$25k 328 on Craigslist | FerrariChat

$25k 328 on Craigslist

Discussion in '308/328' started by Doug, Mar 3, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Doug

Doug Formula 3

Nov 13, 2003
    Louisville KY
    Full Name:
    Doug
    Decided I would pass this on because my father can't get there to look at it for me first and I don't have the time to fly down. Talked to the owner. Car has 80k and he has owned it since almost new and drives it every weekend. The same mechanic always worked on it. If you want a nice looking driver, this sounds like a great 328. FYI, the guy speaks with a heavy Italian accent so he can be a little hard to understand but is a nice guy.
    http://miami.craigslist.org/pbc/cto/1626215533.html

2. eulk328

eulk328 F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2005
    Full Name:
    F683
    I didn't like this part of the ad too much: "THIS CAR WILL NOT LAST " :)

3. CliffBeer

CliffBeer Formula 3

Apr 3, 2005
    Seattle, Washington
    Full Name:
    Cliff
    #3 CliffBeer, Mar 3, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2010
    Hhhmmmm....

"all fleabay and craigslist cars are junk"
    "you get what you pay for"
    "only buy from established dealers"
    "get a (1,000 point) PPI"
    "walk away if it doesn't have service records"
    "there must be something wrong with it"

Now thats been said, looks like a nice 328 for a very attractive price. Personally, mileage and service records don't mean anything to me as I can evaluate condition on my own pretty precisely and quickly, but that doesn't work for everyone so a PPI of reasonable scope if probably wise. If nothing else, try to get compression/leakdown #s and check the body for rust.

You might be able to get a really good car here for a really good price!

4. Will

Will Formula Junior

Nov 12, 2004
    Raleigh, NC
    well, it's either the best deal on the planet, or the car has problems and they're trying to get rid of it.......chances are it's.....

5. GrayTA

GrayTA F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 25, 2006
    Deep South
    Full Name:
    PDG
    A 328 at $25k? I would certainly jump at it if I were in the market. It looks good, and yeah, might need some work, but that could be a fun killer car.

PDG

6. Doug

Doug Formula 3

Nov 13, 2003
    Louisville KY
    Full Name:
    Doug
    I spoke with Tony about the car. He has owned it since '89 and he drives it every week, thus the 80k miles. He said he has another coming from Italy so he is selling this to make room. He said he had a major service done @ 10k ago. Didn't sound fishy to me. He drove it, maintained it, and enjoyed it.