chip guard | FerrariChat

chip guard

Discussion in '308/328' started by lostbowl, Mar 12, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. lostbowl

lostbowl Formula 3

Apr 30, 2009
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Tom
    The snow is almost gone and I want to re-paint before good weather arrives, My question ,to the forum, is whether or not the rockers came with chip-guard from the factory? I have anguished all winter on the subject of re-painting, from twenty feet she looks showroom but when one looks close the checking on the front end is bad. There isn't any checking anywhere else on her body so my intention is to paint the front clip and doors. Another question is wether or not Ferrari Nero is a special mix or are all blacks the same? Any comments are always appreciated, this forum is the best. lost

2. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Yes....I can measure my cars to give you the exact dimensions, across the front spoiler, down the rockers, then it jumps up a little higher behind the rear wheels.....

Spray Shurtz is what you are talking about....

3. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    For our years, black is black......

A little later, metallic black was introduced.

4. lostbowl

lostbowl Formula 3

Apr 30, 2009
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Thanks TEX, I don't need the dimensions because mine has the chip-guard but I am going bare metal so I will replace it since it was there from the factory. lost

5. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    You can see the lines then, and see what I mean???

The only place to get lost is on the front spoiler.....a lot of them have maybe been sanded smooth but on my Boxer trim cars the whole front face is treated and rightfully so.

On my metal valence I could pull some good measurements...it's over in Austin tho......hiding out....

6. lostbowl

lostbowl Formula 3

Apr 30, 2009
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Tom
    After close inspection I may just re-paint everything from the parting line up. Like so many things on this car the chip guard is in near perfect condition. In reality the only parts so far that looked like they were 27 yrs. old were the idler bearings and the paint on the front end. I have replaced so many items that could have gone several years longer. After so many years of not having a 308 because of the horror stories I kick myself for not buying one sooner. thanks, Lost