Live Oak Concours d'Elegance | FerrariChat

Live Oak Concours d'Elegance

Discussion in 'Louisiana' started by sparta49, Mar 11, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. sparta49

sparta49 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Mar 3, 2001
    LA
    Full Name:
    Frank
    #1 sparta49, Mar 11, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2010
  2. CarbBoxer

CarbBoxer Formula Junior

Oct 7, 2008
    Houston
    Full Name:
    PW
    Looks like fun.. I should be off weekend work duty by then.

3. cscott

cscott Formula Junior

Dec 31, 2002
    New Orleans
    Full Name:
    Chris Scott
    A fun event, I will be there.

4. Kent A

Kent A Formula Junior

Nov 15, 2004
    New Orleans
    Full Name:
    Kent
    It looks like a nice event. I wanted to go last year but I was out of town. I should be able to go this year.

5. mtmilam

mtmilam Formula Junior

Oct 24, 2009
    Lafayette, LA
    Full Name:
    Mark Milam
    We're going to try to make it also....Looks like a fun event.

6. Wildcatfans

Wildcatfans Karting

Sep 4, 2001
    Baton Rouge
    Full Name:
    Donny Bridges
    We'll be there as well, at least on Saturday.

7. PV Dirk

PV Dirk F1 Veteran

Jul 26, 2009
    Ahwatukee, AZ
    I'm working that weekend, won't be able to make it.

8. zumzum

zumzum Guest

Mar 2, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    Full Name:
    Jeff Cobb
    This second showing of Live Oak Concours d'Elegance http://www.liveoakconcours.org/ will be great due to its passion, momentum of past show and on its merit of its special guest and cars. For a second show this show has alot going for it. I hope that you all can be a part of it. Please tour my site and see if this is something that you like to be a part of. Jeff Cobb.

9. DMaury

DMaury Formula 3

Mar 27, 2007
    Ponchatoula, LA
    I'm in. Bringing the same three as last year. May need someone to help drive the 328 and/or 360 in. I am NOT doing the trailer thing three times like last year.

10. 4re Nut

4re Nut F1 World Champ

Mar 27, 2004
    N of NOLA
    Full Name:
    Steve
    I accept. :D

11. notbland

notbland Karting

Sep 1, 2006
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    Webb Bland
    Crap. I was looking forward to attending this year, but looks like I'll be in Atlanta for work that day. In my absence, I've got ask though... where'd the Saleen S7 come from in the Car Entry page? Is that an LA car?

http://www.liveoakconcours.org/Car-Entry-Gallery.html (near the bottom)

12. CarbBoxer

CarbBoxer Formula Junior

Oct 7, 2008
    Houston
    Full Name:
    PW
  13. zumzum

zumzum Guest

Mar 2, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    Full Name:
    Jeff Cobb

14. notbland

notbland Karting

Sep 1, 2006
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    Webb Bland
  15. DMaury

DMaury Formula 3

Mar 27, 2007
    Ponchatoula, LA
    LOL, I was just checking the pics for the cars registered for this year’s show and saw my three there. I still haven't registered them yet! Doh! Guess I better hurry up and do that. ;)

16. Garymyman

Garymyman Formula Junior

Sep 15, 2008
    New Orleans
    Full Name:
    Gray
    $40 entry fee is just insulting. Screw the elitists that run this operation. I know it's for charity, but making the entry price $20 and leaving an option to donate more would, in my opinion, give access to many more people and raise much more money for the cause.

17. sparta49

sparta49 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Mar 3, 2001
    LA
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Didn't see any elitest there but I did see many very nice and rare automobiles. Well worth the price of admission, nothing insulting about it.

18. DMaury

DMaury Formula 3

Mar 27, 2007
    Ponchatoula, LA
    I agree; you drop more than that on a dinner at Chili's. Plus, had free drink and food when you got in. I had a great time, but regret that I couldn't chat with you, Frank or Chris hardly at all; had a ton of old friends from my days growing up in Baton Rouge that kept seeing me. Had a blast! :)

19. CarbBoxer

CarbBoxer Formula Junior

Oct 7, 2008
    Houston
    Full Name:
    PW
    Maybe so. Maybe not. Perhaps you can contact Jeff Cobb and give your input.

Anyways- it was a great show with both local cars and cars from other states. Lots of cars that I've never seen before.

20. Ike

Ike F1 Rookie

Nov 4, 2003
    I can't believe I missed it. I was 5 minutes from there all day today and had forgotten all about it.

21. cscott

cscott Formula Junior

Dec 31, 2002
    New Orleans
    Full Name:
    Chris Scott
    Car owners paid more to show the cars. Their is nothing elitist about it. Jeff Cobb is not doing this for profit. He wants to raise money to help others survive cancer as his wife did. This is not his full time gig but an effort to bring together two things he is passionate about.

22. David Lind

David Lind Formula 3

Nov 19, 2008
    Full Name:
    David Lind
    ... and more power to him for the effort! I hope to be involved next year.

23. 4re Nut

4re Nut F1 World Champ

Mar 27, 2004
    N of NOLA
    Full Name:
    Steve
    source: http://www.businessreport.com/archives/daily-report/2010/apr/21/1581/

24. zumzum

zumzum Guest

Mar 2, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    Full Name:
    Jeff Cobb
    Gary,
    As C Scott stated, my second show was a fine unique showing of rare cars, music, opera, biplanes fly overs and my friends Tom Tjaarda, Piero Rivolta and Jacques Grelley flying in to participate.
    As D Maury wrote, your money spent at Chili's would be flushed that evening where as Live Oak Concours gave you an event that you would remember and revel in for years to come. Plus, the knowledge that your money went to help pancreatic cancer patients. So warm fuzzies everywhere.
    I found and have watched for years at Pebble and Concorso Italiano that by keeping the admission higher than normal and giving a better show that THE COMPLAINERS of cheap price and (I'll give money in the morning types) did not show and we wound up with a show of positive and happy people with beautiful cars.
    I am sorry that my show concept did not work out for you. Have you ever been to Amelia Island, Pebble or Concorso Italiano before?
    Keep in mind your speak of cost after you leave law school and go to help people in need.
    They will need your help then and maybe your fee will be compensated for what you provide. Please give them their monies worth.
    I want to thank so many of you that came and supported my cause and I do need and desire feedback of all levels so I will create a better show for April 17, Sunday, 2011.

Thanks for reading.

Jeff Cobb

25. mtmilam

mtmilam Formula Junior

Oct 24, 2009
    Lafayette, LA
    Full Name:
    Mark Milam
    I wish we could have made it. Conflict in schedule, but next year we'll be there with our 328.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Garymyman
    $40 entry fee is just insulting. Screw the elitists that run this operation. I know it's for charity, but making the entry price $20 and leaving an option to donate more would, in my opinion, give access to many more people and raise much more money for the cause.

What's he Talking about anyway.......GEEZUS, its just 40.00 bucks..for Charity..with nice cars... I know for a law student, that may be a lot....but after you graduate, you'll charge people 40.00 just to say "hello" on the phone :D