Beru TPMS Valve Stems for the 575M/SA | FerrariChat

Beru TPMS Valve Stems for the 575M/SA

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by tazandjan, Mar 11, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    #1 tazandjan, Mar 11, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Several of us recently went through an exercise of determining which Beru TPMS tire valves went with the wheels on the 575M 18" and 575M/SA 19" wheels. For US/Cdn cars, RDE 004 433Mhz TPMS dark brown sensors, and for Euro cars, RDE 001 315Mhz orange sensors, are fitted to the Beru valve stems. The tire valve stems come in five sizes listed below, and all are serviced by a single valve stem service kit, pictured below. Here is the list of valves and their application, followed by photos of each valve size, the two TPMS sensor types for 575M/SAs, and the service kit for your stems if you are only changing tires. The only time you really need new valve stems is if you buy a new set of wheel without them, or your old stems are damaged. Otherwise all you need are four service kits, available on E-Bay and from other suppliers for less than $15.

Beru Tire Valves for the Ferrari 575M/SA

COLOR Mfg Type Length
    Silver BERU RDV 001 43mm
    Green BERU RDV 002 48mm
    Black BERU RDV 003 49mm
    Orange BERU RDV 004 51mm
    Yellow BERU RDV 005 56mm

RDV 001, Silver, 43mm Valves for 18” 575M
    RDV 004, Orange, 51mm Valves for 19” 575M/SA Modulars

I also included a TPMS System document with most of this information included.

Taz
    Terry Phillips
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. 575

575 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 20, 2009
    Hi Terry

Do you know which sensors are fitted to the Uk spec cars?

cheers

3. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    575- Affirmative. UK 575Ms have RDE 001s (315Mhz) and you want orange, which are the Generation 1.5 sensors. Your fellow countryman Philip benefitted when I bought an orange set mistakenly for my car. He ended up with a set with 95% life left for half price or less. His car was UK spec, as well. Australian 575Ms use 433Mhz RDE 004s, like US spec cars.

Taz
    Terry Phillips

4. creafield

creafield Formula Junior

Oct 21, 2004
    NSW, Australia
    Full Name:
    Philip
    Terry

USA/CDN cars are 315hz - Grey (price on Ricambi = US $319.16 each)

UK/Australian cars are 433hz - Orange. (Price = US $162.00 each) .. PLUS I think all other countries (Europe/China etc.)

See table 57 Ricambi 575M

Philip
    PS Taz My fellow countryman is not a POM :):).
    My car is Hong Kong origin (ZFFBT55C ...0) same as UK (ie the ..C)
    Australian = BT55D.(ie. the D).
    Europe = BT55B .. ie the B
    USA = BT55A .. ie the A

Which we know from your excellent SN# document
    I wonder what China, South Ameria, Africa are?

5. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Philip- The dark gray, 433Mhz RDE 004 sensors are Gen 1, so nobody wants those. The Gen 1.5 sensors are dark brown, like the photo I showed, and have way better battery life.

Gen 1 315Mhz RDE 001 sensors are light gray, and the Gen 1.5 sensors are orange, like the ones I sent you.

I now vaguely remember your car came from Hong Kong, which is UK spec with metric instruments. Made it easier to certify, no doubt.

I have no idea on the other nations. Have to wait until we get some players. A good hint is the frequency for the alarm fobs and TPMS sensors and whether that nation uses RHD or not.

Alarm Remote Fob Frequency (Opposite of TPMS Sensor Frequency)

Countries with a frequency of 433 MHz:
    Italy, Denmark, Luxembourg, Austria, France, Spain, Portugal, Sweden, Finland, Germany (with specific complete ECU kit), Switzerland (with
    specific complete ECU kit), Belgium (with specific complete ECU kit), Netherlands (with specific complete ECU kit), United Kingdom (with
    specific complete ECU kit), Ireland (with specific complete ECU kit), Greece, Tuerkey, Cyprus, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Bahrain, Brunei, Hong
    Kont, China, Thailand, Taiwan.

Note 2
    Countries with a frequency of 315 MHZ:
    USA, Canada, Mexico, Puerto Rico, Brazil, Argentina, Venezuela, Lebanon, United Arab Emirates, Oman, Japan, Singapore, Australia.

Taz
    Terry Phillips

6. creafield

creafield Formula Junior

Oct 21, 2004
    NSW, Australia
    Full Name:
    Philip
    Terry
    The Orange TPMS you sent me was 433mhz. The grey TPMS sensor I took off the car is grey, 433 mhz and date of manufacture is 18/02/2002.

The replacement 433mhz works fine in my UK/HK car. I am unsure what the local (Australian) frequency is for TPMS ... I 'think' it is 433 as in talking to the local Ferrari parts man he did say the TPMS were orange .. I will check as it is going in for a major service next week, and we will have a weeks holiday in Sydney.

