F50 | Page 2 | FerrariChat

F50

Discussion in '288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari' started by BLAMPEE, Mar 12, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SSNISTR

SSNISTR F1 Veteran

Feb 13, 2004
    SFL
    The F50 isn't even remotely close to an F1 car for the road, no matter what anyone says. Don't get me wrong, I love them, but to call them that is, well off base.

By the way, all F40's but the USA cars have fuel bags too....

2. AJ

AJ Formula 3

Jun 23, 2008
    Full Name:
    Aaron
    Have you driven one?

3. TurboFreak650

TurboFreak650 Formula 3

Jul 10, 2004
    Atlanta, GA
    Evo did an excellent comparison of the Four Horsemen not too long ago and surprisingly (to me at least) chose the F50 as the best overall driving experience.

But if I were buying a Ferrari supercar for the purpose of going to the track, it would be the a F40 with slicks and upgraded turbos. :D This car is the warrior of the group.

If I actually intended to drive on the street often, probably a F50 (top down naturally), then an Enzo.

If I planned to sit in my rocking chair and look at the car since it's too rare and precious to drive, the GTO. This would never happen, since I believe in driving cars, but I would probably tend to drive the GTO the least of the four since it's such a masterpiece. Kind of sad that most GTOs are mostly museum pieces, but I can understand where that comes from.

4. ryankjb

ryankjb Formula 3

Nov 19, 2006
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    I didn't know that about the F40 tanks, thanks. And as for calling the F50 a F1 car for the road...I'm just quoting Piero :)

5. coverland

coverland Formula 3

Apr 22, 2007
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    Colin
    I remember when I was 5, I got a poster at one of those school book-fair things... of an F50, but it just said "FERRARI" on the poster. At the time, I couldn't distinguish Ferraris from any other exotics unless I could clearly see the "horse" on the back... at which point I would point it out and my parents would tell me "Oh that guy just wants attention."

...little do they know.

Anyway, I got the poster and from there on out, no question about it- every time I drew a car for anything, it was always modeled after the F50...

...so eventually it came time in 1st grade art-class to draw pictures of my daily life... these included Mom dropping me off at school in an F50, me getting off the bus with an F50 in the driveway, and my Dad taking me to baseball practice in an F50... unfortunately, the F50 was a Ford Aerostar in real life. :D

Soon enough my kids will be drawing me dropping them off at school in an F50... and it will be rather accurate. :D

-Colin

6. ryankjb

ryankjb Formula 3

Nov 19, 2006
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    I had that same poster :)

The only difference is, I still draw pictures of F50s. I'm working on one right now.

7. clayton bigsby

clayton bigsby Karting

Jan 29, 2008
    seattle wa
    Full Name:
    Arby Asatoorians
    #32 clayton bigsby, Mar 15, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    i couldnt say its the sexiest ever nor would i take it over a enzo or F40 but it is one sexy machine and in stock form i really dont like the wheels love it when owners change up the wheels makes the car look more modern.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

8. SSNISTR

SSNISTR F1 Veteran

Feb 13, 2004
    SFL
    Wow, that matte black one is SICK!

9. PAP 348

PAP 348 Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia