"Buyer's Guide" to different TR mechanical/maintenance issues for specific years? | FerrariChat

"Buyer's Guide" to different TR mechanical/maintenance issues for specific years?

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by Ted Bell, Mar 13, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ted Bell

Ted Bell Rookie

Feb 22, 2010
    Western NC
    Full Name:
    Ted Bell
    I've been reading through the old threads on here, and reading about TestaRob's gearbox issue (http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=112201) got me wondering about what maintenance/mechanical concerns there are that are unique to specific years of TR's. A list of what to be aware of for specific model years would be helpful to those of us that are going to be in the buyer's market in the future. Anyone care to contribute? Come to think of it, a "pros/cons" for each year would be great.

Thanks,
    Ted

2. Spasso

Spasso F1 World Champ

Feb 16, 2003
    Land of Slugs & Moss
    Full Name:
    Han Solo
    I think it would be easier to apply ALL of the maintenance/mechanical issues to to ALL of the models because the differences are fewer.

Just eliminate the ones that don't apply.

1992 and up has the electronic fuel injection.
    Late 1994 and all of 1995 have the upgraded transmissions and differentials.
    Other than that, they all have (or will have) the fuse panel issues and potential for exploding differentials.