Goodbye Hummer | FerrariChat

Goodbye Hummer

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by 250californiafan, Feb 24, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 250californiafan

250californiafan Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 26, 2006
    Shawnee, KS
    Full Name:
    Kevin
  2. BT

BT F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 21, 2005
    FL / GA
    Full Name:
    Bill Tracy
    Good riddance to bad baggage!
    BT

3. 2NA

2NA F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner Professional Ferrari Technician

Dec 29, 2006
    Twin Cities
    Full Name:
    Tim Keseluk
    Kinda sorry to see it go, I always liked the H2 but I guess I was never likely to buy one new anyway.

It was a nice "over the top" touch that everyone on CSI Miami drives one. WTF? ;)

4. kosmo

kosmo Formula 3

Oct 19, 2008
    BIg D
    its not sad at all. the Mkt has spoken.

5. bcc

bcc Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 31, 2006
    DFW Texas
    Full Name:
    Brent
    #5 bcc, Feb 25, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  6. ferraripete

ferraripete F1 World Champ

you posted this before me! good riddance indeed!!

7. tundraphile

tundraphile F1 Veteran

May 16, 2007
    Missouri
    That is what I always wondered, why not put a small turbodiesel that meant the car could get 30 mpg on the highway. It might have been slow, but the image of a fuel-efficient small SUV would have been appealing and reversed the hatred of Hummer by the greenies.

8. ProRallyCodriver

ProRallyCodriver Formula 3

Oct 25, 2005
    Alexandria, VA
    Full Name:
    Dave Shindle
    If I had wanted a Hummer, I'd have asked your sister.

9. bounty

bounty F1 Veteran

Feb 18, 2006
    San Diego, CA
    When I see a Hummer driving down the road, I always asked in my head "Are we on the brink of WW3 or something...why does one need such an excessive vehicle for driving to the store?"

10. Bullfighter

Bullfighter Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jan 26, 2005
    Indian Wells, California
    Full Name:
    Jon
    What they said. Kind of an embarrassing chapter for GM, time to move on.

11. TommyJames

TommyJames Formula Junior

Mar 30, 2008
    I have an H2 and I love it. It's not my only car, and it's terrific off road. I've driven it cross country several times and it's a great ride. I just made it through that giant snowstorm that shut down I90 through all of Minnesota and South Dakota, cars were everywhere, yet that H2 stayed firmly planted and was the last car to get through Minnesota in that storm. I was extremely impressed. I'm not PC, I could give a crap what others think of me driving it. I like it and I'd buy another one.

12. Zack

Zack Formula 3

Dec 18, 2003
    Nicosia, Cyprus/Cali
    Full Name:
    Zacharias
    #12 Zack, Feb 26, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2010
    Ugly car driven by stupid people with no taste. Good riddance.

13. TommyJames

Mar 30, 2008
    You must drive a Prius or walk.

14. bounty

bounty F1 Veteran

Feb 18, 2006
    San Diego, CA
    Tommy,

My thoughts on someone owning and driving around in a Hummer in Minnesota and South Dakota winters is completely different than someone driving around in them on the streets of Miami or LA.

15. Bullfighter

Bullfighter Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jan 26, 2005
    Indian Wells, California
    Full Name:
    Jon
    I'm not all that PC either, but a lot of the H2s out here are blinged out rapper cars and not used offroad. I think they went from authentic offroad beast (H1) to fashion accessory pretty quickly, and the H3 was the end of the line.

You left out the "Not to overgeneralize, but..." part at the beginning of your post.

16. TommyJames

Mar 30, 2008
    Yea, especially with blingy low profile tires. I use mine as it was intended and I love it. Seems like regardless of brand, there are haters for everything and everyone.

17. Zack

Zack Formula 3

Dec 18, 2003
    Nicosia, Cyprus/Cali
    Full Name:
    Zacharias
    TommyJames,
    lol! No, I don't drive a Prius. Frankly, I like the H2 ok, it's not my favourite, but I don't hate it either. I think the styling is good, but a little ungainly from the sides, which seems to have been addressed with the H3. I just wanted to see if you really meant what you wrote, that you don't care what other people think.

Guess you weren't being entirely truthful.

18. boiseferrari

boiseferrari Formula 3

Nov 11, 2005
    Boise, Id.
    Full Name:
    Kriss
    Bye-bye. This does not make me sad at all. For H2 money I would buy a JK Wrangler with a 6.1 Hemi conversion and a warn 9000lb so I could pull all of the H2 drivers out of trouble. Lol

19. TommyJames

Mar 30, 2008
    What's popular in Cyprus?

20. TommyJames

Mar 30, 2008
    I was on i90 last year at your pass there between Idaho and Montana and the State Patrol waved me and the 18 wheelers through and didn't let anyone else in mid-size SUVs or smaller until they cleared the roads. It was a heck of a snow storm! Made me love the H2 all over again.

21. Zack

Zack Formula 3

Dec 18, 2003
    Nicosia, Cyprus/Cali
    Full Name:
    Zacharias
    Who cares? Small econoboxes, for the most part, same as rest of Europe. I don't really worry about what's popular or what other people think...same as you claim.

I have been inside a Prius once--I hated the owner more than the car. I am probably generalizing, but it seems driving a Prius is a way of signalling to the rest of the world that you can't drive. Probably fodder for another thread.

And I don't buy the bogus science behind man-made global warming. Probably another thread as well.

22. Zack

Zack Formula 3

Dec 18, 2003
    Nicosia, Cyprus/Cali
    Full Name:
    Zacharias
    You're awfully pissy about your H2, aren't you? Must you reply to everyone who says anything that is remotely negative? Why did you claim you didn't care what others think?

23. TommyJames

Mar 30, 2008
    Wow you're grumpy.

24. Zack

Zack Formula 3

Dec 18, 2003
    Nicosia, Cyprus/Cali
    Full Name:
    Zacharias
    Not at all. You, on the other hand, claimed you didn't care what others thought but then got real defensive when that was put to the test. It's a new day, see if you can get past the defensiveness about your stupid H2.

25. kosmo

kosmo Formula 3

Oct 19, 2008
    BIg D
    the "weekend update" on SNL last nite had a quick comment about Hummer.