will be replaced even though some of mine is nearly perfect. I'm still wondering how to make speaker grill replacements, since mine never had any as the p.o. cut out circles for speakers, which I've never heard, as I haven't even tried the stereo and I've driven this car for 4 years! I want the radio delete panel on the dash, which I can easily make. I could look up the exact price, but like I said it's all options, extra for this or that, I even got the handbrake boot sewn in with zipper, looks great too!

14. JV's89

JV's89 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 18, 2006
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Full Name:
    John
    #14 JV's89, Feb 16, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2010
    FWIW, my speakers reside behind the carpet without any kind of opening and they sound surprisingly good. You would never know they are there.

Your car is beautiful. Good luck with your interior, thats a great color combo.

15. drsmith30

drsmith30 Karting

Jul 24, 2009
    Winter Park, FL
    Full Name:
    David
    +1

same here. the speakers are behind the carpet on the door panels.

16. BillyD

BillyD Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 28, 2004
    Pacific Northwest
    Full Name:
    Bill
    I have to agree that Nero is a perfect color for a 308GTB.
    Looks beautiful.

17. Tony K

Tony K Formula 3

Jun 7, 2006
    Toledo, Ohio
    Full Name:
    Tony K.
    Mine is a 1980 GTBi U.S. model, and from the factory the carpet has a square-ish hole cut for the speaker with the edge bound, and the leather exposed by the hole is perforated a bunch of times with a punch. Bear in mind that mine is one of the earliest GTBis, and does not have the roof console or the i on the fuse panel badge; speaker grille style may likewise be different for '81-'82 models.

By the way, if BwanaJoe doesn't want the interior, I'm interested. Mine is black on black, and I've admired your black on burgundy since the first photos I've seen of it. Have thought about a color change for a while now. If Joe buys some of your interior but not all, please contact me regarding the rest. :)

Cheers,

Tony

18. 2dinos

2dinos F1 Rookie

Jan 13, 2007
    Aren't the original grill the leather wrapped over thin board material with a bunch of holes? I recall they kill the sound quality.

19. Tony K

Tony K Formula 3

Jun 7, 2006
    Toledo, Ohio
    Full Name:
    Tony K.

That might be what mine has; above description was going from memory/not that close of a look . . . .

By the way, Boston Acoustic un-killed the sound quality on mine. :)

20. Dino246gt

Dino246gt Formula 3

Mar 26, 2007
    Winnipeg, Manitoba,
    Full Name:
    Dennis Ezmerlian
    Tony, I'll keep ya in mind about that interior. I know that those speaker "grilles" are really a bunch of holes in a leather covered board, or something like that, and since I don't want a sound system, I just want the door panels to look right. I don't think those would be easily made to look great, I wonder if there's some plastic panel, or thin metal with the holes approx. in the same pattern that I could cut to fit and spray paint to match, where to look for something like that, any ideas? Shoot me an e-mail at [email protected] and I'll send you some pictures of the "old" interior.