Ordering 458 tomorrow | FerrariChat

Ordering 458 tomorrow

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Hawkeye, Feb 17, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Hawkeye

Hawkeye F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2009
    #1 Hawkeye, Feb 17, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2010
    Got the bat signal today for a May build 458. Received a 16 page and 36 page options catalogue filled with modis codes to make tomorrow go a little easier. I will keep you posted on how it goes, but this is good info and a positive sign for the rest of my fellow F-Chatters in the USA!

Chad

2. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    Chad,

I thought you were going to wait for the Spider. I knew you couldn't wait.
    Well let us know all the updates and colors.

Best,
    Tony

3. Hawkeye

Hawkeye F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2009
    I had every intention on waiting, just like bdelp :) Then, over the past month, we have been bombarded with really fun information. Nope, couldn't wait. I'm having difficulty with exterior color at the moment.

4. jeff

jeff Formula 3

Feb 19, 2001
    North America
    You must be the first person in the US to order a 458. Congratulations. Let us know the pricing if you can.

5. Hawkeye

Hawkeye F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2009
    #5 Hawkeye, Feb 17, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2010
    I will give you the scoop tomorrow afternoon. There must be others out there, I'm sure I'm not the first in the USA. He did mention qualification sheet that must be filled out tomorrow along with the order, meaning that FNA is leaving it up to dealer regarding who gets first allocation per territory but there are answers required on why, for example, I'm getting car #1 in this territory (loyalty/cars owned/bio etc…) which I think they have written.

If there is some sort of trickery going on here, as in, "I meant to tell you it was a list you could get on" I will let you know. That was not the case, he said, "congrats, you get car #1 in this territory, let's order it tomorrow morning for a May 2010 build and here are all the 2009/2010 modis codes for USA 458's."

I'll report back tomorrow, but I highly doubt I'm ordering a car before a California or Las Vegas dealer/customer. That's hard to believe.

6. -EZtrader-

-EZtrader- Formula Junior

Mar 16, 2009
    Congrats! - please keep us posted

7. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    Congrats regardless, are you leaning towards Black? Are you going to go with Daytona Style Seats or more of the Scuderia Style?

8. Hawkeye

Hawkeye F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2009
    Exterior Color is a tough one, decision may be made tomorrow. Interior seats may be standard but I like the racing seats as you still get leather bolsters & headrest but alcantara in middle and carbon back/sides and I like the leather stripe in contrast color that runs the length of the racing seat as extracampanario.

There is an optional smoking kit for passenger compartment, kind of an odd thing, eh? Rev counter is black as standard, white, yellow and red are all options. They have also determined that front and upper dash cannot be Beige, Sabbia nor Crema due to windscreen reflection that could cause accident. So, if you choose beige interior, you need a black dash or another color.

9. DM18

DM18 F1 Rookie

Apr 29, 2005
    Hong Kong
    congrats!!! exciting

10. rossi

rossi Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2004
    True. But red and yellow are a no-cost option, for white they'll charge you extra, at least in Europe.

11. Esoteric Auto Detail

Esoteric Auto Detail Formula Junior

Dec 14, 2008
    Columbus, OH
    Congratulations Chad! I look forward to hearing the update on your final configuration.

12. FerrariMC

FerrariMC Formula Junior

Mar 2, 2006
    Allentown, PA Area
    Full Name:
    Mark C
    First of all, congrats on the 458, I read the thread so far and it's nice to find out the details on the ordering process. Where are you from if I can ask? It's nice that we can all live vicariously through you until we get our own Ferraris, very interesting, Grazie! Let us know as much as possible, within reason, because it's very cool to see every detail that goes into ordering a 458. Thanks for your time, we all appreciate it!! Forza Ferrari!!

