...a real classic Maserati! | Page 20 | FerrariChat

...a real classic Maserati!

Discussion in 'Maserati' started by wbaeumer, Feb 2, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Wolf

Wolf Formula Junior

Nov 17, 2003
    #2137, a car that has been advertised since the earth cooled, is coming up for auction in Monaco this April.

Regards

Wolfi

2. ColdWater

ColdWater Formula Junior

Aug 19, 2006
    bicoastal USA
    The natural outcome of over-ambition. Is it back together now with its new body (per Walter's post #139) or still in boxes ?

Coys 'Legende et Passion' rather than RM ? That says something.

Thanks,
    Don

3. billnoon

billnoon Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 22, 2003
    La Jolla, California
    Full Name:
    Bill Noon
    Dear Odin,

I do not know who you are but if I list a car as sold, it is sold. If it you see if for sale again with me it is because I bought or traded to get it back. Check your facts next time you post such dribble about my company.

I have been doing this for more than 20 years and seen your kind come and go many times.

If you have a constructive comment, question or request, ask me directly and you will be given fair open and honest answers always!

Bill Noon
    Symbolic Motor Car Company

4. wbaeumer

wbaeumer F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Mar 4, 2005
    Don,
    definitely with a new body.
    According to my infos the car is still unfinished!

Ciao!
    Walter

5. mairesse

mairesse Karting

Nov 20, 2009
    London and Cotswolds
    Full Name:
    Gordon
    Hi Odin,
    I read your comments with interest. I am the seller of 2189.
    I completely understand why you would wonder about my motivation for selling such a wonderful car. Equally I think we can all understand why, when my good friend Walter let me know it was available, I felt I just HAD to buy it. To me, it is the ultimate iteration of the 50's GT car both in aesthetics and performance. I promise it is a truly fabulous machine that has given me more pleasure than any other road car. So now, two years later, I have owned and experienced one of the finest cars in the history of motoring. Would I like to keep it? No, I would love to. Absolutely love to keep it. But when you own these cars, they sometimes take you to places you didn't expect to go. For me, it became a Maserati addiction and a racing addiction. However I have to be sanguine. I work full time, I travel 4 or 5 times a month, I only get 28 days vacation a year. I race a 200S, an Alfa TZ and a T33/3. I have 3 kids with number 4 due in 7 weeks. The car being on the market is simply a product of my life! So even though it was only a two year romance, was it good for the car that the owner drove it thousands of miles, shared it with friends, enthusiasts, took it on the track, allowed magazines and journalists acces to it and generally spread the Maserati word? I hope so. Sure, two years is too short. But for those two years - unlike a great many other fine cars of this era - a lot of people had a lot of fun. Now its someone else's time to have fun with it - I'll be on a racetrack somewhere!!
    Cheers

6. wbaeumer

wbaeumer F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Mar 4, 2005
    Mairesse,

you REALLY enjoyed #2189 over the last two years. The car found in you an owner and enthusiast who really deserved it after a line of previous owners who didn`t really know what to do with it other then driving the MM in it and/or using it as an investment only!

So I found it a real pitty that you have to let it go now. I can only hope that a new owner appreciate what he get.

See you in your 200S!

Ciao!
    Walter

7. hbuzz

hbuzz Rookie

Aug 10, 2006
    California
    Full Name:
    Roger Hoffmann
    Walter,

Regarding post 467, thank you for the update. If not Musso's car in period, did you find any other competition history for 2189?

Roger

8. wbaeumer

wbaeumer F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Mar 4, 2005
    #483 wbaeumer, Mar 7, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2010
    Yes, I have 4 confirmed races in which #2189 participated! I was contacted by Mick Walsh, editor of CLASSC & SPARTCAR, who wrote a very nice feature about the car for their next issue.

Ciao!
    Walter

9. hbuzz

hbuzz Rookie

Aug 10, 2006
    California
    Full Name:
    Roger Hoffmann
    Walter,
    Many thanks. I look forward to reading about it.

Roger

10. odin

odin Karting

Nov 22, 2007
    I'm sorry,
    was offline due to a small earthquake here.
    It didn't intend to attack anyone of you, with my provocative question, but I'm observing now for years the market and I saw many times the same cars, with the same dealers, or auction houses, over years. You can see them, everywhere, dealers, fairs, events, auctions etc, everytime declared as sold at all time high.
    Strange to me, that rare and desireble cars, are very difficult to sell and are needing years too, but 'Recreations', with many time made up stories, are selling.
    How someone, with the help of a make expert-broker-dealer, went to an auction, paid an all time high price for a car and can see since than many cars, for less then half as much, without taking action against the broker???
    Sorry, I doubt these stories and all this marvels.
    @ Bill, I think you are honest high price dealer, with many times wonderfull cars and good descriptions, but would like to discuss sometimes, two Alfas with you, where I have my doubts.