I note your frequency chart, but don't understand "Alarm remote ......" line.
    To get what yoiu are saying exactly right, do you mean the fob and the TPMS have opposite sensors frequencies ie. USA Fob = 315, therefore TPMS = 433 in the same car??

If so what is the logic behind this as I understood that the frequency allocation for the various countries was because of interference from other in use spectrums within that country?
    ie. USA = 315 for Fob & 433 for TPMS?

7. 575

575 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 20, 2009
    Terry -As always thanks for the great info.

Phil - Since all Ferraris are born in ITALY are we brothers then.?

Maybe not -------- but at least Paesani(countrymen).

Cheers

8. creafield

creafield Formula Junior

Oct 21, 2004
    NSW, Australia
    Full Name:
    Philip
    Greetings 575 ... my sincere apologies. I was NOT paying attention and did not see that you were AUSTRALIAN. That explains all that Terry said.... my apologies to T. as well.

Sooo you have a UK import 575 in Australia. When you get the TPMS either:

1. Wait for Terry to buy another incorrect set, then buy off him (making sure they are 433mhz)
    2. Go to Ferrari Sydney and physically have a look at what the Mhz is on the TPMS ... It will be either 433 or 315. I am sure that you will need a 433 for your UK origin car as it works 100% on mine (HK delivered, with a B for country).
    3. Report back on what Ferrari Sydney is selling as TPMS for Australian delivered cars
    4. Have a look at my posts re changing the TPMS .. it was quite straight forward.
    5. With your UK delivered car did you get all 3 fobs (1 red, 2 black)?, and you car protection kit?
    6. What happened in the end about your instrument/speedo?

9. 575

575 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 20, 2009
    Hi Creafield

I recieved all three Fobs with my car. What is the protection Kit?

My dash was all metric except for the speedo / odo.

The speedo has been converted to KPH.

Cheers

10. creafield

creafield Formula Junior

Oct 21, 2004
    NSW, Australia
    Full Name:
    Philip
    575 ...

Car protection kit is a bag with a car cover, 2 seat covers and I think a steering wheel cover. Important if you want to maintain its originality.
    Did you get a new binnacle, or just the speedo?

Philip C

11. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Philip- You are right, both the alarm remotes and TPMS sensors are 433Mhz on Euro cars and 315Mhz on US/Cdn cars. Need to do some editing. The frequencies are plainly legible on both sensors.

I had it right on my original version, but changed it for some reason.

Not tonight, though.

Taz
    Terry Phillips

12. 575

575 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 20, 2009
    Phil - I recieved the original ferrari cover with the car.

I am not sure what exactly was done with the speedo except to say that it is now reading in kph . It was arranged by the compliance guy.

cheers

13. BIBENDUM400

BIBENDUM400 Rookie

Dec 16, 2006
    CANADA
    Full Name:
    Simon McBride
    HI Taz, I hope you're still aware of this thread/post which was very much appreciated.
    Although.... kindly note you refer to RDE 004 Dark brown sensors yet there is NO dark brown sensor in the pic, nor the table.
    I have a 2004 575M needing sensors and cannot believe Ferrari Dealer wants over $250 US here in Canada for each one. plus installation!
    I am ?misunderstanding that the valve reference has nothing to do with the sensor reference?
    thank you
    Simon / Bibendum400 in Canada

14. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Simon- That post is 10 years old and my 575M has the TPMS softwared out now. Since then Huf bought Beru, or at least the part that did TPMS sensors. So they were called Huf-Beru for a while and now are just Huf last time I looked. So I do not know what color they are now. These are Huf North America RDE 004V21s and it looks like they should work, and they are dark brown.

https://www.amazon.com/RDE004V21-315MHz-Quality-TPMS-Sensor/dp/B073JJPW59/ref=sr_1_7?dchild=1&keywords=huf+tpms+sensor+315mhz+mercedes&qid=1596058766&sr=8-7

These folks show a Ferrari application for that RDE004V21 sensor.

https://www.tpms.com/20079-Schrader-TPMS-Sensor-p/20079.htm

15. Auraraptor

Auraraptor F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    Wow great price.

16. mathewr

mathewr F1 Rookie
    Sponsor Rossa Subscribed

Dec 7, 2011
    Deep in the Heart of Texas
    Full Name:
    Ferrari Wheel Guru
  17. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Mat- Thanks, now manufactured by "BH SENS (Formerly Huf)" and it looks like the one from Amazon is the correct one. Sure beats the olden days when Ferrari wanted to charge $400 each for the sensors. BH is likely shorthand for Beru-Huf.

mathewr likes this.