New Ferrari, Alonso's best car ever! | FerrariChat

New Ferrari, Alonso's best car ever!

Discussion in 'F1' started by AlexO91, Feb 21, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. AlexO91

AlexO91 F1 Rookie

Sep 26, 2008
    NW England
    Full Name:
    Alex
    Fernando Alonso has described Ferrari's F10 as the best car he has ever driven, and says his new team hasn't even flexed its muscles yet in testing.

The double world champion spent most of this week's Jerez tests on long runs, and did not set the sort of headline grabbing, timesheet topping times that he and team-mate Felipe Massa had in the opening winter test at Valencia.

But Alonso ended the week brimming with confidence and warning his rivals that he had a car to fight for the title again.

"As of today, this is the best car I've ever had," Alonso was quoted as saying by Reuters.

"We will analyse the data, but we are very optimistic.

"As of today, if I were in a different team I would be looking at Ferrari because everything is going really well."

He shrugged off the 1m18.8s lap set by McLaren's Jenson Button yesterday morning.

"I think that someone showed his muscles today, while we didn’t," Alonso said.

The Spaniard reckons the final test at Catalunya in the coming week will reveal exactly where everyone stands.

“We’ll see in Barcelona - when we’ll show up with the latest updates – where we are compared to the others," said Alonso.

"Over these two days on the dry I could drive many miles and I’m satisfied by the car’s performance and reliability.

"The F10 is growing very well and there’s nothing that should worry us."

But he acknowledged that Ferrari still had improvements to make as well.

"Naturally we have to improve, because we’re not at the max, but we’re getting there," he said.

"Where we have to improve? There’s always something to do, but telling you would mean I’d be like a goalie telling you about his weak point so all the strikers would hit there!"

http://www.itv-f1.com/News_Article.aspx?id=47815

This bodes well for Ferrari's 2010 :).

2. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    I hope he's right but it's a little scary that he says there's still unlocked potential. If there's unlocked potential in the F10, there should be unlocked potential in McLaren, Mercedes, and the others too.

It is a good sign that the car is reliable though...

3. AlexO91

AlexO91 F1 Rookie

Sep 26, 2008
    NW England
    Full Name:
    Alex
    Yes, just depends on how much extra potential each team can get out of their car, and which team(s) need to make more potential to catch up to the other teams.

4. subirg

subirg F1 Rookie

Dec 19, 2003
    Cheshire
    Saying this is the best car he's ever had is certainly a good sign, and means the car handles nicely - but it doesn't mean the car will be fast... We won't know just how good this car is until the first race - fingers crossed for a pleasant surprise!!!!!!!!!

5. RWatters

RWatters Formula 3

Feb 21, 2006
    Kansas
    The last car he drove was the worst (per him). Perhaps it feels great because of that? lol

6. TurboFreak650

TurboFreak650 Formula 3

Jul 10, 2004
    Atlanta, GA
    Let's hope Alonso is right. Looking forward to some great battles, only weeks away now! :D