East Cobb Caffeine & Octane on 3/7: | FerrariChat

East Cobb Caffeine & Octane on 3/7:

Discussion in 'South Central - USA (TN, MS, AL, GA)' started by Gatorrari, Mar 2, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    Even as the snow falls outside (I heard someone on the radio this morning say "Kill the groundhog!"), it's time to think about Sunday's Caffeine & Octane at The Avenue East Cobb. With a real nice day forecast, and an extra hour of morning light before Daylight Savings Time takes it away for awhile, I expect an enormous crowd.

I always admire the way that certain marques like Porsche and BMW arrange to arrive together and park together. Last month there were 9 Ferraris there, but scattered all over the site. Why can't those of us who are going arrange to arrive simultaneously and park together?

I propose 8:30 as a target time for everyone to arrive. I hope to get there a few minutes earlier (a benefit of living only about 10 minutes away) and look for a block of empty spaces. When you arrive, just look for a red 328.

(If anyone else proposes a different meeting time, please speak up. I strongly recommend arriving no later than 8:30, but an earlier time might work even better.)

2. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    So, who's going to join me there at 8:30 AM tomorrow??

3. Zoom Zoom

Zoom Zoom Karting

Jul 15, 2006
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Bob
    I'll be riding shotgun tomorrow in my friend's Cobra 289...leaving Tucker at 8AM. Should be a great turnout.

4. kaamacat

kaamacat Formula 3

Jun 13, 2004
    Cumming GA
    Full Name:
    BobR
    We'll be there.....following Andy down.......Meeting up with Charles in his 930. (Should be there by 815)

5. kaamacat

kaamacat Formula 3

Jun 13, 2004
    Cumming GA
    Full Name:
    BobR
    Quite the turn-out.......I think we got there about 8:10-8:15 and the lot was packed......

Oh......on the way back (via Mansell) saw a georgous either 550 or 575 in yellow! (my favorite)

BobR

6. CharlesE

CharlesE Formula 3

Nov 19, 2007
    Johns Creek GA
    Full Name:
    Charles E
    saw the same car in the Kohl's parking lot by Centenial HS....then it headed down HBR towards 400.

7. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    Like I said, it was going to be crowded! I got there at 8:15 and already had to park at the far (east) end of the lot, and the lot was full by about 8:35. At that point people began to park in the overflow (west) lot, and that was full by 9:15! But people continued to arrive and drive around, looking in vain for a space. By 9:45 a few people began to leave and the (very) late arrivers began finding spaces (including a well-known purple Urracco). I think that next time I'll try to be there by 8:00.....

I will be posting photos starting this evening. Oh, BTW, because the first Sunday in April happens to be Easter, C & O next month will be on the SECOND Sunday, April 11. (But I bet that some die-hards will still show up on the 4th!)

8. Jdahlstrom

Jdahlstrom Formula 3

Feb 28, 2005
    Miami, Fl
    Full Name:
    Josh Dahlstrom
    It was a good meeting a few people from here.

9. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
  10. ppatel9

ppatel9 Formula Junior

Mar 31, 2008
  11. gmblack3

gmblack3 Karting

May 16, 2007
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Bryan Burnworth
    #11 gmblack3, Mar 11, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2010
    It was my pleasure to put some faces with names.

Thanks for the pics of the ACR. I was driving it that day and did not have a chance to take any pics. The car belongs to a very good friend/client of mine.