My car is here! Finally | Page 15 | FerrariChat

My car is here! Finally

Discussion in '348/355' started by Bee Jay, Jul 28, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. AceMaster

AceMaster Three Time F1 World Champ

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Bee Jay, it has been a while....I can feel your joy and enthusiasm :)

2. Bee Jay

Bee Jay Formula Junior

Apr 14, 2004
    Lompoc, Ca.
    Full Name:
    Bernard E. Jones
    I did change the tranny fluid when I changed the oil. I went with the Redline stuff Daniel recommended. The 1-2 crunch went away for a while, but it's back. Once the oil is warm, it goes away for the day. A set of 355 wheels would make us BFs forever. I see they pop up here occasionally, but they are usually long gone by the time I log on.
    Bee Jay

3. Bee Jay

Bee Jay Formula Junior

Apr 14, 2004
    Lompoc, Ca.
    Full Name:
    Bernard E. Jones
    #353 Bee Jay, Mar 12, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2010
    Hey PAP. Only eight smiles? You must be in love with someone else. Congratulations. I'm married now, your married now, so who is taking care of all the sexy ladies? That night club owner Roberto is still single, right? How is the car BTW?
    Bee Jay

4. Bee Jay

Bee Jay Formula Junior

Apr 14, 2004
    Lompoc, Ca.
    Full Name:
    Bernard E. Jones
    Roberto, How the heck are you? I was just talking about you to PAP.
    Bee Jay

5. PAP 348

PAP 348 Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    Thanks mate! :D:D

I think Roberto takes care of all the single ladies now. :eek::eek:

My Ferrari is going GREAT thankyou! :D:D

Going to take her for a drive tomorrow. Last nightshift tonite then 5 days off. ;);)

6. James-NZ

James-NZ F1 Veteran

Jun 26, 2007
    Hamilton, NewZealand
    Full Name:
    James
    Hey Bee!!!!

Great to hear you are still in love with her, and your married now too!! Man, must be a 348 thing!! Us 355 boys know better!!

Hope you are well brother!! :)

7. VTChris

VTChris F1 World Champ

Aug 21, 2005
    UH OHH! There goes the value :D :D You are gonna get PM offers for 20k, watch out :)

Yup, I drive it quite often these days. It was even spotted a Ferrari show :)

No, not enough interest in the 348 watch, but there is something in the works that should make everyone happy :)

Glad to hear you still love it! That's awesome! And I love mine too. Never get tired of it.

8. Night life

Night life F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 1, 2007
    The city that rhymes with fun in Canada
    Full Name:
    Roberto
    All good my man all good :), talkin to Pap huh, did he tell you he thinks I'm fat :mad: what a bastard.

Ha ha ha JK :D Hope life is treating you well, stay cool :cool:

9. JLF

JLF Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 8, 2009
    Dude??? I just looked at those first few pics when you got it off the truck. That car is absolutely stunning, I have a new hero and his name is BEE JAY!!! I hope to have one of those one day.

10. PAP 348

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    :eek::eek:

11. First Ferrari

First Ferrari Formula Junior

Jun 18, 2005
    Mahtomedi,MN
    Full Name:
    Christopher Reeves
    That is one cool looking car!

12. VTChris

VTChris F1 World Champ

Aug 21, 2005
    Hey Bee Jay,

My wife and I are trying to plan another little drive to booneyville :D

Dinner this time?

13. Bee Jay

Bee Jay Formula Junior

Apr 14, 2004
    Lompoc, Ca.
    Full Name:
    Bernard E. Jones
    Hi guys. Well it's been four years since I bought the 348 and I just rolled past the 40,000 mile mark. I just did the oil and filter change and I thought I'd check in. I've been busy with work, family, and modifying the Vette and the Porsche. I pretty much just drive and wax the Ferrari, but I do plenty of both. If the weather is nice I try to drive it cause I just love driving the 348. Four years and the car still turns me on. We try to wear red on Fridays at work to show our support for the troops, everyone at work calls it Ferrari Friday cause I'll wear some red Ferrari parenphenalia and drive the car in. No major issues with the car.....yet. I am definitely not painting the lower part of the car red, the spoiler cathces hell, so it will stay black. No problems with the car. The gas guage is unbelievable, but when I roll past 250 miles on the odometer and the low fuel light comes on, I fill up. I wish the windows would go all the way down cause I cruise with my arm hanging on the door. I only get about 5,000 miles out of the rear tires and I'm on my third set now. The alignment is within specs but I'm thinking about taking some negative camber out. I put 275/40 17 tires on the rear and that really improved the handling. Still hoping to put 355 wheels on someday. The car sounds great with the Tubi and gutted cats and everyone knows when Bee Jay is out and about.

Did Pap make us uncles yet? Is Mike still in Quwait? How is the night life Roberto? There is another familiar Ferrari chat chum on the Porshce 914 forum, but I'll let him speak up if he wants. He doesn't mention the Ferrari on the Porshe forum. Chris, are you driving your car? Did you design a Ferrari watch? Email me when you come up this way cause I don't get on this forum as often as I used to. Did Pap come to Cali again yet. That was fun when he came across the pond. Every time I think of how cramped it is in the 348, I think about big ass Pap in his.
    I'm still the only Ferrari owner in Lompoc, but there are three Daytona's in Santa Maria. We get together every once in a while at the Pismo Beach Coffee and Donuts. Tomorow is the European Concours in San Lois Obispo, so I'll drive the 348 up to that. Like I said, I love driving this car. It's summer here, so the targa top stays in the garage untill about October. The Concourso Italiano is in August and of course I'll be there again with the Ferrari. Maybe I'll see some of you there.
    Sylvia is fine, she thinks I'm just a little too car crazy sometimes.
    Check out my Porshe 914-6 conversion project here:
    http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=112239
    And you can see my Vette here:
    http://forums.corvetteforum.com/garage/1979-Chevrolet-Corvette-268-Bee%20Jay.html

