355 Cat ECUs - again! | FerrariChat

355 Cat ECUs - again!

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by pourquoi_ne, Mar 12, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. pourquoi_ne

pourquoi_ne Karting

Mar 16, 2006
    England
    Full Name:
    John
    I know this issue has been covered ad nauseam but I have a new angle - I think! I discovered that my CAT ECUs had been disconnected. The Independent who services my car told me that if the bypass valve is wired open (which it has been) and if I didnt want SDL problems then I need to have the ECUs disconnected - any truth in this Guys?

2. ronrob

ronrob Formula Junior

Jan 15, 2007
    Var, S.E. France
    Full Name:
    Ronald Brown
    Makes no sense to me. Let's start with:-
    If you disconnect either of the CAT ECU's you should get a slow down light - are you sure that there is a bulb in there i.e. does the SDL come on when you start the car and then go out after a few seconds (self test)?

3. pourquoi_ne

pourquoi_ne Karting

Mar 16, 2006
    England
    Full Name:
    John
    I dont know because I havent plugged the ECUs in and tried it. I merely asked the question why they were disconnected prior and I was given the answer above ie the bypass valve had been wired up and therefore the ECU should be disconnected otherwise you get SDL problems.

4. ronrob

ronrob Formula Junior

Jan 15, 2007
    Var, S.E. France
    Full Name:
    Ronald Brown
    Suggest that you unwire the by-pass valve, connect the CAT ECU's and see what you've got. Ask your independent why the CAT ECU's are there in the first place.