detailing | FerrariChat

detailing

Discussion in 'Chicago' started by sdiamond, Jan 4, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. sdiamond

sdiamond Formula Junior

Mar 25, 2009
    Kildeer
    Full Name:
    Steve
    I know it's a little early to think about this, but has anyone had a great experience for a Spring detailing shop locally? I've done some by hand this year but I'm wondering about a professional shop to really clean up and polish the exterior and I should think the carpet needs a good shampoo as well. Aside from the dealers, what about Autowerks or others?

2. drgek

drgek Formula 3

Jun 21, 2004
    Full Name:
    Gary
    Where in the area are you?

3. silver1331

silver1331 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 9, 2009
    www.jasonsautospa.com

jason is great, you can drop it with him or he can pick up and deliver your car back. He does a fantastic job!

4. SKNKWRX

SKNKWRX Formula Junior

Mar 25, 2009
    I second Jason he did my Gallardo and my R32 and my precious 4Runner is next now that he has given me faith. Top notch work.

5. sagekilz

sagekilz Karting

Aug 21, 2008
    Bensenville, IL
    Full Name:
    Jeremy Sus

We at Continental Auto Sports have one of the best detailing spa's in the area and we have many different packages to choose from.

Contact Taylor or Scott in service for more information.

6. sdiamond

sdiamond Formula Junior

Mar 25, 2009
    Kildeer
    Full Name:
    Steve
    I live in Kildeer, in the north west suburbs just east of Barrington and 15 miles west of North Shore

7. drgek

drgek Formula 3

Jun 21, 2004
    Full Name:
    Gary
    #7 drgek, Jan 6, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2010
    Right near you, at the southwest corner of 45 and 83 in Mundelein (right behind the Shell station), is the Sunshine Auto Spa. Paul Lawrence has been doing my cars (Ferrari x 6, Lambo, Aston x 2, Maserati x 2, Porsche x 5) for years. He does a fantastic job and it's right in your neighborhood. I'm just a little bit east of you in the northwest corner of Buffalo Grove, just east of Route 83 and north of Route 22. Paul's phone number is (847) 837-0325.

8. badges2

badges2 Formula 3

Nov 6, 2008
    Geneva, IL
    Full Name:
    Neil
    #8 badges2, Mar 3, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2010
    I'm looking for an quality wax for my Porsche in the Geneva/St. Charles/Batavia area. I really need someone to get out 10 years of swirls and scratches who knows what they're doing (Not me!) Any suggestions for the far western suburbs? Thanks!

9. adam76

adam76 Karting

Aug 28, 2008
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Adam
    +3 for Jason, awesome work, and super convenient pickup\drop off service...he just did my SL before its trip to FL!

10. RDzingel

RDzingel Karting

Jan 16, 2008
    What's the ballpark $$$ for these types of high-end details?

11. blabardi

blabardi Formula Junior

Dec 4, 2007
    Downers Grove, IL
    How bad is it badges? I've always found that a good coat of Zymol cleaner then wax solved most similar problems. Pick some up and we'll have a spring waxing party at my house!

12. JohnnyS

JohnnyS F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 19, 2006
    Illinois
    Full Name:
    John
  13. sdiamond

sdiamond Formula Junior

Mar 25, 2009
    Kildeer
    Full Name:
    Steve
    I'm going to head over to Jason's on Sunday so he can have a look and come up with a plan. Supposed to be nice this weekend so it's time to think Spring!

14. 412monzaindy

412monzaindy Formula Junior

Mar 8, 2005
    Ontario Canada
    Full Name:
    PBI
    Continental did a real nice job on my BB512 before I had it picked up.

15. badges2

badges2 Formula 3

Nov 6, 2008
    Geneva, IL
    Full Name:
    Neil
    #15 badges2, Mar 6, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2010
    I clayed it yesterday and put a good waxing to it and removed most of the swirls. It's not horrible, just years of improper washing and waxing that need to be corrected. Griots Garage scares me because everytime I look at their catalog I can feel the money flying out of my wallet! Has anyone got any recommendations for a good 6" orbital? Griots has one that I've been eyeballing but I've been cheaping out for a while now.

Funny thing was while doing this, a neighbor pulled up in his black Corvette which was spotless. I mentioned how nice it looked and asked who he uses. He tells me he has THE guy, Jason! That Jason must be good, because he says everyone on his Corvette forum recommends him as well.

On a side note, how come there is no Detailing/Cleaning Section here on F-Chat?

16. adam76

adam76 Karting

Aug 28, 2008
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Adam
  17. INTMD8

INTMD8 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 10, 2007
    Lake Villa IL
    I thought I recognized your screen name from a Toyota board. Post up some pics of that 4Runner

:)

18. blabardi

blabardi Formula Junior

Dec 4, 2007
    Downers Grove, IL
    #18 blabardi, Mar 27, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Now that it's no longer too early to think about spring and detailing cars, I can highly recommend Continental's detailing services. This is the first time I have ever trusted someone other than myself to do the work and it came out great as evidenced below. Now, who wants to put in an offer on this spectacular looking vehicle?
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

19. badges2

badges2 Formula 3

Nov 6, 2008
    Geneva, IL
    Full Name:
    Neil
    I've got Jason coming out to my house on the 12th to detail my car and a neighbors Corvette. My neighbor could not speak highly enough of Jason and the job he's done on his car in the past. I'll update this post with my review.

20. clockem

clockem Formula 3

May 18, 2009
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Gary
    Jason is doing my Porsche this weekend and will post how it comes out. First time I will try him.

21. sdiamond

sdiamond Formula Junior

Mar 25, 2009
    Kildeer
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Neil, didn't you get out and wax her up last month? I'm dropping off mine at his place on Thursday and will probably pick it up on Saturday. 'Clockem', when are you dropping off the Porsche?

22. clockem

clockem Formula 3

May 18, 2009
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Gary
    Some time Friday afternoon. No set time yet. Will pick it back up on Saturday. Maybe I will see you there.

23. badges2

badges2 Formula 3

Nov 6, 2008
    Geneva, IL
    Full Name:
    Neil
    I did it myself and got the majority of swirls out. I just want to get it perfect to start out the summer with though!

24. clockem

clockem Formula 3

May 18, 2009
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Gary
    Just picked up my Porsche, Jason did a great job and looks better than new. Highly recommend him and a very nice person.

25. sdiamond

sdiamond Formula Junior

Mar 25, 2009
    Kildeer
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Picked mine up on Sunday AM. Absolutely amazing job and what a difference. Jason did both the interior carpets and leather as well as HUGE improvement of a clear coat restoration. I did all the glaze and wax, etc last year and thought it looked pretty good on a sunny day but here's the difference, while I could get a shine on the paint, it now looks like the car was just completely resprayed. There is so much more depth and it's hard to describe it but there is now a clarity to the color that is amazing. There is no way in the world that i could have done that. Jason's attention to detail is also fantastic, every little nook of old wax is cleaned out it's really suc a huge improvement and it looks beautiful. I also have to say that Jason is one of the nicest and most accomodating guys, the drop off and pick up kept changing for me and he was always happy to accomodate my schedule. Now I'm just hesitant to take it out, nah, just kidding, went for a long drive on Sunday just to enjoy the sunshine and the glare. Check out the Ferrari section at the website for pictures http://jasonsautospa.com/portfolio.php and click on filter new.