Drivers? | FerrariChat

Drivers?

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by Rubi, Mar 15, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Rubi

Rubi Formula Junior

May 4, 2009
    Pacific Northwest
    Who here drives their cars? I have to ask because last March I bought my car. It had about 4500 miles on it. A quick search will reveal it is a 2005 575M. I will break 9000 miles this week if the weather does what it looks like it will. I love to drive this car. That is why I bought it. I'm thinking about taking it to Issaquah in a few minutes to pick up a storage box/step for my hot tub but I don't think it will fit in the car. Soo, i think I'll just drive to Issaquah for fun.

I have to admit, I feel a little bad for doubling the miles in one year but I feel even worse for the original dude who owned her for 4+ years and just drove her to the car wash and back. Rumor is he traded it in on a 599 a year or so ago. He's probably put 800 miles on that one already.... But seriously, I love the guy because he saved me over $150,000 on this car....

I actually hate the fact that I've only put 4500 miles on her in a year. I figure if I drive it like I stole it, maintain it, and get the bumps and and dings and rock pecks and scratches fixed every year it might be worth a million bucks when I'm 70. If not, I'll have had more fun than almost anyone you know. Three door dings, one scrubbed rim, a banged up valance, a bent license plate, a scratched bumper, mud on the floormats, two hot chicks stacked in the passenger seat in front of the Four Seasons one night, my 12 year old boy in the passenger seat and my 7 year old daughter on the tranny hump laughing until she was crying...

How can people buy these damn machines and be so freaking uptight they can't enjoy them? Boggles the mind...

2. m3power222

m3power222 Formula 3

Feb 24, 2006
    Camas, WA
    Full Name:
    Wilson
    I like your style:)

3. h2oskier

h2oskier F1 Veteran

Oct 1, 2006
    inside someone hot
    Full Name:
    MJA
    2009 scud with almost 4k miles
    2008 430 spider with 10k miles
    2004 CS that I've put 4k miles on this year

and these cars are parked more than my others.

4. coverland

coverland Formula 3

Apr 22, 2007
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    Colin
    Yeah, I actually work at the Four Seasons- and when we're busy I end up having to park cars... I check the mileage on some of the more exotic vehicles and it's always ridiculously low... other than with you guys, I'm not really around exotics, and I know most of you drive them. (Where else can you find 3 SV's within 10 feet of each other on a given Saturday?)

Let's say you buy a $150k car at 48mnths. The way I see it is you paid $50k for that car this year, alone... and yet you only drove it 1500 miles? You're paying like $30 a mile to drive the thing... not to mention insurance, etc...

I guess it goes the way Roy has always said

If you want to look at one, buy a poster.

-Colin

5. BLAMPEE

BLAMPEE Man Card Status: Never Issued

I bought my 355 in July 2008--she had 5 owners and a total of 18k miles.

She now has a tad over 25k on the clock--and I'm only home 5-10 days per month!!!!

I am one of the most anal retentive bastards when it comes to things looking "new" and organized. To be honest, though, after 7k glorious (S)miles, rock chips don't bother me in this car like all the other nice cars I have owned (No FCars, though).

It can be repainted...it ain't gonna decrease the value of my car to have the front bumper repainted a few times over the years I plan on owning her.

:)

6. Jonny Law

Jonny Law F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

May 6, 2008
    Over yonder.
    Full Name:
    IT Guy
    lol. I guarantee the only thing Wilson read was " ...two hot chicks stacked in the passenger seat!"

Every mechanic I have ever talked to has said the same thing, "you do more damage to a car by letting sit with no use at all."

7. roytoy2003

roytoy2003 F1 Veteran

Jul 30, 2004
    Full Name:
    Roy L. Cats
    It is a FRIKN CAR!!!

AND it will go 100K plus miles..I GUARNTEE you

Approaching 9K miles on my 2010 LP670-4SV, Delivered late July 2009..If I dont break 20K on it by this years end, I will be highly disappointed in myself...