Regards
    Jorg

11. 3500 GT

3500 GT Formula 3

Nov 2, 2008
    USA
    Full Name:
    Gentleman Racer
    Jorg,....and your point is what?

~Regards

12. billnoon

billnoon Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 22, 2003
    La Jolla, California
    Full Name:
    Bill Noon
    Hi Odin / Jorg,

My full contact details are are [email protected] Direct mobile in the USA is 001 619 840 7811. If possible try and call my office during West Coast USA business hours from 9AM to 6PM. (I have a new baby boy and for the time being a patient and understanding wife. Not looking to push the limits on her patience with odd hour car calls at least until the little guy sleeps through the night!)

My old notes, files and photos of any vehicles I have had for the past six or so years are always available to anyone who asks. Prior to that my digital files are a bit sketchy. The only information I cannot and will not provide is who bought which cars, who currently owns them and what the selling price was. Asking prices are always public knowledge and in most cases I can go back through my records to find out on a specific date what we were asking for a specific car.

For the most part we remain an institutional seller with our cars being sold to the same dealers / brokers who then pass them on retail to their own clients. Our business has been primarily done this ways since the late 1980s even before Symbolic became our main location. Non emotional business sales to other dealers remain our primary business even with the changes in the markets these past few years.

I look forward to assisting you at anytime.

Cheers,

Bill

13. wbaeumer

wbaeumer F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Mar 4, 2005
    Has anybody more info about this car that was auctioned in Sweden in 1990?

Nik? Magnus?

Ciao!
    Walter

14. wbaeumer

wbaeumer F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Mar 4, 2005
    ooops...I meant #2188! Sorry....

Ciao!
    Walter

15. SFchallenge

SFchallenge F1 World Champ

Jun 28, 2004
    Sgp, KL, HK & London
    Full Name:
    Jon Wijaya
    Fascinating thread & fantastic pics/info. Walter, for 195Bhp & 850kg, that is amazing even by today's standard.

16. wbaeumer

wbaeumer F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Mar 4, 2005
    Yep, although most of the racing cars from that period had a quite good weight/power-configuration.

Ciao!
    Walter

17. Serenissma

Serenissma Formula 3

Apr 12, 2008
    Sweden
    Full Name:
    Magnus Andersson
    Sorry Walter i don't know anything moore. The car was in Sweden 21/10 1990.

Best regards!

Magnus

18. alfadoctor

alfadoctor Rookie

Oct 22, 2009
    Hi to everybody,

as far 2189, I have all the original documents of the car, including original Maserati invoices, etc.. Some of the information and pictures you have on that car, came from my archive. I had the opportunity to get these documents and pictures, from the Magi Diligenti family, the first owner of the car.
    Regards.
    Alfadoctor

19. wbaeumer

wbaeumer F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Mar 4, 2005
    #494 wbaeumer, Mar 26, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2010
    Alessandro,
    good to have you here.
    Yes, I got 2 photos from you of that car.
    The Diligenti-docs was in a file that came with the car when the German owner purchased it in 2004 and contacted me in 2006 for further research about his aquisition. I found other racing-photos of #2189 from some other events and via the other old registrations I could fill up many gaps.

Ciao!
    Walter

20. alfadoctor

alfadoctor Rookie

Oct 22, 2009
    Ciao Walter,

I've the Magi Diligenti file and it includes all the racing documents, beautiful photos, etc.
    I met the new owner during the 2008 Mille Miglia and I gave to him a copy of the original invoice of the purchase that is in the file.
    Ciao.
    Alessandro

21. wbaeumer

wbaeumer F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Mar 4, 2005
    Caro Alessandro,
    you met Mr. P. from Germany. He sold the car early summer 2008. I saw your photo-copies in the file that came with the car when I brokered it to the current owner.

Ciao!
    Walter

22. Luis Sereix

Luis Sereix Rookie

Mar 31, 2010
    My father Luis Sereix was the driver and the car was a 1500 color red wine until it was sold in 1950 back in Italy. That was his car and he used it every day to go to work also

23. Luis Sereix

Luis Sereix Rookie

Mar 31, 2010
    The 1500 at the Montjuich race 1949 was red so it could not be 055

24. wbaeumer

wbaeumer F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Mar 4, 2005
    Luis,
    to what car/post you are referring?

Ciao!
    Walter

25. ColdWater

ColdWater Formula Junior

Aug 19, 2006
    bicoastal USA
    Welcome Mr Sereix ! It would be a pleasure to hear more about your experiences and your father's with his A6 1500.

Walter, see posts 441 - 448 above. Mr Bellabarba identified the car raced by the elder Mr Sereix as #054.

Don