Out | FerrariChat

Out

Discussion in '360/430' started by myphillylawyer, Mar 7, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. myphillylawyer

myphillylawyer Karting

Feb 4, 2010
    Philadelphia
    Full Name:
    Dean
    #1 myphillylawyer, Mar 7, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  2. forgeahead

forgeahead F1 Rookie
    Owner

Sep 16, 2008
    Rocky Mount, NC
    Full Name:
    Ray
    Nice! It is nice for spring to be close enough to get the stallions out and breathing a bit.
    I had my 360 out last night. If only it was a bit warmer, the top would have been down!
    Enjoy life!

3. g4titan

g4titan Formula 3
    Owner

Feb 6, 2010
    Around
    Full Name:
    Nico
    Man that looks really sweet!

looking forward to the next thread on your FabSpeed setup!

4. reuland

reuland Karting

Jan 15, 2010
    tyler,texas
    Full Name:
    kurt
    Sweeeeet!!!!!!! I just pulled mine out of the garage as well. However, snow only kept my car in the garage one day- gotta love Texas! LOL!

5. myphillylawyer

myphillylawyer Karting

Feb 4, 2010
    Philadelphia
    Full Name:
    Dean
    I intend to do a whole thread with before and after pictures, dyno results, etc but suffice to say Fabspeed is amazing. The sweet sound before is now fricking amazing. When I get on it, it has a growl that forces a smile from anyone within a mile! And power... well lets just say that I picked up 20 to 30 more HP than a stock Scuderia. Now if only I could get from it what a professional driver could, I would be deadly. Happy days are here :)

6. 575Mike

575Mike Formula 3

Mar 11, 2004
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Michael
    How exactly did you pick up that much HP? Do you have dyno results?

7. RichardCH

RichardCH F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 16, 2005
    well before you do anything else mate, get it lowered, the wheel arch gap looks dreadful

8. fc2

fc2 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Nov 2, 2006
    Silicon Valley Ca.
    Full Name:
    Frank C.
    Nice!

I can't wait to hear more about the mods.

Frank

9. myphillylawyer

myphillylawyer Karting

Feb 4, 2010
    Philadelphia
    Full Name:
    Dean
    I wouldn't say dreadful and while I too think a lowering may improve the look I have to be mindful that I live in Philly not Switzerland and that means constant potholes and elevations which will tear the sh*t out of things that I would rather not have torn up. You know what I mean? We'll see maybe I could go a 1/2 inch and still make it practical for my real world.

Yes I have dyno results. Of course I have dyno results. This is Fabspeed. They did complete pre and post dyno runs and have the comparison on one graph.

10. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    Beautiful car, looks like mine with they yellow calipers. Gorgeous car,enjoy it in good health.

11. 575Mike

575Mike Formula 3

Mar 11, 2004
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Cool! Just visited their site. PM sent.

12. exotic_kingz

exotic_kingz Rookie

Oct 31, 2007
    wow,you guy's say adding a performance Cat pipe on the ferrari make's the difference...

I wonder what the header could do >;]

13. BusDriver

BusDriver Formula Junior

Mar 30, 2004
    Northeast USA
    Congrats on the new car. Please post driving impressions, and also details of your Fabspeed mods.

Best wishes

Jon

14. myphillylawyer

myphillylawyer Karting

Feb 4, 2010
    Philadelphia
    Full Name:
    Dean
    #14 myphillylawyer, Mar 7, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2010
    I got 50 hp! I got 20 to 30 over a stock scuderia out of my F430. This car is amazing now (not that it wasn't before) . It used to whine like a banchee now she growls like a vicious wounded lion and over 3500 rpm and its unbelievable. It took them 24 hours to do the work. They are geniuses. I wouldn't have anyone else do the tune. Seat of the pants impressions so far are that the car is incredibly faster in 2 places...off the line and above 5000 on the tach. It pulls strongly all the way to red line. I need a closed road or a track to really explore the vast possibilities that the car possesses.

Here is what I had done...headers, ECU, carbon airboxes with new filters, and the pipes from the muffler with valves and integrated stainless steel tips. I think that was everything.

