360 Dead battery | FerrariChat

360 Dead battery

Discussion in '360/430' started by hawaii1, Mar 2, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. hawaii1

hawaii1 Karting

Oct 29, 2005
    #1 hawaii1, Mar 2, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2010
    Hi guys,

I have a 360 spider stored in my garage during the winter season. It is usually 0 to -25 C at my area in Canada. I had Deltran battery tender plugged in at all times, but for some reason it failed to charge the battery, which I suspect it is defective. I tried another battery tender to charge the battery, but I think the battery is dead by now.

My problem now is I can't open the front trunk to get access to the owner's manual. Also I can't open fuel hatch to add fuel stabilizer to the tank without deactivating the alarm via battery power.

My question to fellow 360 owners, can you please tell me how do I manually open the front trunk and fuel hatch without battery power? Do you know where are the second emergency manual switch or levers located?

Thanks for your help.

Bob’s 360 likes this.
  2. away

away Formula Junior

Aug 5, 2004
    Lansdale, PA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    For the front trunk, there's a "T" release handle under the drivers side dash area where your knees would go. It's tucked up in there, so just look around.

The fuel door manual release is back in the engine area, and without my manual I can't say for certain exactly where it is. Surely on the left side and perhaps around the tail light area?

Hope that helps a little.

Bob’s 360 likes this.
  3. ONEOFEW

ONEOFEW Formula Junior

Jan 19, 2006
    LA
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Manual trunk release is under the dash (driver side) there is a pull cord that will manually unlock the trunk.
    As for the fuel door, if there is any manual release cable it will be in the engine compartment (again on the driver side) near the tail lights or in the rear wheel well.

Bob’s 360 likes this.
  4. Apple Sauce

Apple Sauce Formula Junior

Jun 30, 2008
    Wide Open Throttle
    Full Name:
    Vic
    On a 360, the manual trunk release is under the steering column.
    The manual gas release is under the engine-hood-bonnet on the left hand side.
    Maybe someone else can provide a picture that will direct you to the cable release.
    Ferrari has an emergency release for the engine hood under the gas door for the opposite emergency situation.

—Vic in Seattle

Bob’s 360 likes this.
  5. ttdang123

ttdang123 Formula Junior

Nov 28, 2009
    North San Diego CA
    Full Name:
    Tung
    #5 ttdang123, Mar 2, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Here are the pictures of the trunk and the gas cap as described by AppleSauce.

The first picture is for the trunk.

The third picture is for the gas cap: Look for the handle inside the biggest slot (out of three)

Good Luck.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Bob’s 360 likes this.
  6. hawaii1

hawaii1 Karting

Oct 29, 2005
    ttdang123, Apple Sauce, ONEOFEW, away

Thank you very much guys for your help! The pic does also helps more easily. Your time to reply to my request is greatly appreciated!!

7. paulie_b

paulie_b F1 Veteran
    Consultant Owner

Jan 13, 2003
    Jupiter, FL
    Full Name:
    Paul Bianco
    you did not mention if the doors were locked.

8. andrew911

andrew911 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 8, 2003
    Northern NJ
    Having the easily accessable manual pulls is something that Ferrari actually did right!! You don't have to remove panels or anything....in fact most of the time I've had to go into my trunk the car was off and I just use the manual pull- it's easier than putting the key in the car and using the button on the center consol!

9. tx246

tx246 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Shawn
    The battery is in the passenger footwell..... if you have acces to the interior (you should by key even if the alarm/coded system is dead), you can use the door key, open the door and recharge the battery..... the screws are a pain in the butt, but not much option....

If you have an original Fiamm battery, chunk it and get something new. My Fiamm battery was replaced several times under warranty, including before delivery because the car could stay alive and trust me, I drove it several weeks straight when it was delivered