XWX 215/70VR14 Tires | FerrariChat

XWX 215/70VR14 Tires

Discussion in '206/246' started by DinoDriver, Mar 13, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. DinoDriver

DinoDriver Formula Junior

Mar 14, 2005
    Leesburg, VA
    Full Name:
    Bill Ebert
    The FCA-MAR had a tech session & flea market at Ferrari of Washington (D.C.) this afternoon. They had an unused set of 4 Michelin XWX 215/70VR14 tires for sale in the flea market for $500 plus tax. Aren't these the correct size for the Dino Campagnola wheels? That's a great bargain! Contact Glenn Marquis at FoW if you're interested - 703-478-3606.

The usual disclaimer applies: I have no commercial connection with FoW and will not profit from the transaction, if there is one.

Enjoy!

Bill

2. racerboy9

racerboy9 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    The Campagnolo rims are 7.5" as are the stock Dino rims.

3. dinogts

dinogts Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Stock Dino rims are 6.5" Cromodoras, but, as you say, the Campys are 7.5" - but they both use the same size tires: 205/70VR14.

Mark

4. racerboy9

racerboy9 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Sorry, you are right. It is the tires that are the same. Interesting that the parts book shows the front Campagnolo as 6.5" x 14" and the rears as 7.5" x 14". I think I saw one of the 6.5" campy rims at FAF a long time ago mounted on the wall and used as a hose reel. It had a damaged rim IIRC.

5. Pantdino

Pantdino Formula 3

Jan 13, 2004
    Full Name:
    Jim
    What was the date of manufacture?
    Michelin says their tires are only good for 7 years, so if they are anything like that old they are nearly worthless if you actually drive your car.

6. DinoDriver

Mar 14, 2005
    Leesburg, VA
    Full Name:
    Bill Ebert
    You'll have to call FoW for that info.

Bill

7. swift53

swift53 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2007
    E.S.
    Full Name:
    Alberto
    Please, translate FoW? Regards, Alberto

8. DinoDriver

Mar 14, 2005
    Leesburg, VA
    Full Name:
    Bill Ebert
    FoW = Ferrari of Washington. It's the only dealership in the Northern Virginia, Baltimore, Maryland and Washington D.C. Metro Areas.

9. 2GT

2GT Formula 3

Aug 25, 2008
    Western NY
    Full Name:
    Fred
    This is a bit off topic, but when one of my Dinos still had its original XWX tires, it looked like it had all-wheel drive, or was equipped for surfing the Sahara desert. The look, coupled with their fast wear rate, soured me on replacing them with new XWXs. Fred