GOING TO MONZA | FerrariChat

GOING TO MONZA

Discussion in 'F1' started by reelees, Feb 28, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. reelees

reelees Karting

Aug 28, 2008
    Eagle lake, Florida
    Full Name:
    Cassius Rees
    I am going to monza this year and was hoping for some advice on tickets. Like best place to see the most action. And any things I should for sure do or not things not worth doing.

Thanks Cassius

2. RP

RP F1 World Champ

Feb 9, 2005
    Bocahuahua, Florxico
    Full Name:
    Tone Def
    I love the S/F lline opposite the pits. Compared to circuits like Mid Ohio, Monza is not that spectator friendly, that is why I prefer opposite the pits. First turn would be interesting, but then its over so quickly each lap. That's why I like the S/F and the pits. Some action other than the one time each lap they pass you.

But piss before the race starts, sit high, and do not park infield. Long story.

3. jknight

jknight F1 Veteran

Oct 30, 2004
    Central Texas
    #3 jknight, Feb 28, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2010
    do a search as there's much contained in those treads - it will save you lots of time and you'll get your info more quickly - I'll have to disagree with ron's comment about Monza not being spectator friendly - it certainly is - especially at Ascari - (we've been to multiple LMS races there where you can sit anywhere you want, we tried all the stands.

Carol

4. rpantoja0

rpantoja0 Rookie

Jul 21, 2004
    #4 rpantoja0, Mar 2, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2010
    Last year I stayed at the end of the main straight (Tribuna Alta Velocita 6a). I have no complaints. It does NOT have any luxury - it's an uncovered grandstand with a good view to the strong-braking 1st chicane. There was a big screen in front the grandstand of good quality.

I stayed in Milan next to the Central Train Station and took the 15min train everyday. If you do the same, be prepared to walk a little bit from the train station in Monza to the track, as it is located inside a big park called Parco di Monza...

Beers were very expensive (6 euros each!), but given that I am Brazilian, I ran with pleasure all the way down the main straight to get a bit of champagne from Barrichello's 1st position :)

Also see:
    http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=238632
    http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=227663

5. rpantoja0

rpantoja0 Rookie

Jul 21, 2004
    #5 rpantoja0, Mar 2, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    A few low-res pics below. Also see this vid I made: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFzG8fh81dY
    I remember that buying the 3-day to this grandstand ticket allowed me to stay at whatever grandstand I wanted on Friday. I went to Ascari and Parabollica - amazing!

And I must give the advice - try to visit Pagani @ San Cesario Sul Panaro, Ferrari @ Maranello and Lamborghini @ Sant'Agata Bolognese. The 3 are ~2 hours to the south via highway "A1". Unforgettable.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

6. reelees

reelees Karting

Aug 28, 2008
    Eagle lake, Florida
    Full Name:
    Cassius Rees
    thanks for the info

Cassius

7. stuckinkuwait

stuckinkuwait Formula Junior

Jul 25, 2004
    Northern New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Lenny S
    my seats were at Ascari B. They are covered and you have a big screen TV in front of you. I liked the seats. Buy the 3 day pass and walk the pits on Thursday afternoon! I got some awesome pictures of Hami, Kimi and Kubica. I also was lucky enough to have Kimi sign my hat. Stayed near the train station so it was an easy commute to Monza. Dont stay at the Hotel Mazzini.