XWX 215/70VR14 Tires | FerrariChat

XWX 215/70VR14 Tires

Discussion in '206/246' started by DinoDriver, Mar 13, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. DinoDriver

DinoDriver Formula Junior

Mar 14, 2005
    Leesburg, VA
    Full Name:
    Bill Ebert
    The FCA-MAR had a tech session & flea market at Ferrari of Washington (D.C.) this afternoon. They had an unused set of 4 Michelin XWX 215/70VR14 tires for sale in the flea market for $500 plus tax. Aren't these the correct size for the Dino Campagnola wheels? That's a great bargain! Contact Glenn Marquis at FoW if you're interested - 703-478-3606.

The usual disclaimer applies: I have no commercial connection with FoW and will not profit from the transaction, if there is one.

Enjoy!

Bill

2. racerboy9

racerboy9 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    The Campagnolo rims are 7.5" as are the stock Dino rims.

3. dinogts

dinogts Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Stock Dino rims are 6.5" Cromodoras, but, as you say, the Campys are 7.5" - but they both use the same size tires: 205/70VR14.

Mark

4. racerboy9

racerboy9 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Sorry, you are right. It is the tires that are the same. Interesting that the parts book shows the front Campagnolo as 6.5" x 14" and the rears as 7.5" x 14". I think I saw one of the 6.5" campy rims at FAF a long time ago mounted on the wall and used as a hose reel. It had a damaged rim IIRC.

5. Pantdino

Pantdino Formula 3

Jan 13, 2004
    Full Name:
    Jim
    What was the date of manufacture?
    Michelin says their tires are only good for 7 years, so if they are anything like that old they are nearly worthless if you actually drive your car.

6. DinoDriver

Mar 14, 2005
    Leesburg, VA
    Full Name:
    Bill Ebert
    You'll have to call FoW for that info.

Bill

7. swift53

swift53 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2007
    E.S.
    Full Name:
    Alberto
    Please, translate FoW? Regards, Alberto

8. DinoDriver

Mar 14, 2005
    Leesburg, VA
    Full Name:
    Bill Ebert
    FoW = Ferrari of Washington. It's the only dealership in the Northern Virginia, Baltimore, Maryland and Washington D.C. Metro Areas.

9. 2GT

2GT Formula 3

Aug 25, 2008
    Western NY
    Full Name:
    Fred
    This is a bit off topic, but when one of my Dinos still had its original XWX tires, it looked like it had all-wheel drive, or was equipped for surfing the Sahara desert. The look, coupled with their fast wear rate, soured me on replacing them with new XWXs. Fred