Anyone Considering a 308 QV? | FerrariChat

Anyone Considering a 308 QV?

Discussion in '308/328' started by t3thomas, Feb 18, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. t3thomas

t3thomas Formula Junior

May 9, 2008
    North Carolina
    Full Name:
    GThomas
  2. full_garage

full_garage Formula 3
    Owner

Feb 15, 2010
    Sarasota Florida
    Full Name:
    Jay
    #2 full_garage, Feb 18, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2010
    Hi all at Fchat- Jay in Boston checking in with Post #1.

I'm another Porsche owner (02 996 Carrera cab, 88 Carrera 3.2, 90 928S4) looking for a reasonably priced Ferrari.

Gary at Highline emailed me scans of receipts- Lots of little stuff like alternator belts done at the local Mobil station. Looks like the bulk of the early work was done up to the 30K at "Dynotech" in Minneapolis.

Belts and tensioner done done at 48K by JG Autowerks in Rochester in 07.

Certainly looks clean- Anyone in rochester want to inspect it in the flesh??

I'm like a lot of people shopping right now- with the prices of 348s and 355s so low it's tough to think of a 308 as a $30K car right now.

3. t3thomas

t3thomas Formula Junior

May 9, 2008
    North Carolina
    Full Name:
    GThomas
    Interesting finds on the receipts, maybe they can be used as a barginning chip for final negotiations. The color combination of the car is fairly unique and I don't believe I've ever seen a tan dash before. I would also think however that a well sorted 308 would be a better entry level F-car than a 348 or 355 especially if you plan on doing routine maintenance. I think that a 'major' on any of the others except the 3x8's and mondials require the engine to be pulled, adding significantly to the long term costs. Consider me bias though since I've got a QV.