Well, Happy Fourth Anniversary to me. I miss you guys. See ya.
    Bee Jay

14. PAP 348

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    Heya mate, nah..........still trying. :(:(

Lol, still havent made it back to Cali again. Nicole aint keen until we have baby Pap. :eek:

Looking forward to it though, that's for sure. ;);)

Also good to hear your 348 is going well. As is mine, after 6 yrs I still REALLY enjoy that car. Was hoping to drive it today, but I was busy working on every other car today. So maybe tomorrow. :D:D

Great to hear!! Please pass on my love to her. :)

Hope you have a good one mate!! Good to hear from you again. :):)

15. Bee Jay

Bee Jay Formula Junior

Apr 14, 2004
    Lompoc, Ca.
    Full Name:
    Bernard E. Jones
    Pap, 68,000 posts? I thought marraige would cure you. You have more posts than I have miles. But then that has made you an international celebrity. Everyone loves PAP. If you make it back over, be sure and let me know. I would love to see you again and meet Nicole.
    Here is a Pap smile.
    Bee Jay

16. 350HPMondial

350HPMondial F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 1, 2002
    18 mi from the surf,, close to Pismo, CA
    Full Name:
    Edwardo

Bee Jay,

Happy 4th anniversary.. the 348 is my Fav late model Ferrari.

LOL
    If I move to Lompoc,, I will be the 2'nd owner there.
    ;)
    As soon as I get my car running,, I will meet you guys in SLO.

Edwardo

17. PAP 348

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    Lol, cheers mate!! I will let you know for sure! :D:D

Take care now and talk soon. :):)

18. Bee Jay

Bee Jay Formula Junior

Apr 14, 2004
    Lompoc, Ca.
    Full Name:
    Bernard E. Jones
    And I'm still loving it. I drove the car to work this week to celebrate. My new daily driver is a red Porsche Boxster S, but the Ferrari is still everyone's favorite. Anyone going to Concourso Italiano? I'll be there. Just look for the 348 with the Obama sticker in the rear window. Hey Pap.
    Bee Jay

19. vincent355

vincent355 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 8, 2003
    Wine Country
    Full Name:
    Vincent
    348 is a special car! Glad to hear you're still loving it!

20. ALPINE6SPD

ALPINE6SPD Formula Junior

Nov 18, 2006
    NJ
    I read all of your posts from the beginning and loved every second of it. You have a great story and some amazing vehicles. The vette is really amazing (and my favorite color) and it muts be an amazing drive. I was sorry to hear about your porsce 914. I have always loved 348's and yours must sound amazing with Tubi and gutted cats. I like your 348 with the black lower sections unpainted actually. 355 wheels also really look great on 348's for sure. How about some new pics for us? Dont forget interior pics. Im glad you still love the car because that is what it is all about. I hope your wife is doing well also. Even though I havent met either of you it is obvious you too are a great couple and very happy together.

I have been a HUGE ferrari fan since I was about 8 years old and they have always been my favorite of all exotics. I hope to one day own my gated 430 but it wont be until im retired in a long long time and the car is 30+ years old because by then I should be able to afford it lol. I want to own the last mid engined gated ferrari. After reading your story I am sure I would feel the same way as you if I had a ferrari and hopefully one day I will know that feeling. Best of luck with everything in the future and thanks for the great posts!!

21. Bee Jay

Bee Jay Formula Junior

Apr 14, 2004
    Lompoc, Ca.
    Full Name:
    Bernard E. Jones
    Hi guys!

For Christmas my wife Sylvia bought me some Yoshi Shields. Thanks Todd Cannon. Then I bought a set of 355 wheels from Smokdu. So this is what my 348 looks like now.
    Also, I weighed the wheel tire combos. 348 front wheels and tires weigh 54lbs, while the 355 front wheels and tires weigh 46lbs, an 8 lb. difference. The 348 rear wheels and tires weigh 60lbs and the 355 rear wheels and tires weigh 55lbs each, for a 5 lb difference. So I'm losing 26lbs of unsprung weight.
    Bee Jay

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

22. Bee Jay

Bee Jay Formula Junior

Apr 14, 2004
    Lompoc, Ca.
    Full Name:
    Bernard E. Jones
    I'm celebrating seven years of 348 ownership by going to Concourso Italiano Friday. Who else is going? See you there.
    What's up PAP?
    Bee Jay

23. brent Lachelt

brent Lachelt Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 6, 2003
    Brownsburg, INDIANA
    Full Name:
    Brent R.Lachelt
    Congratulations on the 7 years! Have fun and post some 348 pics on Friday :)

24. John_K_348

John_K_348 F1 Rookie

Sep 20, 2013
    Boston, MA
    Full Name:
    John E. Kenney
    Awesome thread Bee Jay! I hope to join the brotherhood in the next couple weeks. Wish me luck, pray, and keep your fingers crossed. Props on the old school funk. I did 4 years AFROTC but mustered out on Graham-Rudman back in 88. Missed getting called back up for the first gulf war by less than 6 months. Now I am shopping for a Ferrari. Thank you Jesus! :D

25. PAP 348

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    Wonderful! Wish you all the best with it John! :)

Be sure to post pics when you pick her up. ;)