OR the correct summer "Elf" has landed in my pool!! LOL

8. MordaloMVD

MordaloMVD F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 7, 2005
    WA
    Full Name:
    Michael von Ditter
    The problem is that perceived 10K limit. Somehow magically you car becomes worthless. NOT. Our F car will get about 5K miles this summer in two weeks time. :D And oh God, it will go over 10K by quite a ways. :)

9. MIlkman

MIlkman Karting

Mar 14, 2010
    Woodburn OR
    Full Name:
    Tim Storm
    I got my 355 5 years ago and have put 8000 miles on it. If I didn't work 80 hrs /wk It would be 80,000 I love driving it and since it is always raining on my days off it seemed silly to get a spyder. DRIVE IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT !!!

10. yb360

yb360 Formula Junior

Jul 3, 2004
    WA
    Full Name:
    John A.
    They're cars.....drive them! That's what they were made for.

11. donv

donv Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    Most Ferrari owners have more than one car. If you have 5 cars, rotate them evenly, and drive 10,000 miles per year, that's only 2,000 miles per year per car. And most people don't rotate them evenly.

12. Spasso

Spasso F1 World Champ

Feb 16, 2003
    Land of Slugs & Moss
    Full Name:
    Han Solo
    In the words of James Glickenhaus (Napolis);

"Not putting miles on your Ferrari is like not having sex with your Girl Friend so she'll be more desirable to her next Boy Friend."

Don't forget, there are those that DO drive the hell out of their cars...............with the odometer unplugged.

13. Jdubbya

Jdubbya The $10 Trillion Man
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
    I've put 15K+ miles on mine in 6 years. And that was with it apart for probably at least three years of that! Been down all winter again this year but hope to have it back on the road before long.

14. $$$=SPEED

$$$=SPEED F1 Veteran

Aug 18, 2004
    Portland, Or. USA
    Full Name:
    Depends who's asking
    I drive mine everywhere. Murcielago I have put 18k miles on in almost 2 years, Bentley 25k miles in 2.5 years. 430 4500 miles in 4 months. plus my daily drivers about 30k between them annually

15. JJJJJS

JJJJJS Karting

Dec 27, 2003
    Portland, OR.
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Wow, you drive more in one year than I've driven in my entire life.

16. $$$=SPEED

$$$=SPEED F1 Veteran

Aug 18, 2004
    Portland, Or. USA
    Full Name:
    Depends who's asking
    Yep there were a few long distance trips involved as well but my business I put 150 a day on at least seeing clients

17. BLAMPEE

BLAMPEE Man Card Status: Never Issued

OMG...Mike, do you seriously take the Murci on client runs??? LoL

I think only 1, maybe 2 of my clients know that I have a Ferrari.

Funny stuff! :)

18. roytoy2003

roytoy2003 F1 Veteran

Jul 30, 2004
    Full Name:
    Roy L. Cats
    Why? Are you ashamed of your sucess..??

19. yb360

yb360 Formula Junior

Jul 3, 2004
    WA
    Full Name:
    John A.
    It's funny how some clients are happy to see you successful while others suddenly feel that you must be overcharging them if you can have something like that.....

20. synchro

synchro F1 Veteran

Feb 14, 2005
    CHNDLR
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Over 26K km in 4 years and been up and down the coast three times. This month's NWR-FCA calendar shot shows #05082 in the San Diego desert.

21. sammyb

sammyb Formula 3

Jun 23, 2006
    Where wife tells me
    Full Name:
    Sam
    I drive the cars as much as possible. My 328 has 87K miles and the 308 GT4 has 54K (I think). My problem is that I don't really drive that many miles, so I tend to put six or seven miles on a car when I take it out to pick up my daughters or groceries, etc..

But I'm solidly in the Glickenhaus/Cats camp.

22. steve0826

steve0826 Karting

Jul 13, 2009
    Bellevue, WA
    I took my 328 to Costco, Home Depot, Starbucks and many other places.

People here in the NW are very nice; I noticed people just watch it from a distance.

Mileage is really not a devil; it helps demonstrate how well the car has been maintained.