Campos takeover confirmed | FerrariChat

Campos takeover confirmed

Discussion in 'F1' started by greyboxer, Feb 19, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
  2. jknight

jknight F1 Veteran

Oct 30, 2004
    Central Texas
    #2 jknight, Feb 19, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2010
    Thanks Jimmie - I just read that - sounds like a busy time ahead for them PLUS the Kolles R10 is on the entry list (of 40 cars) for the LMS test at Paul Ricard on 7 & 8 March plus two entries for the first race at Ricard in April...oop's I almost forgot - LeMans 24h too!!

Hopefully Adam Cooper with have an updated report for us.

Carol

interesting about Lopez

3. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    It's going to be really good to see Dallara race in F1. I'm glad they got things worked out.

4. aquapuss

aquapuss Formula 3

Sep 18, 2005
    "Over the next ten days we will review the entire operation, find the extra funding to ensure the team will make the first race in Bahrain, announce the line-up for 2010 in due time and make the operation viable under Jose Ramon Carabante's new ownership."

Maybe Kolles will write Santa Claus and ask for an early Christmas present. Hopefully these two chicanes don't cause serious race accidents in the beginning of the season.

5. jknight

jknight F1 Veteran

Oct 30, 2004
    Central Texas
    #5 jknight, Feb 19, 2010
    Here's the update from Adam Cooper http://adamcooperf1.com/

(perhaps Chad will come along and support Bruno)

Carol

from planetf1 last part..
    Bruno Senna, the nephew of the late three-times champion Ayrton, has already signed to race for Campos for this season.

However, with the team still desperate for funds, it is clear their second choice will have to pay for his seat.

Jose Maria Lopez, who signed for the other troubled newcomer US F1 just a few weeks ago, is understood to have held talks with Campos.

With US F1's own position seemingly in dire straits, and as Lopez has financial backing from his Argentinian government, there is every chance he may now switch teams.

Another possible source of significant funding could come from Karun Chandhok who, if appointed, would become the second Indian driver to race in F1.

...sounds like from this that the contract for Bruno could be upheld and a battle for second with the most money - what happens if Chandhok has the fatter piggy bank . . .

6. vinuneuro

vinuneuro F1 Rookie

May 6, 2007
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Vig
    I'd much rather see Chandhok race, he's actually got relevant experience.

Don't quite understand getting Kolles for principal. Force India improved quite a bit after Mallya fired him.

7. jknight

jknight F1 Veteran

Oct 30, 2004
    Central Texas
    #7 jknight, Feb 19, 2010
    I agree with you on Chandhok and perhaps Dr. Kolles is also furnishing some funds and he certainly has race personnel employed with his other irons in the fire. Time goes by, people change... who knows. Besides he might be the only person game enough for this challenge...to which he must be appaluded, especially based on his reports.

Carol

8. mousecatcher

mousecatcher Formula 3

Dec 18, 2007
    san mateo, ca
    so what exactly is different other than ownership changing hands? how will they be able to raise money now? since carabante was involved prior, why couldn't he raise money then instead of letting it get to this point?

9. jknight

jknight F1 Veteran

Oct 30, 2004
    Central Texas
    probably the reason is the now immediately departed other person

Carol

10. mousecatcher

mousecatcher Formula 3

Dec 18, 2007
    san mateo, ca
    yes, good point. the same holds for USF1 I imagine. As CompositesKen (from another forum) said, if the cancer could be cut out the team might still be viable.

11. jknight

jknight F1 Veteran

Oct 30, 2004
    Central Texas
    I'm sure it does! I don't think that even the most imaginative day time soap opera writer could come up with what's taken place this past week or so. There's still several twists and turns this drama can take within the next 20 or so days (20 being scrutineering on 11 March) - wouldn't it be interesting to know what Lopez's contract states?? that could be an interesting read....and now Steve Pruitt (Corsa Motorsports - the hybrid LMP1 car) has offered Lopez a seat if the F1 deal fails (on Lopez's facebook)....what's next??

Carol

12. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    +1

I dont quite get the sympathy for Lopez. The guy has zero qualifications for F1. He should not even be in it because he'd be a risk for the other drivers. The drivers complained about the dangers BADoer created by participating last year and that was somebody who actually had some F1 experience.

Superlicense should remain the ultimate ticket and shouldn't be given to the highest bidder.

13. mousecatcher

mousecatcher Formula 3

Dec 18, 2007
    san mateo, ca
    I was about to say I feel bad for Lopez and hope he gets the second seat at Campos, but after reading this I've changed my mind. You're right, he was never a viable F1 driver (talent-wise) and is only around now due to USF1's desperation. There's nothing to feel sympathetic about.

If he does get a Campos ride, it'll be ironic that USF1 put him there. I can't see how he could get any ride if he weren't in the news right now.

14. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    #14 tifosi12, Feb 19, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Holy macro?! A fellow FChatter changes his mind after reading something on here?

An absolute first!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

15. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    Nice! Good to know that if anyone has dental problems on the grid, Dr. Kolles will be there.

16. aquapuss

aquapuss Formula 3

Sep 18, 2005
    Apparently there is a lawsuit brewing that is seeking to nullify the takeover.

17. Modena360-66

Modena360-66 Formula Junior

Sep 25, 2007
    Perpignan, France
    Full Name:
    Nathan
    Finally some news:

Campos to be renamed Hispania Racing

Campos Meta 1 will change its name to Hispania Racing F1 Team before the start of the 2010 season next weekend.

Jose Ramon Carabante, who was formerly Campos team president, took over the outfit from Adrian Campos last month and installed Colin Kolles as team principal. Spanish newspaper Diario AS said the name change, which is yet to be formally approved by the FIA, will be unveiled officially on Thursday in the Spanish city of Murcia.

It is believed the event could also see the unveiling of the Dallara-built car's livery and the announcement of Bruno Senna and Indian Karun Chandhok as its drivers [...]

http://en.espnf1.com/campos/motorsport/story/9978.html

18. aquapuss

aquapuss Formula 3

Sep 18, 2005
    So, more than 10 days have gone from the bold pronouncement by Kolles and what have they got...a new name, Hispania Racing (WTF?). How about Lusitanian Losers? Not really their fault as they're just another F1 parasite incubated by Mosley. Maybe Univision wants to sponsor them?

19. Modena360-66

Sep 25, 2007
    Perpignan, France
    Full Name:
    Nathan
    #19 Modena360-66, Mar 4, 2010
  20. Modena360-66

Sep 25, 2007
    Perpignan, France
    Full Name:
    Nathan
    #20 Modena360-66, Mar 4, 2010
  21. aquapuss

aquapuss Formula 3

Sep 18, 2005
    Does anyone think that Scuderia Hispaniola will actually race in Bahrain?

22. 4rePhill

4rePhill F1 Veteran

Oct 18, 2009
    Worcester, England
    Full Name:
    Phill J
    Every time I read: HRT F1 team, My mind instantly thinks: "Hormone replacement therapy F1 team?". :D