Mark

13. isuk

isuk F1 Rookie

Nov 11, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Iain
    Be careful. The standard finish for the race seat is leather all over. You need to order the alcantara centre sections as special equipment ;)

14. ferrariluk

ferrariluk Formula Junior

Apr 5, 2006
    and I can't believe Alcantara cost more money

15. shawsan

shawsan Formula 3

Jul 2, 2004
    Vancouver, Canada
    Don't understand how you could be spec'ing out a 458 when Ferrari hasn't officially announced the MSRP for the US. This would imply that once you've chosen your options and a price is tallied up, that YOU would become the source of the USA 458 price for all us keeners across North America. Is this the way its worked for other new models in the past, like the California or 599? Or do you think the official MSRP is about to be announced, in sync, with the first few spec'ing out their cars, such as yourself?

16. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Darn you! Congratulations. I had second thoughts also but I'm so happy with the F430 spider that I'm still waiting for the pop top version.

It will be great to see one running around the USA!

17. jeff

jeff Formula 3

Feb 19, 2001
    North America
    Dealers are relying on that their #1 customer doesn't care about the price right now. Pricing will come later. Apparently every dealer in the US got to order one car. So there are a lot of people speccing their car today.

18. Hawkeye

Hawkeye F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2009
    Well, I just finished with the order and it's been sent to factory. About the price? You are correct, there is no price list as of today, but not having an MSRP or options price list has nothing to do with placing the order for a car. The price is the price. I'm not setting the price, Ferrari and FNA are setting the price.

I'm not the only one who ordered a 458 today. Most dealers got 1 allocation for the initial delivery into the USA and these orders must be submitted to FNA by noon tomorrow. In fact, someone out there could have a March or April build slot (who knows) but my car is a May build. I'm just saying that I'm not the only one, there should be others that have or will order their 458 tonight or tomorrow morning.

Shawsan, I realize it maybe tempting for you to call BS on this thread. I thought for a while before posting the order but I thought this would be a good thing in spreading the word to fellow F-chatters that things are moving along with the 458 in North America - in the spirit of why F-chat exists, to share experiences and information for the benefit of other Ferrari enthusiasts.

19. Execproducer

Execproducer Karting

Oct 4, 2004
    South OC
    Full Name:
    Lee
    Congrats! What color did you go with?

20. The Ape

The Ape Formula 3

Feb 28, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Ape
    I for one REALLY appreciate you letting us know. This is VERY exciting news!!!!!

Congrats and PLEASE keep the post coming......

Ape

21. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    Plus color of sport seats with alcantra inserts? The thin style optional 5 spoke sport wheels' to? It looks like you went for the carbon trim including steering wheel on the 599. Same deal with the 458? Thanks for sharing your Ferrari experience...
    CH

22. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Yah... give us the scoop. How did you option it?

23. BLAMPEE

BLAMPEE Man Card Status: Never Issued

I can't wait to see a TdF Blue 458!!!!

:D

24. Hawkeye

Hawkeye F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2009
    EXT: Rosso Corsa
    INT: Nero
    Brake Calipers: Aluminum
    Seats: Special Racing, Rosso Central Leather Stripe, Red Stitch Cavallino's
    Stitching: Special, Rosso
    Carpets: Nero Alcantara
    Headliner: Nero Alcantara
    Alcantara Boot Carpet: Nero
    ARMC: Armrest, Alcantara, Nero
    Carbon Fiber: Full Carbon Package (CIDL, CILR, DATR)
    Rims: Sport, Forged
    Tires: P-Zero
    AFS System
    Extinguisher
    Shields
    SATNAV
    PAC1: Rear Camera
    PEXS: Sport Sill Cover
    Black Rev Counter
    ELEV: Front Suspension Lift Package
    Spare Wheel

There are a lot of options and colors I liked but when I had to choose, this is what I went with. I have wanted a Rosso/Nero combo for a while now, so I took this chance to get it. Post or PM with any questions.

25. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Hmmm... front lift package. I didn't know it was an option. That would really help me.

Sounds wonderful. I assume when time comes it will be on a big bird rather than a slow boat!