USA vs. Switzerland | FerrariChat

USA vs. Switzerland

Discussion in 'Sports' started by rob lay, Feb 24, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
  2. Fast_ian

Fast_ian Two Time F1 World Champ

Sep 25, 2006
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    Ian Anderson
    Did you get to watch it live?

[RANT]Out here on the left coast, it's delayed ~3 hours - S-u-c-k-s! - Gotta stay away from here (I've already experienced one unintentional spoiler), all the ESPN's (the scores are on their damn scroll) and the radio :( I'm now watching the SWE -v- SVK game btw...... Please don't spoil it ;)[/RANT]

Anyway, returning to topic, the boys did good - Congrats.

IMHO, we're watching some really, really good hockey - Great stuff, and no fighting allowed!

Canada also appear to have woken up.

The "San Jose Sharks netminding academy" also seems to have produced the "majority" of the goaltenders - Nabokov (Russia), Kiprussoff (Czech), Griese (Germany) and at least one other ex-Shark are doing pretty good.

Cheers,
    Ian

3. finnerty

finnerty F1 World Champ

May 18, 2004
    The Swiss are really giving the better teams a hard time in Vancouver !! Canada and USA both had trouble with them --- seems crazy, but that's the Olympics! Several great matches so far --- too bad NBC is more interested in Bobsled coverage ?!

4. Samimi

Samimi Formula 3

Oct 17, 2005
    North of the 49th
    Full Name:
    S.
    Amen! Gold, here we come.

5. nthfinity

nthfinity F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2005
    South East MI
    Full Name:
    Isaac not Issac
    I still can't believe NBC showed the 1080 broadcast of Russia v. Chech Republic, but NOT Canada V. USA!

Hopefully they will get a chance to do that again :) (And it def. looks that way!)

6. TexasF355F1

TexasF355F1 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Hell, they couldn't even show the CA vs USA on CNBC, let alone NBC. They used MSNBC.

Did anyone see the shot the other night, I believe Canada, made and the puck went straight through the net?

7. finnerty

finnerty F1 World Champ

May 18, 2004
    #7 finnerty, Feb 25, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2010
    Yeah, I always found it ironic that we (US) have the NHL (of course Canada still has 6 teams in there), and all the best players from all over the world want to play in the NHL --- but, although we have an adequate fan base here to sustain the market (BARELY), the "masses" in the US don't give a crap about hockey !!

Of course, the same "masses" don't care about F-1, skiing, or soccer, either......although the entire rest of the world sure does ----- I guess that means most Americans are "special" ?!

8. Samimi

Samimi Formula 3

Oct 17, 2005
    North of the 49th
    Full Name:
    S.
    Yes, Canadian Shea Weber ripped the mesh with his slapshot. That's one fast puck!