This is my first Ferrari and I have so many questions myself. Do we have track days in the mid-atlantic region? Can I get some training on how to handle the car at Ferrari sponsored events? What is the service schedule? I currently have a little more than 3000 miles when should I be planning to have it next serviced? How often do others bring there cars in to have the oil changed?

Thanks,

Dean

15. Blue4reF1

Blue4reF1 Formula 3

Jun 12, 2007
    Plantation, FL
    Full Name:
    Blake Simon
    Got any interior pics? Would love to see another 6speed Fcar! Congrats and she's a beaut!

16. myphillylawyer

myphillylawyer Karting

Feb 4, 2010
    Philadelphia
    Full Name:
    Dean
    #16 myphillylawyer, Mar 7, 2010
  17. F50GT

F50GT Karting

Aug 16, 2007
    Northeast
    Full Name:
    Colin
    I am positive I saw you this past Saturday. I looked out of the window of the train when I was going into Philadelphia and saw a red F430 on the road. It was about 3:30 when I saw this car. You made my day! Your car looked spotless, especially because of how the light hit it. Beautiful car!

18. Alex@fabspeed

Alex@fabspeed Formula Junior

Dec 6, 2006
    Fort Washington, PA
    #18 Alex@fabspeed, Mar 8, 2010
    First off...I want to thank Dean for giving Fabspeed and myself the opportunity to work on this beautiful F430. I will be posting up pics and video within the next day or so documenting the entire install and dyno process.

Here is the dyno graph of Dean's car. These are the upgrades that were performed on his car

Fabspeed Headers
    Fabspeed Tips with Valves
    Fabspeed Carbon Fiber Airbox covers W/ BMC filters
    EVOMSiT Custom ECU Flash on Dyno
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

19. myphillylawyer

myphillylawyer Karting

Feb 4, 2010
    Philadelphia
    Full Name:
    Dean
    What a small world Colin. I was definitely tooling around and playing with the car...testing Jeremy's hard work around that time. Are you in the Philadelphia area? Thanks for noticing and reporting on your sighting.

20. g4titan

g4titan Formula 3
    Owner

Feb 6, 2010
    Around
    Full Name:
    Nico
    Dean, I think I'm sold! Will be working with FabSpeed to get my girl up to snuff :)

If I get up there we should hook up for coffee or something...

21. Alex@fabspeed

Alex@fabspeed Formula Junior

Dec 6, 2006
    Fort Washington, PA
    We will take great care of you and your car : ) When your ready just let me know and I will put you on the schedule.

22. myphillylawyer

myphillylawyer Karting

Feb 4, 2010
    Philadelphia
    Full Name:
    Dean
    Here is the youtube video of the entire upgrade process and sound checks with the improvements. The car is much faster and now breathes so much better. You be the judge...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwRrg7iT20s.

23. Carnut

Carnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Gladwyne PA
    Full Name:
    Morrie
    I have been using Joe's products on different cars for over 10 years, always pleased with the results, in fact my Gallardo has their full exhaust setup. I have talked to Todd at Evo about the ECU software a few times, and I am still debating it.

24. BusDriver

BusDriver Formula Junior

Mar 30, 2004
    Northeast USA
    myphillylawyer,

Regarding your modifications...
    - do you get a Check Engine light?
    - what about affecting the warranty?

Would appreciate your thoughts on the above as I am thinking of doing some of the same modifications

Thanks

Jon

25. myphillylawyer

myphillylawyer Karting

Feb 4, 2010
    Philadelphia
    Full Name:
    Dean
    #25 myphillylawyer, Mar 10, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2010
    Absolutely no check engine light. The car has operated without a hitch since the moment I picked her up from Fabspeed.

As for the warranty, I don't think it will be affected. I had a similar setup on my Mercedes E55 and it never had any negative effect on the car or warranty. I am sure that they will honor the warranty unless it can be proven that the mods caused some catastrophic loss. Since my experience tells me that that isn't going to happen I won't lose too much sleep over the what ifs. If they unreasonably deny me warranty service I know how to handle unreasonable people and companies. They don't call me MyPhillyLawyer for nothing :)

And if the mods do cause a catastrophic loss I know that Fabspeed would stand behind their work and make everything right. The truth is the car is probably safer with Fabspeed's headers than with the Ferrari OEM headers that had a known potential failure issue.